VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How fast was he going? This is the first time I've ever heard of a warrant out for someone's arrest over how fast they were driving. This, along with the story I read last night about the SWAT team raiding the home of the boys who did a Twitter parody of the Mayor of Peoria, have me disappointed about what a police state my homeland has become.

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82250

http://nicholsgreen.com/practice-ar...in-virginia/citizen-warrant-reckless-driving/

JM admitted to buying alcohol, did he buy for her? Well that is contributing to the delinquincy of a minor. Why not charge for that?

How fast was he going? This is the first time I've ever heard of a warrant out for someone's arrest over how fast they were driving. This, along with the story I read last night about the SWAT team raiding the home of the boys who did a Twitter parody of the Mayor of Peoria, have me disappointed about what a police state my homeland has become.

Reckless driving in Va is considered 11 miles over the posted speed limit. There are 13 other reasons you can be given a reckless driving ticket in the state of Va besides speeding.

You can find the rest at the link below.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/the-14-types-of-reckless-driving-in-virginia

-

They need to leave JM alone!

He's obviously wonderful. It's the creepy guy

JMO

Isn't that a sticker - like a registration or inspection sticker -- that's been blurred out? Can any Virginians say whether you all still have those? We don't in my state, but we used to in a state I used to live in.
I'm a bit behind so sorry if it is a repeat. Yes, VA has inspection stickers in the middle of windshield. There should be an inspection sticker and a personal property tax sticker next to each other (in VA you pay personal property tax on vehicles yearly)

BBM - I think it is best to go by the evidence we have, regardless if you think he is guilty or innocent. We shouldn't assume either way, we should use what we know and remember what we dont know.

At the risk of repeating myself for the 100th time. The evidence we have shows JM as being the last known person with Hannah. If the police did not persue this then they wouldn't be doing their job. They gave him opportunity to come and talk before they named him. He chose not to speak to him which is his right. It doesn't mean that just because he walked in and refused to talk that he suddenly isn't a person of interest. They need to know what JM knows. Simple as that!

IMO, there are so many possibilities. Maybe Hannah was familiar with JM and not threatened by him at all. Or maybe Hannah did feel threatened by JM but did not respond aggressively because JM was twice her size and she had no idea what he was capable of. Maybe she ducked into Tempo in an attempt to lose him but he followed and she continued to appease him for a while. Some people react this way to danger (fight, flight, freeze or appease). I remember going into "appease" mode quite often when I was young, especially with people who were exhibiting unpredictable behavior.

All of the above is just my opinion.

I agree. I have had people come up to me and touch me and I felt uncomfortable but did not show it and put on a fake smile.

JM admitted to buying alcohol, did he buy for her? Well that is contributing to the delinquincy of a minor. Why not charge for that?

She's not a minor, she's just under age for alcohol.

He has changed his looks for sure...used to be shaved clean and was a taxi driver...someone who morgan harrington could have gotten into a car with perhaps? I still would like to match up dates for his taxi driving and what co and if he was a taxi driver when morgan went missing. I'll leave it at that...I do Not understand how LE let this guy "get away" or out of their line of sight. Clearly as I suspected, they do not have the manpower or good cop sense to even put a person under surveillance...for petes sake :( I'm pretty sure that they did state wide nation wide dna in morgans case...no way they could have missed him; if that record posted online is in face his. Seems some discrepancies with Mathews vs Mathew...in reporting as well. Maybe he made up the "bald black guy" since he is not seen anywhere on cctv, and he should have been. This is bothering me. I think they should run his dna against any rape cases that match his description just to be certain. And any open investigation rape cases dating back ten years. It would help to know if he has a steady girlfriend, etc. Why would Longo have him and then make another announcement that he wants him to come back and they need to talk to him further? If he is innocent why run, is it because he is totally afraid, black, has a record possibly, and may be unjustly charged? Why would she text she was lost in an area she knew so well? She could have been drugged, and or someone else used her phone to text that. There are statements online that his atty is attempting to have him come in....

I am curious about this reckless driving charge. He came in with relatives to the station in a car, not his car, since LE has his car, do they not. When he leaves, he's driving someone else's car? I can' t imagine anyone who knows him well , that would accompany him to the police station, to be his moral support would trust him driving the car that is not his, given the condition he keeps his car and his running list of traffic and car probelms. Plus, they would have to know he is distressed and in trouble over all of this. YOu'd let someone like that and in this situation drive, and drive YOUR Car? Not going to look good for LE , if indeed they cannot prove he was the driver.

But yes, this is what LE does a lot. Try to lock up suspect for something serious on minor charges and get him in their sights, try to get him to talk, stick him in a cell with an informer. That's pretty standard. Also, they know that it could be a problem locating the person if needed later, as one can see from this--The lawyer probably told JM to make himself scarce.

i lend my little brother my car all the time.. since he totaled his when he hit a deer at night on the interstate.. so it is possible

JM hasn't admitted anything. He hasn't actually spoken publicly or released any statement at all. there has been radio silence from JM. We also don't know what drink he bought her, (if anything).

You should find the post with JM's rap sheet . The man could not get it together with his car and driving and requirements. That's been a big problem he's had. But no felonies or other kinds of crime, at least no one's found anything and LE hasn't said anything Car and driving and paperwork for both seem to be problems for JM.

Ugh, when I met my now fiance, of course being the smart person I am (lol) I looked up his record. I had a heart attack when a huge list came up! They all turned out to be traffic violations. Thankfully it had seemed like he smartened up a few years before we met, but man...that list makes him look terrible! And he is anything but terrible!

I read somewhere yesterday that that is being considered. Nope, no link. Can't recall where I read it.

I think she would have mentioned something about rushing, though, on her twitter. When you are going through all that, you are super excited and take a LOT of pictures. I was a sorority girl. I don't know much about the sororities at UVA, but no sorority here would have ever condoned or encouraged a girl to go off on a "mission" alone - whatever a pledge mission is.... I never had any pledge missions? Maybe things are different up there. Any kind of pledging stuff I was involved with would have included "girly" stuff like mascots, founders, the sororities' ideals and creed, or something relating to our philanthropy... Specifically sending a girl off into the night drunk and alone on a mission? Never encountered behavior like that even though I am sure it happens. This is just my experience..... and I do not think this has anything to do with sorority. IMO

(Also, sorority girls go EVERYWHERE together...)

Thanks for this. This was covered way early on in earlier threads if any one wants to read back that far.

Gggrrrr.... :waiting:

I'm hearing ya! This time difference thing is killing me lol. Right now it's 3:06am and I've been up til 4am the last 5 nights trying to follow the updates, keep up with the threads and Pc's! :gaah: and when I have to leave for a few hours I still come back to 3 new threads! Good work guys. Let's bring Hannah home!

You should find the post with JM's rap sheet . The man could not get it together with his car and driving and requirements. That's been a big problem he's had. But no felonies or other kinds of crime, at least no one's found anything and LE hasn't said anything Car and driving and paperwork for both seem to be problems for JM.

He was charged with a Felony.

He was also convicted of misdemeanors - that aren't traffic-related.

He's been in court more than Perry Mason.

There are some key facts and some assumptions. It's nicely organized, but not completely accurate:

1. BG walked westbound along mall and then "u-turned" and headed east behind HG, eventually catching up to her and placing his arm around her. (Confirmed by CPD).
2. Police have already stated that they do not believe she sent the text from 14th and Wertland. 15-min spent at Tempo (according to POI), after being seen in front of Tuel Jewelers at 1:08 does not add up. She did not send the text at that location...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95