VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We still do not know for sure that Hannah had alcohol in Tempo. We have only heard "drinks".

I know a lot of people talked about Hannah's walking WAY back, and how she's very long-legged, so she is very athletic, but probably can't walk straight, saw this on her twitter.

"Treadmills are really hard for me because it can barely walk let alone run in a straight line"

There are some certainties in this case, some possibilities and some things that are not possible. We should categorize those things properly. That the evidence is not looking good for JM, does not mean that he has to be a perp in this case. AT this point in time, there is not evidence for the police to charge him with anything. They don't have any proof at this point in time, whether there is even a crime committed, though it's clear that Hannah Graham has disappeared. Having the dog go through the area, pretty much indicates that she was there, and then the trail ended, which pretty much means that she went into a vehicle. That JM has been pinpointed as the last person to have been identified to be with Hannah, that he had a car in the area close to where her trail ended, are all things that point to him. There is likely to be other evidence as well, given the search warrent for the car and the apartment. But, not enough to charge him with anything and so far not a word about any arrest. Yet, Longo and LE are using very aggressive language and tactics about implicating him.

That he is refusing to talk, that he did not come in to the police when the video footage and missing news reports were aired are not necessarily indicators of his guilt. Nor is his situation. All of these things do, however, add up in the "probable" column. Bear in mind that the police cannot arrest him...yet. Other cases have been cited where the body did not show up, yet a suspect was arrested, tried and convicted. JM is not at the arrest stage even..yet.

Why would an innocent person ask for a lawyer and then run off?

He was charged with a Felony.

He was also convicted of misdemeanors - that aren't traffic-related.

He's been in court more than Perry Mason.

Yes, if I was his Grandma I wouldn't be claiming he is a good boy...

I'm a bit behind so sorry if it is a repeat. Yes, VA has inspection stickers in the middle of windshield. There should be an inspection sticker and a personal property tax sticker next to each other (in VA you pay personal property tax on vehicles yearly)

Not all counties in Va require personal property tags. Here in Henrico we arent required to have them...they just suspend your license if you dont pay it.

Why would an innocent person ask for a lawyer and then run off?

He didn't run off...he left the station after talking to the lawyer. The lawyer probably advised him not to talk. Speculation is that he could not afford the lawyer, therefore the lawyer could not sit in on his talk with LE.

Something along those lines is certainly number one on my list.

me too. since LE thinks she "had her world turned around", and there is a train right by her apt, something could have happened to her accidental in nature while she was lost.

Parker has been very quiet for the last 24 hours... Well compared to the previous days.

I don't suppose anyone has any idea whether LE has gained access to JM's phone and/or records? I'm wondering if that was included in the search of the car and apartment; I'm thinking not. Would that require its own separate warrant? And if so, what would it take for LE to get that warrant? Just curious as to what the phone/text records would say about what he was doing that night and in the days following, and his locations. I think that would be useful info for authorities.

If Im reading the inspection sticker correctly that car is 4 months past due on inspection.

Not something that an individual with their act together would let slide for so long IMO.

Eh, I'm horrible with remembering registration & inspection. It was such a hassle for me (lol) that I'd procrastinate then get a few tickets. Well, I used to until I got so many in one month I learned my lesson!! I'm so thankful for online bill pay, too. I was so bad at just remembering to do things on time. While I'm not the most legit adult type (I don't own a home or make millions), I'm married, work full-time, keep 3 rescue dogs happy & I definitely wouldn't hurt another human being.

Good eyes though. I can't read anything on there! :)

Well sure. But why do we assume this guy is innocent? I mean, he was the last person known to be with a missing girl who he did not know and he's not talking,apparently. It is no wonder that LE is interested in this young man.

Why assume he's innocent? There are a couple of reasons. If ethics aren't enough, there's also the possibility that assuming he's innocent until PROVEN guilty helps avoid letting the actual guilty party evade capture in the event that the POI is innocent.

I know a lot of people talked about Hannah's walking WAY back, and how she's very long-legged, so she is very athletic, but probably can't walk straight, say this on her twitter.

"Treadmills are really hard for me because it can barely walk let alone run in a straight line"

I saw that too. very relevant.

I don't suppose anyone has any idea whether LE has gained access to JM's phone and/or records? I'm wondering if that was included in the search of the car and apartment; I'm thinking not. Would that require its own separate warrant? And if so, what would it take for LE to get that warrant? Just curious as to what the phone/text records would say about what he was doing that night and in the days following, and his locations. I think that would be useful info for authorities.

Someone said a warrant for phone records was included the day they searched his car and apartment. But I don't personally have confirmation on that.

How fast do you have to drive to go to prison?

Like a sentence of for the night? If you're going 90+ you will probably go to jail for the night and maybe get a few days. Otherwise you get lots of fines and tons of points. You'd eventually lose your license if you can't pay the fines. Technically it's a class 1 misdemeanor so up to 12 mos in jail, but courts opt for the fine instead.

Okay...so another search warrant being executed on the apartment. What could this mean?? :tantrum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches