VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting on the results of forensics is going to drive me bonkers. I'm so impatient. :blushing::shame:

I'm a little discouraged that they haven't heard anything yet. Perhaps they have, but if there was something substantial they would have jumped on it. My point is that we know at least SOME of the results are back. Can't that be communicated to LE as tests are completed? I wouldn't think they would hold results until every single thing is finished.

reckless right? if she crashed it wouldn't be wreck-less.... (lol)

Lol lol. And misspelling is my biggest pet peeve. Can't believe I did that. On, the irony. This case has fried my brain!!!!

Damn having to shop, and cook and tend house when all I want to do is be here. Sorry /end rant.

I'm a little discouraged that they haven't heard anything yet. Perhaps they have, but if there was something substantial they would have jumped on it. My point is that we know at least SOME of the results are back. Can't that be communicated to LE as tests are completed? I wouldn't think they would hold results until every single thing is finished.

Since they have served and executed a second search warrant on the apartment, it makes me think SOMETHING else must have come from somewhere?!

If JM walked up to her and put his arm immediately around her I would think she would push him off unless he was forcing himself on her or they know each other. Or maybe she felt uncomfortable about it but didn't say anything. Didn't someone on her also say they have a friend who knows him and that he is creepy with women and has no sense of personal space.

Several threads back an alleged co-worker said this was somewhat his reputation at work. Don't know if the poster has been verified or even still posting or if this is true or not. Just clarifying what was posted previously.

That's weird given the facts. Not sure what that means. It's a long walk given where she was last seen and not really on the route back to the POI's house. It is where the hospital is (the one he worked at??) and one of the ways you'd get back to the busiest road (rt. 29). I guess it's possible that LE may have reason to think that JM dropped her off there (or dumped), someone else drove her there. Might be where her phone was the last time it was tracked and maybe where she was when she said she was going to a party but was lost (maybe invited JM to give her a ride to the party but he might have changed his mind or planned to go elsewhere). If it is where he works, he'd be really familiar with the area.

I think his going to the police station is a really interesting part of his case. This is completely speculative but I am guessing he went there with the intention of talking to LE. He knows that is unavoidable and guilty or innocent he may have just wanted to to have that conversation. He also knows though that given the focus on him from early on in the case, he would be an absolute fool to speak to LE without a lawyer present. But he can't afford a lawyer. So he goes to the police station, thinking maybe they have a lawyer that he can speak with first. They don't but they give him a list / directory and he gets in touch with a lawyer. That lawyer tells him that his only option at this point is to pay to hire someone as he can't get a public defender until arrested. Lawyer also tells him to say absolutely nothing until he has retained and spoken with a lawyer. JM can't pay so he is frustrated and back to square one. He can't even talk to LE even if he wants to. So he leaves, getting more and more frustrated that he is caught between a rock and a hard place. Gets to where he is going and is sick and tired of being followed and being watched and he takes off speeding trying to lose those tailing him. I doubt there was much of a chase, they knew they could pin reckless driving on him. I don't think JM is really a fugitive - on the run. I think he is probably still local and just trying to plan the next steps and how to best protect himself without the constant pressure of LE gazing in his windows and tailgating him down the street. While his motivations are completely different depending on his innocence or guilt, I think his actions can be interpreted in many ways and don't point directly to guilt tor innocence.

IMO there are plenty of defense attorneys in C-Ville who would take this case on pro-bono....for a number of reasons, not the least of which is local and national media attention.

I think his going to the police station is a really interesting part of his case. This is completely speculative but I am guessing he went there with the intention of talking to LE. He knows that is unavoidable and guilty or innocent he may have just wanted to to have that conversation. He also knows though that given the focus on him from early on in the case, he would be an absolute fool to speak to LE without a lawyer present. But he can't afford a lawyer. So he goes to the police station, thinking maybe they have a lawyer that he can speak with first. They don't but they give him a list / directory and he gets in touch with a lawyer. That lawyer tells him that his only option at this point is to pay to hire someone as he can't get a public defender until arrested. Lawyer also tells him to say absolutely nothing until he has retained and spoken with a lawyer. JM can't pay so he is frustrated and back to square one. He can't even talk to LE even if he wants to. So he leaves, getting more and more frustrated that he is caught between a rock and a hard place. Gets to where he is going and is sick and tired of being followed and being watched and he takes off speeding trying to lose those tailing him. I doubt there was much of a chase, they knew they could pin reckless driving on him. I don't think JM is really a fugitive - on the run. I think he is probably still local and just trying to plan the next steps and how to best protect himself without the constant pressure of LE gazing in his windows and tailgating him down the street. While his motivations are completely different depending on his innocence or guilt, I think his actions can be interpreted in many ways and don't point directly to guilt tor innocence.

You're probably 100% correct........but speculating about a crazy fugitive on the loose that enjoys toying with LE and getting involved in high speed pursuits is a lot more fun for everybody. That's also why they make movies like that.

I always wonder what forensics is doing when they can say when they will ready with evidence, lol i.e "tomorrow afternoon" is pretty specific. I picture evidence sitting in an oven with a timer ready to go off tomorrow at noon...

Random thoughts:

All the talk re: Chief Longo being dramatic/aggressive/scaring off the POI....Maybe he's just using the diehard "good cop/bad cop" technique. Let's the detectives be the "good cop", while he assumes the "bad cop" role. He is also a lawyer, as well as the Chief. Lawyers know how to play to a jury & put on a show, for lack of a better word. I'm sure there's a method to his madness.

The theory that HG could've had an accident somewhere...I just really think she'd be found by now, especially if it involved a train as mentioned in a previous post.

Also, I'm not sure what it matters if HG had a drink at Tempo or not? Buying alcohol for a minor is not exactly a horrendous crime compared to what he's facing. It's also been established that she was, indeed, drinking earlier in the night so it's not like she was stone sober to begin with.

With most police departments, I'd say yes. But with these guys, it could be a case of "in for a penny, in for a pound."

What proof do you have that this department is crooked? You've accused them more than once of having their own methods. Links, please.

jmo

That's what is making me worried that they expected a lot of "easy" evidence and they aren't finding it. Moo

That's weird given the facts. Not sure what that means. It's a long walk given where she was last seen and not really on the route back to the POI's house. It is where the hospital is (the one he worked at??) and one of the ways you'd get back to the busiest road (rt. 29). I guess it's possible that LE may have reason to think that JM dropped her off there (or dumped), someone else drove her there. Might be where her phone was the last time it was tracked and maybe where she was when she said she was going to a party but was lost (maybe invited JM to give her a ride to the party but he might have changed his mind or planned to go elsewhere). If it is where he works, he'd be really familiar with the area.

On the map, it looks pretty close to Wertland Street, where she said she was lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990