VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh wouldn't the hospital supply them? I've only heard of nurses who do home care visits needing to have their own supply of gloves.

Maybe he brought them home from work to clean up after his dog...didn't he have a pit bull?

The short hair/no-dread pic or the pic with dreads?

The mugshot with dreads is 2012. The short hair, near his taxi was much older...like 5 years ago. And yes, lots of people have pointed out that it seems as though he was a cab driver during the time of another disappearance/murder in the area (where a young lady was last seen trying to get a rid) but the mods don't want people to do too much speculation about that case on this thread.

Sbm

LE should absolutely be interested in him, investigate him, gather evidence, and nail his butt if if the evidence points to him.

IMO, LE should not try him in the press when they admittedly don't have probable cause.

Moo, but I feel the pc crossed a line, a dangerous one. When LE is so emotionally invested in a single person, it is all to easy for them to develop tunnel vision.

Yes, that pretty much sums up how I feel about it. It's pretty clear there is evidence against JM and he ought to be high on the list of people that police are investigating. But press conferences have raised the concern that they aren't adequately investigating other possibilities, and that there are racial issues involved. Probably there aren't and probably they are working on all other leads as well, but I'm concerned that he has given a lot of ammunition to a future defense by his intemperate statements.

Does Longo think Hannah is alive and could be anywhere in the country?
Does he think it is likely that JM buried her far from VA?
Does he have a warrant out for JM, and wants the entire country to look for his car?

I guess I do not understand why he is all over the national news. If he thought the entire country could help find Hannah or JM, he would make that clear. TBH, I think he likes the attention the case/he is getting, and he is going to have to keep feeding the media beast to keep it going...so that means leaks or increasing the dramatics on the PC's.

Someone tell me how all this national attention is going to find Hannah or solve the case.

He is a Surgery transporter, takes patients back and forth from the OR. He probably wears gloves a lot during the course of his shift. I'm thinking he may have 'borrowed' these from work....?

There are so many reasons to have them in one's home. I had lymph nodes removed on the left, so the doctors have advised I wear gloves frequently (e.g., ALL house cleaning) to reduce the risk of lymphedema. I wouldn't read much into them, especially in light of his medical background.

Did the roomates just recently move out? I can imagine they don't want to be anywhere near this mess.

Ya the gloves done mean much...I probably have 2 boxes at my house just for various reasons.
Now, if they have found some connection to them, like a disposed of pair or something, then that is different...but just the gloves themselves prove nothing.

More than likely, dreads has fled the area by now. He could be 3 or 4 States over by now.

I've noticed all morning that the media is saying that the cops want to talk to the POI in the Hannah Graham case. I saw Longo himself this morning asking people to try and help find Dreads so they can talk to him.

This doesn't sound like a tactic............this sounds like they should have detained him 2 days ago, taken him in for questioning, and THEN let him go if nothing came from it. Instead they let him walk away, twice, and now he is nowhere to be found.

Priceless............................

Can you enlighten me as to the ethical issues that are unique to this case? I haven't been able to follow along very closely and I;m trying to get a grasp of the case.

Direct evidence is witness statements, confessions, and if you stretch it, video or audio of the actual crime in progress. Everything else is circumstantial evidence.

Circumstantial evidence is typically much stronger than direct.

In my opinion, there are issues relating to how much was or wasn't revealed about the POI and the timing of those revelations, the amount of information shared with the public and at what stages about both the victim and the POI, and statements about the witness who came forward and who seemed briefly to be a suspect and/or POI, if misinformation was given on purpose about a black male suspect (not something I believe but something that has been suggested by many on previous threads) and whether that was justified or not and would they do it over the same way... I can think of more, but that should give him enough for a number of interesting lectures.

Does anyone know if he still had dreadlocks that night she disappeared and shaved his head after the disappearance? if so, wonder if that has any significance?

In Jessica Ridgeway's case, (as well as other cases) LE specifically mentioned that the perp might have changed his appearance so to be aware of this.

One of Saturday's searchers blogged that her team found "a pair of purple latex gloves that did look suspiciously new" discarded by the side of the road. Could the box of black gloves removed from the apartment actually be purple? http://overlookedrva.com/2014/09/22/a-reason-to-hope/

https://twitter.com/MikeMurilloWTOP/status/514107342515093504

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP 39s
Police remove two boxes of black disposable gloves from Jesse Matthew's apartment along with closed cars board box @WTOP #HannahGraham

Did the roomates just recently move out? I can imagine they don't want to be anywhere near this mess.

They were all moving out and had plans to do so before all of this happened (there was a craig's list ad) so for the most part, this isn't seen as suspicious (nor are the reports of JM moving boxes out of his apartment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo