VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't stay long at Tempo. I don't think it was a destination she or he had long been interested in. I think they (POI) just wanted to sit down for a short time.

Maybe POI thought he could hear her better at Tempo? Maybe there is no cover charge at Tempo and there is one at the other place? Maybe he knows a worker (bartender) at Tempo and knew he could get away buying alcohol for HG there? That they stayed there such a short time shows the place wasn't very important.

Just speculation: He wanted to hear her story, so they went to a less noisy place. She made it clear during the short time there she was trying to get to a party. He perhaps offered her a ride.

I think they stopped in so HG could use the restroom. She left her phone with JM, a text from her friend came in-"Hey, what's up? Where are you?"- JM texted back the "coming to a party. lost at 14th and wertland" mess. They were at Tempo at 1:08, supposedly stayed 15 minutes, that text was about 1:20 iirc. There were also conflicting accounts of "was she or wasn't she in Tempo"-I think the fact they were only there for 15 minutes and a portion of the time she was in the restroom could lend to that. JMO OF COURSE!!

I wonder if they have thought to look down at the local church for dreads ?

If I was him, I think I'd be sitting on the front pew doing a little of this.... :please: :praying: :praying:

What on earth??? I don't think I even want to know why he has those.

This does not surprise me, he works in medical transport and this could very well be for hygienic purposes. My father, who worked for decades in personal care, had many boxes of gloves around the house. In whatever field you might be likely to come into contact with human body fluids it is in the interest of all parties to take precaution.

Does anyone know if he still had dreadlocks that night she disappeared and shaved his head after the disappearance? if so, wonder if that has any significance?
He did have the dreads that night, as seen in the videos, but I would think that if we're supposed to be looking for him in all corners of the earth, then Longo would have said he shaved his head so we'd know what to look for. JMO

I always wonder what forensics is doing when they can say when they will ready with evidence, lol i.e "tomorrow afternoon" is pretty specific. I picture evidence sitting in an oven with a timer ready to go off tomorrow at noon...

Actually, for DNA that is pretty much right. You send the DNA through heat cycles. How long it takes depends on a lot of factors, including how many cycles you need and how much automation you have. State labs don't generally have the same degree of automation as the big national reference labs.

What on earth??? I don't think I even want to know why he has those.

Nitrile Gloves. Non-latex. Used regularly in tatooing... don't know if Patient Technicians use them. If they did, most likely they'd be purchased/bought by the company he works for.

Do you know from when this picture was taken? I didn't see it noted in the article and I think it should've been.

I believe the link I looked at stated 2012 for a driving on suspended license charge.

If I had to make an intuitive leap, I'd say that LE probably has evidence of JM being involved in the foul play that lead to HG's disappearance. Whether that is with an accomplice, by himself, by accident, after the fact, premeditated, he's an opportunist, whether this is the only case they're linking him to, or if there are others, etc.

I think they aren't arresting him (with what they have, which I'm guessing wouldn't lead to the highest charges possible), in the hopes that they can sweat him (aka outing him in public, while still being free) to give more info, or so that they can catch him getting rid of evidence/going back to a crime scene, etc.

I'm guessing (I hate to say it), that they want her body. In so many of VA's missing young women, the body is never found or it isn't found until after most evidence is gone or is highly degraded.

JMO

Nitrile Gloves. Non-latex. Used regularly in tatooing... don't know if Patient Technicians use them. If they did, most likely they'd be purchased/bought by the company he works for.

Uh wouldn't the hospital supply them? I've only heard of nurses who do home care visits needing to have their own supply of gloves.

I think it's very interesting that his bio mentions that he lectures on ethics. There are a lot of interesting ethical issues in this case that should give him fodder for years after it's resolved.

Can you enlighten me as to the ethical issues that are unique to this case? I haven't been able to follow along very closely and I;m trying to get a grasp of the case.

It is a really interesting wrench in the case if you ask me. If the case goes to court on circumstantial evidence, and this "Frank" guy exists separate from JM, and SO MANY people were saying it was him...it creates some reasonable doubt.

Direct evidence is witness statements, confessions, and if you stretch it, video or audio of the actual crime in progress. Everything else is circumstantial evidence.

Circumstantial evidence is typically much stronger than direct.

Yeah, you're right. So...LE first said they thought the location was a mistake but if she was in a car, the time could be right. I don't see though how they could have gone to Tempos, had "drinks", got in his car and the "lost" in that area in 12 minutes. Besides the time, the location makes sense though.

FWIW, I think "drinks" is kind of a British term that doesn't really require multiples. IIRC I think in this case the term was first used in the UK Daily Mail article.

Lol I have three pairs of rubber gloves on my kitchen table right now...they come with hair coloring kits and they tend to pile up as I hardly ever use them...

Usually those are salon gloves. I buy them to dye my hair, and my Sister in law has a ton too lol.

Geez, I have some boxes of latex gloves hanging around because I don't like touching the toilet when I'm cleaning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member