GUILTY VA - Jean Smith, 25, shot to death, Isle of Wight County, 17 April 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's been removed from the article, but you can still see the cached results and verbiage here:

View attachment 73566

Per the article in the daily press, "Correction: Previous versions of this report incorrectly said Jean Marie Smith was a member of a particular group in the Navy. Earlier reports from the Sheriff's Office also had an incorrect age."

So, this information was incorrect and thus, redacted.

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/22/man-arre...nvestigation-into-former-navy-sailors-murder/

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&&ct=clnk

"The Naval Criminal Investigative Service determined Smith was honorably discharged from the U.S. Navy in 2011. "

I can see how this would get confusing, perhaps the press misconstrued the above statement.

This was the original statement, so it was the sheriff's office that confirmed she was a member of the NCIS. Later retracted.

The Isle of Wight County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that the 29-year-old Hampton woman found dead on Friday was a member of the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/22/man-arre...nvestigation-into-former-navy-sailors-murder/

They also found ammunition and because Eric Saub was a convicted felon he is not allowed to have a gun or ammunition. Sound familiar?
I'll transcribe the news report and repost it so you can see the additional information.

Oh no. From the article:

"Court documents show Hampton Police found three separate credit card statements from three different banks, and a credit report in Saub’s room. All of them were in the name of Mary Halwaka [Jean Marie's grandmother].

Halwaka said she had no idea she’d been ripped off until the detectives made the discovery."

Oh no. From the article:

"Court documents show Hampton Police found three separate credit card statements from three different banks, and a credit report in Saub’s room. All of them were in the name of Mary Halwaka [Jean Marie's grandmother].

Halwaka said she had no idea she’d been ripped off until the detectives made the discovery."
So she found out he was up to no good and threatened to tell? (And again sounding familiar )... JMO

So she found out he was up to no good and threatened to tell? (And again sounding familiar )... JMO

I don't know what to think. The location she was found was not near the house - it was 30 or so miles away. I am assuming she was shot where she was found as it seems like a rural area where people might be used to hearing gunshots by hunters.

I'm thinking she went willingly on the trip - perhaps a hunting or shooting trip together - rather than it being an argument that ended in gunfire. I don't think she would go willingly if she was upset with him or thought he was upset with her. That's not good mood for a safe hunting trip.

I don't think it was an accidental shooting, however.

JMO.

Smith shared the home with her grandmother, Mary Halwalka, and her on-again, off-again boyfriend 29-year-old Eric Saub.

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/17/body-found-in-isle-of-wight-county/

Police say they’re zeroing in on a person of interest. Detectives won’t say who that person is or if that person was a friend of Jean Marie’s. But officials did say they did question someone who was romantically involved with Jean Marie up until a month ago.

Smith shared the home with her grandmother, Mary Halwalka, and her on-again, off-again boyfriend 29-year-old Eric Saub.

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/17/body-found-in-isle-of-wight-county/

Police say they’re zeroing in on a person of interest. Detectives won’t say who that person is or if that person was a friend of Jean Marie’s. But officials did say they did question someone who was romantically involved with Jean Marie up until a month ago.
Those bolded words, as well as:

“She was too open with everybody. She was very open. She trusted people too much,” Halwaka said of her granddaughter.

Unfortunately, may have cost her Jean Marie her life. I feel so bad for her grandmother.

I wonder if she recently met some new people? I suppose some of her long term girlfriends would know if there were new people in her circle. Hopefully, LE is on the right track. I do wonder where she thought she was going when she landed in those woods? I don't think she was necessarily dressed for hunting though- sweats/hoodie. But, it sounds like someone that knows this area and would be familiar with it. Did they want her found quickly by putting her in an area used by hunters?

I wonder if she recently met some new people? I suppose some of her long term girlfriends would know if there were new people in her circle. Hopefully, LE is on the right track. I do wonder where she thought she was going when she landed in those woods? I don't think she was necessarily dressed for hunting though- sweats/hoodie. But, it sounds like someone that knows this area and would be familiar with it. Did they want her found quickly by putting her in an area used by hunters?

She was active on FB.

Good observation about her clothing. You wouldn't wear navy blue on a shooting/hunting outing. :(

Speaker 1: New details tonight in the murder case of Jean Marie Smith, the former Navy Sailor found murdered in Isle of Wright over the weekend.
Speaker 2: As News Channel 3's Nadeen Yanes reports, a man who lived in the house with Jean Marie and her grandmother has been arrested.
Nadeen: Less than 24 hours after Jean Marie Smith was murdered, Isle of Wright deputies and Hampton Police showed up to a home on Patriot Crescent where Jean Marie lived with her grandmother, and this man, 29 year old Eric Sob. Police were there to investigate a murder, but they quickly discovered there's a whole web of crimes committed which led to the arrest of Saub. Through this criminal complaint found in court documents today, News Channel 3 has learned Hampton Police found in Saub's room, three separate credit card statements from three different banks and a credit report, all in the name of Mary Halwalka, Jean Marie's grandmother. On Sunday, Halwalka said she had no idea she'd been ripped off until detectives told her.
Mary: News like this, yeah who expects this kind of news? No, this is something you see on television, you hear about it, it doesn't happen to you, this doesn't happen to you.
Nadeen: She said she couldn't believe she was betrayed by the man she met and trusted through her granddaughter.
Mary: She was too open with everybody, she was very open. She trusted people too much.
Nadeen: Court documents also show police found several pieces of ammunition in Saub's bedroom, and since he's a convicted felon, he was charged for that as well. Saub had his first appearance in court today, he is being held in Jail without bond. Now yesterday Isle of Wright deputies confirmed only to New Channel 3 that they do have a person of interest in Jean Marie's murder, but today police are not saying if that person of interest is Eric Saub. However they did tell us that they know Jean Marie was out of town up until the day before she died. If you saw Jean Marie or who she was with last Wednesday or Thursday, take action against crime and call the crime line. Live in the control room, Nadeen Yanes, News Channel 3.

Black and white by rev.com

IMO could have been conning for years all over [emoji20][emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO could have been conning for years all over [emoji20][emoji35]

I believe you may be right. Not sure if the link is allowed. If you google Eric Saub 21 the first article refers to a Redmond man sentenced to 38 months in 2007 for 'theft after theft'. There is also a mugshot for the arrest in google images which leads to arrest.org

Not sure yet, but I'm sure some SM can piece things together a bit. He must have ended up on the East Coast somehow.

They also found ammunition and because Eric Saub was a convicted felon he is not allowed to have a gun or ammunition. Sound familiar?
I'll transcribe the news report and repost it so you can see the additional information.

I think she was familiar around firearms or at least a little bit by what she shows on her FB page. I wonder if it was her ammo they found in that room. If it's the same, I am sure his lawyer could argue that.

Yeah on her FB page she actually stated she got Lugger ammo for her graduation gift.

She also has a picture of a gun on her FB too.

She mentions here she wants to go shooting.

Bullets for 9mm lugger.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back