VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

Amber Heard's lawyer: 'We're fighting back'

Elaine Bredehoft, another of Amber Heard's lawyers, is now addressing the jury.

She is going to talk about Heard's counterclaim against Johnny Depp.

Depp is suing Heard over her Washington Post article, but Heard is countersuing over statements made by an attorney of Depp's, Adam Waldman, which were quoted in Mail Online articles in 2020.

Ms Bredehoft says this trial has taken six weeks of the jury's time and the court's time "for what? For nothing. Only to go after Amber. That's psychological abuse.

"He's going after Amber for nothing. Because he wants to put her through this again. The third time.

"So we're fighting back. That's the counterclaim. She finally has said 'enough'. And we're asking you to finally hold this man responsible. He has never accepted responsibility for anything in his life...

"We're asking you to make him accept responsibility. To hold him legally responsible for his actions. And to fully and fairly compensate Amber for what he has done by creating this concept of a 'hoax'."

She says this has made Heard's life "pure hell".

"We want to leave Amber alone and let her get on with her life and raise her child."

wHiuNHL.png

Ok, I just tuned in. BC objected to EB:D, paybacks are a b____ch! On another note, I do not like the look on Camille's face, she looks very concerned..MOO
I finally turned it back on, but had to mute EB for the love of all things not cringe.
CV doesn't look concerned to me, she looks disgusted.

Objection by Ben C. to Elain categorizing what Amber would have been entitled to had she not settled their divorce for 7 million as in excess of 34 million.

Sidebar

ETA Camille prompted Ben to object. She is on it, watching EB like a hawk

Amber has her 'Heidi of Green Gables' braid thing going on. I am pretty sure that is a hair extension...
Hilariously, I tried earlier to put my own hair up to escape the heat using a new hair gadget... it was laughably inadequate.

My own natural hair is much thicker than AH's; the braids indicate that hers (fake or real) is sparse enough to twist around into fat ropes. If I want to do any type of updo on my own, I basically need to divvy up the mane into two bundles.
Why are they getting away with it? Should there be objections?
Attorneys try to lodge objections during closing arguments as little as possible.

The underlying idea is, it makes them look petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member