VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not watching or listening to closing arguments. I had CV on for a while but decided that it was too stressful to listen to any more of this trial.

I had to shut it off after just a few minutes of CV's closing. Deep tears started flowing and totally caught me off guard. :(
Is EB still blathering on?

Sky News

'Amber could have chopped it off with an axe and it has nothing to do with whether or not Mr Depp abused her'

Ben Rottenborn moves on to the messages Johnny Depp wrote on mirrors while in Australia in 2015, some with blood from his severed finger.

He says there has been a lot of discussion about how the injury happened but "frankly it's irrelevant" to the jury.

"Amber could have chopped it off with an axe and it has nothing to do with whether or not Mr Depp abused her. But we all know she didn't."

Mr Rottenborn refers to a mirror message which mentions "Billy Bob" and "Easy Amber" in reference to one of Heard's co-stars, Billy Bob T.

"Who was the lunatic in the house?" Mr Rottenborn asks the jury, saying Depp's team tried to claim Heard had written some of the messages.

Later, he refers again to some of the language Depp has used in texts about women and says he doesn't need to read it out again.

"This is the way he thinks about women. Not what you heard on the stand. It's disgusting."

Mr Rottenborn also reminds the jury of messages and recorded audio in which Depp said he had "chopped my finger off", saying the actor acknowledged that he caused the injury.

Fast-forwarding a few weeks, Heard's lawyer says Depp and Heard had an argument when the actress learned he was "having an affair with a woman named Rochelle" that had been going on before they were married and afterwards.

This has been referred to as the "staircase incident". Heard has admitted hitting Depp during this incident, saying: "I punched him square in the face."

But she did so because she was defending herself and her sister, Mr Rottenborn says.

Sky News

'It's time to tell Mr Depp that this was his last chance'

Ben Rottenborn finishes by telling the court that Amber Heard's Washington Post first-person column did not cause Johnny Depp to lose his role in the Pirates Of The Carribbean.

Disney had no records of this op-ed, he tells the court, and that there is no evidence that he was ever going to be rehired for the sixth film in the series.

"Anything he has lost is the result of his own choices," Mr Rottenborn says.

He reminds the jury of Depp's case against The Sun in the UK in 2020, which had "many of the same witnesses" as this one and during which he spent several days in the witness box.

"He's had his chances," Mr Rottenborn says. "Ladies and gentleman, it is time to tell Mr Depp that this was his last chance. Tell him to move on with his life. Tell him to let Amber move on with hers...

"This trial is about so much more than Johnny Depp versus Amber Heard. It's about freedom of speech. Stand up for it. Protect it. And reject Mr Depp's claims against Amber."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24