VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
team Depp per Elaine is physiologically abusing Amber by suggesting they "blame" an abused woman for giving money to charity.

GOOH pfft
Or... "not" giving money to charity, as the case may be.

???!!!

I mean, to some extent we have to keep in mind, theirs was written before they specifically knew that Camille and Ben were going to point out the exact opposite.

They should have guessed; they didn't know.

Sky News

The statements that sparked Amber Heard's counterclaim

Elaine Bredehoft, representing Amber Heard, now says she wants to talk about the counterclaim, over the statements made by Johnny Depp's attorney Adam Waldman, which were quoted in Mail Online articles.

Depp has said he did not know about these until the counterclaim, but Ms Bredehoft says this isn't true - as Mr Waldman testified that Depp had accompanied him to a meeting with the Daily Mail two months before the statements were made, in February 2020.

"He knew that Mr Waldman was doing this... launching a campaign against Amber."

This was an "attack" to try and discredit Heard before Depp's UK libel trial against The Sun newspaper, Ms Bredehoft says.

She now reads the statements out.

The first one says: "Amber Heard and her friends in the media use fake sexual violence allegations as both a sword and shield, depending on their needs.

"They have selected some of her sexual violence hoax 'facts' as the sword, inflicting them on the public and Mr Depp."

Ms Bredehoft says it has been "heart-rending" for Heard to have to detail her allegations of sexual abuse in open court, while on camera.

The second Mail Online article contains quotes from Mr Waldman in which he calls Heard's abuse claims "an ambush" and "a hoax".

Describing an incident in which Heard accused Depp of throwing a phone at her and trashing their apartment in May 2016, Mr Waldman is quoted as saying: "So Amber and her friends spilled a little wine and roughed the place up, got their stories straight under the direction of a lawyer and publicist, and then placed a second call to 911."

It is "heinously false", Ms Bredehoft says, to suggest this was a set-up to get Depp charged for domestic violence. She says evidence has shown that Heard did "everything in her power" not to tell police "who Johnny was, not to press charges".

Elaine is losing the jury. Her argument makes zero sense, Camille's face watching her deliver this tripe is priceless.

Does Johnny's team get to finish after this? Do they get the last word? Please please pleas I hope Camille gets to make short work of Elaine's baloney. I think that is why she is so focused on every word. She' planning her redirect before the jury leaves to deliberate.

Thank goodness, break time, rebuttal will come after this break for lunch. YES!!! YES!! the jurors will get a break from teh AH side droning they will come back fresh after a meal and hear Camille take it on home. At least I hope it's Camille. I think she is most effective before the jury (nothing against Ben) As a female and the most promintent female face of team JD I think it has to be her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member