VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

Content warning: Depp's lawyer says Heard's account of alleged abuse in Australia 'doesn't add up'

Camille Vasquez, Johnny Depp's lawyer, says Amber Heard's team have shown the jury text messages which show the actor apologising to his ex-wife.

However, she says these apologies are not for physical violence but for "heinous slinging insults... the words he used".

Again, Ms Vasquez says there is not a "single photograph" that shows Heard with "serious injuries".

She asks if any injuries that can be seen in photographs of Heard regarding once alleged incident of violence are consistent with the "brutal" attacks the actress has described, or are they more consistent with Depp's testimony - that he was restraining her, "to keep her from attacking him".

Ms Vasquez now moves on to the couple's infamous trip to Australia in 2015, "where Mr Depp sustained the most serious injury from his relationship with Ms Heard".

The lawyer tells the court that Heard has "spun a story of horror" about this - "a three-day ordeal with drug-fuelled Mr Depp violently assaulting her, cutting his own finger off, dragging her through glass, and then bending her back over a counter and raping her with a whiskey bottle".

Ms Vasquez says Heard took no pictures of herself or her alleged injuries after this alleged incident and that medics who were at the scene have testified to say they did not see any injuries on her.

The lawyer tells the court that Heard's testimony about what happened "doesn't add up".

"There was a monster in that house in Australia, but it wasn't Mr Depp. It was Ms Heard's".

She says other than Heard's testimony, "all the evidence you've seen in this trial" shows it was was the actress who attacked Depp, severing his finger.

when Chew described JD has been open and honest about his flaws and addictions EB tried to look stunned by the audacity similar to Ben when AH tells whoppers on teh stand. Only it didn't look genuine. It looked forced and disingenuous.

Sky News

'It was false, it was defamtory and it caused irreparable harm'

Johnny Depp's lawyer Camille Vasquez says it is "disturbing to think that Ms Heard would make up the horrific tales of abuse that she testified to" but that she is a woman "who's willing to say absolutely anything".

Ms Vasquez tells jurors the case doesn't come down to believing either Heard or Depp, but believing Heard or Depp and all the witnesses whose testimonies support his claims about his ex-wife.

"It was an act of profound cruelty - not just to Mr Depp but to true survivors of domestic abuse - for Ms Heard to hold herself out as a public figure representing domestic abuse," she says. "It was false, it was defamatory and it caused irreparable harm."

I agree with this. I feel that she’s not a good person, but I don’t wish harm on her. I hope she’s able to find some sort of emotional peace and raises her child decently. Ideally out of the public eye forever.
About raising her daughter well. She can’t. She’s a narcissist. I wonder about the surrogate, is she watching this and wanting to now raise her child herself?

AH writing.....why?
IKR... like she thinks someone is going to think Rotten is going to write new portions of her closing argument in 10 minutes, lol.

It's one of those cheap trial tricks attorneys are taught in law school, IMO; specifically so that they can't see her betraying facial expressions. It's like body language busywork.
It must be hard for Johnny to hear this summary of his life with her.
Indeed... he's been doing some visible and extreme deep breathing; but I think he's proud of Camille.

when Chew described JD has been open and honest about his flaws and addictions EB tried to look stunned by the audacity similar to Ben when AH tells whoppers on teh stand. Only it didn't look genuine. It looked forced and disingenuous.
LOL, EB also had a go at acting outraged and rolling her eyes, as a result of Judge Penny's response to their objections (!) when JD was last on the stand... it wasn't a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member