DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How do you feel the jury will decide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They may be thinking the title didn’t implicate Johnny or that she was a victim specifically but rather generally she spoke out against violence- if they can’t take it as a whole? Which they may believe makes it a true statement taken alone?
I hope not

They may be thinking the title didn’t implicate Johnny or that she was a victim specifically but rather generally she spoke out against violence- if they can’t take it as a whole? Which they may believe makes it a true statement taken alone?
I hope not

I think this violates his rights if the entire statement is not valid for review for evidence, especially as she named him as the target of the op-ed in her verbal testimony.

I think the implications are fairly signficant - for AH on this.

I think it implies perjury.

now appears set to seek solace in a home valued at $1 million in California’s Yucca Valley, near Joshua Tree National Park.

Heard, 36, purchased the three-bedroom, three-bathroom desert oasis in 2019 for only $570,000 at the time under a private trust in the name of her accountant, according to property records seen by The Post.

But it appears she didn’t actually move into the home, which was built in 2015, until earlier this year, Dirt reported.

The home spans over 2,400 square feet and the property stretches over nearly six acres of desert land.

I would love it if they had a verdict today but I feel that it will probably be another day or so. However it turns out, he will still have many fans and admirers. Me for one.

I was on a jury some years ago, it was a good experience. Learned a few things too.

now appears set to seek solace in a home valued at $1 million in California’s Yucca Valley, near Joshua Tree National Park.

Heard, 36, purchased the three-bedroom, three-bathroom desert oasis in 2019 for only $570,000 at the time under a private trust in the name of her accountant, according to property records seen by The Post.

But it appears she didn’t actually move into the home, which was built in 2015, until earlier this year, Dirt reported.

The home spans over 2,400 square feet and the property stretches over nearly six acres of desert land.
Well to each their own...that looks hot...hot...hot and not a pool in sight. In those photos she looks just like her sister. Somehow I don't think she will be spending much time out in the desert.

JURY QUESTION - Basically the jury is asking do they consider just the op-ed headline: " I spoke up against sexual violence — and faced our culture’s wrath. That has to change." OR what's in the body of the op-ed. SEE Page 1 of verdict form in attached pic.

View attachment 347152

It’s on record that is it is about JD, so there shouldn’t be any confusion on the A questions.

Question B gets a little tricky. What would define ‘actual malice’? That can be subjective? I would say yes because her actions prove she was out to hurt him.

Yucca Valley is a hellhole in summer. Really unbearable. Even with AC. I surmise she also must have an apartment closer to LA for work and the summers. On a good day, it's a 2.5 hour drive into central LA from that region.

And that site, with a wash right next to it is full-on coyote, rattlesnake and scorpion territory. Not a place to leave your bedroom doors open at night to let the cooler night air in. I wouldn't be all that comfortable with a toddler or small child unsupervised there. Also doesn't appear to have a perimeter fence or a gate. Looks to have a privacy fence, maybe. No pool or water features. I would want full fencing, a gate, and at least some water feature there.

Yucca Valley has a reputation of being a druggie and low-life hangout, but due to the influx of cash-wealthly young LA types looking for their minimalist or mid-century modern Joshua Tree moments, rather than gated golf-course second homes, it has had a stunning number of 1$million + homes built.

Real estate values are up almost 47%, with the higher numbers trending to have the Joshua Tree zip codes.

Last edited:
It’s on record that is it is about JD, so there shouldn’t be any confusion on the A questions.

Question B gets a little tricky. What would define ‘actual malice’? That can be subjective? I would say yes because her actions prove she was out to hurt him.
Malice is defined in the jury instructions as lying and knowing you are lying OR being so reckless, you don't care if you're lying.

I think it's both on her part. She knows she's lying. When did she ever "speak out" against "sexual violence" and "face wrath" for it? What proof did she have that this happened? What proof does she have that she spoke out against domestic abuse and it happened?

What happened was -- she accused JD of hitting her in the face with a phone. She accused JD via People magazine of yanking all her hair out and headbutting her. Did she face the public's wrath when she did that? NO! He did.

Last edited:
FAIRFAX, Va. – After a six-week trial, a civil jury in Virginia is deliberating defamation claims by Johnny Depp and his ex-wife Amber Heard. The trial has featured lurid testimony with explicit details about the movie stars' short and volatile marriage. But what is the case really about? And what will the jury need to decide?...

Well to each their own...that looks hot...hot...hot and not a pool in sight. In those photos she looks just like her sister. Somehow I don't think she will be spending much time out in the desert.

I personally don’t care for it for a primary home. It looks like an oversized hunting lodge which is fine for a second or third property.

I think it's a very positive thing that the jury is asking for this clarification. It suggests that they've completely engaged with not just the task in hand but with everything they've had to listen to and take into account over the course of this trial.

The title of the op-ed cannot be judged in isolation and it's very strange to me that the judge suggested it could/should be.

Last edited:
Malice is defined in the jury instructions as lying and knowing you are lying OR being so reckless, you don't care if you're lying.

I think it's both on her part. She knows she's lying. When did she ever "speak out" against "sexual violence" and "face wrath" for it? What proof did she have that this happened? What proof does she have that she spoke out against domestic abuse and it happened?

What happened was -- she accused JD of hitting her in the face with a phone. She accused JD via People magazine of yanking all her hair out and headbutting her. Did she face the public's wrath when she did that? NO! He did.

Thanks for explaining that! I skipped over a lot on the forms because I can easily get weighed down with it.

The lying part couldn’t be any easier for the jury if they paid attention. That was proven by witnesses and the jury witnessed it in person. If she wouldn’t have lied so much while testifying the jurors might have missed some of it.

She did herself a great disservice by the way she acted and how she answered the questions. Her snark was clearly obvious.

Johnny Depp has been camped out at the Ritz-Carlton in Virginia during his marathon defamation trial against ex-wife Amber Heard, recuperating from his daily courtroom grind with chicken Parmigiana dinners and red wine, sources told Fox News Digital.

The veteran thespian and his entourage routinely drop $1,000 a night on fine wines and have opted for the $35 chicken Parmigiana entrée as their default dish, according to another source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper