VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

Heard's acting career

Amber Heard says she found herself "negotiating" her career with Johnny Depp during their relationship.

The actress tells the court: "I've always been really independent. I couldn't imagine not working... I never imagined myself having to explain, or justify my job... I had to bargain... every time I got a script."

She says when she first arrived to LA she was in the habit of sending back half her paycheck to support her family, and so her independence was very important to her.

She says Depp would tell her: "You don't have to work kid, I will take care of you, my woman doesn't have to work."

While she says this could sound kind or affectionate, she believes it felt more like controlling behaviour. She says she soon began double-guessing her roles so as not to displease Depp, questioning herself over "how I was dressing, what kind of behaviour would I have, did I have a sex scene [in the role]".

Heard goes on to say she began "minimising kissing scenes" and would also "change the wardrobe". She goes on to say "I couldn't have a sex scene". She goes on: "It didn't happen all at once of course, it was little by little."

Heard says soon she would only take on parts that required "minimal make up" and didn't have romantic scenes. She describes it as a "contestant battle and negotiation" with Depp.

Describing any love scenes in scripts for work she was offered, she says: "I'd look at it and I'd feel my gut tighten" She says she would send him the scripts, and photos of the wardrobe fittings. and share details with his team too.

ie Running out of time for the hard stop before Memorial Day. The 10am start seemed a real luxury in such a slow moving trial with 4 day work week.

plus setting aside Friday for court business… they might need it.

does she mean they have to be done deliberating then, though? Or just that the legal teams have to rest?

Sky News

'I felt like the luckiest woman in the world'

Amber Heard is describing the moment Johnny Depp proposed to her. She says it happened on a press trip to London.

Getting emotional, Heard says Depp went down on one knee and told her: "I want you to be my woman, my girl for the rest of my life. Say yes to me."

She says initially she was worried as she knew Depp could be "impulsive" but she realised it was real. She goes on: "He promised me that every day when I would woke up, he would make me smile at least once and that would be his goal."

She says: "I looked into his eyes and I saw my future. I had blind hope, I was so in love. I can't describe that kind of joy I was feeling. I felt like the luckiest woman in the world".

In watching this her drama is topped only by the nonstop whispering at Depp's table. Chew and JD like school kids. Usually they write notes if some portion of the testimony catches their attention. JD staring down in the tinted glasses and both laughing and eating...well just not good optics for a jury...at least most juries. Unfortunately the channel I am watching puts camera on JD more than AH.

“I don’t think they need to be repeated here” = “my attorneys/PR team told me I’m coming off just the way I actually am IRL - as a mega-unladylike potty-mouth… Besides, this way the jury can infer the most unrepeatable insults.”

quoting myself now, Depp’s team should try to get that “Overhaulin’” episode about her ‘stolen’ Mustang entered into evidence somehow.

Then they’ll hear true peak AH in casual conversation.

Sky News

Heard says Depp had to be 'carried in like a baby' after drinking and taking drugs

We move on to a period in late 2014, when Johnny Depp was filming Mortdecai in London, alongside his friend and fellow actor Paul Bettany.

Amber Heard says Depp missed "a few days of work" during this time, staying in bed after being up all night drinking. She says: "In our line of work you don't miss work. It's millions of dollars every day you're filming. I hadn't previously met someone who could control the set like that."

She says one day Depp "didn't come home" and says this was because he had been drinking and taking drugs in a hotel room with Bettany. She say when he finally came home, he had to be physically brought into the house. She tells the court: "One of the security carried Johnny in like a baby". She says she watched it with her own eyes, along with the other security guards and assistants watching who she says "were shaking their heads," and says she thought "this has got to be it". she says he was sick "for at least two days" after this.

Last edited:
In watching this her drama is topped only by the nonstop whispering at Depp's table. Chew and JD like school kids. Usually they write notes if some portion of the testimony catches their attention. JD staring down in the tinted glasses and both laughing and eating...well just not good optics for a jury...at least most juries. Unfortunately the channel I am watching puts camera on JD more than AH.
Law and crime have it on split screen.

plus setting aside Friday for court business… they might need it.

does she mean they have to be done deliberating then, though? Or just that the legal teams have to rest?
I was wondering that too but I definitely got the impression case over prior to Memorial Weekend and this judge was really clear...I thought it odd but a case takes what it does and with the short week and late start etc. but be interested is seeing. Clearly there will be rebuttal...probably long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper