VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughes explains that she regularly deals with same sex couples where males commit partner violence upon males, and females who have abused female intimate partners.

JD counsel on cross is highlighting how all her testimony yesterday seems to indicate it is her opinion that females do not commit partner violence on males unless it is reactive abuse in response to their male abuser.

Now he is grilling her being a professional witness.

This is already starting out hostile. JD team has taken the gloves off.

Hughes explains that she regularly deals with same sex couples where males commit partner violence upon males, and females who have abused female intimate partners.

JD counsel on cross is highlighting how all her testimony yesterday seems to indicate it is her opinion that females do not commit partner violence on males unless it is reactive abuse in response to their male abuser.

Now he is grilling her being a professional witness.

This is already starting out hostile. JD team has taken the gloves off.

Yeah, IMO he should have continued to say/query "So, you in fact have zero experience evaluating domestic violence amongst male/female couples and deciding that the male was in fact the abused party, don't you?"

IIRC he left it up to the jury to make that inference; and I'm not comfortable with people assuming that with the smaller civil juror panel, lol.

ETA: I take it back, so far he's doing a great job.

Now, if he continues on to make certain that the jurors know she never spoke directly to JD to get his side of anything, I'll be happy.

Last edited:
I don't get it. Amber Heard is clearly a beautiful woman....the strategy is to make her look dowdy which today is really obvious. I think a happy medium would be the right approach...the look today with that disheveled hair with everyone knowing she has multiple people that dress and do her hair and makeup looks silly and desperate.

I don't get it. Amber Heard is clearly a beautiful woman....the strategy is to make her look dowdy which today is really obvious. I think a happy medium would be the right approach...the look today with that disheveled hair with everyone knowing she has multiple people that dress and do her hair and makeup looks silly and desperate.

And if we (viewing on video) can see this, the jury can see this also. Fail on the team or the PR dude who suggested this.

I suspect the new PR team is responsible for today's "softened" hairstyle.

Plus, it gives her an excuse/possibility to use it to veil with; either to pretend she's scared to have JD look at her, or to keep the telephoto-lens man from capturing her accurately.

As for this testimony, in the land of “he said/she said”, only having an idea about “what she said he said”, is a big discrepancy, IMO.

“Dr. Cowan is treating [Ms. Heard’s] symptoms”, lol… in what universe do mental health professionals have zero interest in the causes of said symptoms? IME, they “treat” for them, while they are exploring the underlying causes.

IMO, Momma Paige, if she had lived, would have benefitted from the same $$ pecuniary benefit that the rest of the Heard family benefits from – namely, the $15MM divorce settlement.

Paige also said to her son-in-law, via texts in evidence, “Don’t tell Amber that I am talking to you about [what the lawyers told her to do/anything].”

Also Amber to Paige:

Amber Heard Tells Mom To “Never Make Eye Contact” With The Press At TIFF

Amber Heard walked the Toronto International Film Festival red carpet with her husband, Johnny Depp, last night for the world premiere of Depp's Whitey Bulger biopic Black Mass. Making headlines today? Heard's snippy statement to her mother about how she should interact with the press on the bustling red carpet.

In the video above, filmed by KISS 92.5, Heard’s mother makes the mistake of identifying herself while walking the red carpet at the Elgin and Winter Garden Theatre in Toronto with the recently married couple. "I'm her mom—Amber's," she says. Then, Heard appears and quickly sweeps her mother away from the cameraman forcefully telling her to "never make eye contact" with the press before disappearing from the frame.

I thought the same since, if I recall correctly, there was testimony that AH never leaves the bathroom in the AM without makeup on.

I personally don’t like expert witnesses being defensive when challenged
I prefer calm and steady

my thoughts and view

Exactly my take.
The witness comes off with attitude, snob like, downward are the corners of her mouth. Talks fast & talks down to the questioning attorney coupled with answering sentences that end with a singy song questioning-sound.
When she does admit to prosecution stating facts …she says “CORRECT” like delivering a fly swat. Lol.
Another annoying Narc is my conclusion.
They always find each other IMO.

"softened" is being very kind!! But yes new PR team has resulted in this new "vulnerable" look....too obvious. Had this started from the beginning might have had some subtle impact but not anymore.

Today she has returned to her direct head-on, lip-pouting, sad-faced, gaze directly into the CourtTV camera... I kid you not, she must be staring right at the red light; and I will continue to believe that she knows she's staring into the red light, because film/video cameras have red lights that AFAIK can't be turned off, which I learned through an associate's degree in radio and television broadcasting.

And if I learned it in a community college education program, you can be certain a Hollywood actress, one of the people cautioned "never to look directly into the camera" on films because it is a glaring omission that breaks the fourth wall (think Kevin Spacey's monologues in Netflix' House of Cards, which are done intentionally with irony and are the infrequent exception), then surely she knows when she's staring right into a camera.

"softened" is being very kind!! But yes new PR team has resulted in this new "vulnerable" look....too obvious. Had this started from the beginning might have had some subtle impact but not anymore.
HIDING comes to my mind.
Shirt button high….A Vest….A Jacket.
Hair covering half her face( side to JD)

Copying Johnny..yet hiding from Johnny?!

MOO

AH reactions to the gallery (someone in particular she knows?) right after the expert witness says ‘there’s context’ to counsel getting witness to admit that AH gave JD a knife with ‘until death’ inscribed upon it; I’d call those ‘smug smirks’…

Smirks also seem to be screamingly and directly at variance with her claiming that at any point she was actually afraid of JD killing her… I’m telling you, she just can’t help herself. Dupers delight all around…

Attachments

• C306ED82-334A-4416-B80D-4190B34FCECD.jpeg
    C306ED82-334A-4416-B80D-4190B34FCECD.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 83917677-0F22-4823-AC30-829F8ED16CFB.jpeg
    83917677-0F22-4823-AC30-829F8ED16CFB.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 46
All questions asked in CTS2 are prefaced with what happened in the past year

Nothing happened in 2019 correct?

H: correct, but she was prefaced to that time.

So, how is this test evaluated correctly if not answered correctly?

HIDING comes to my mind.
Shirt button high….A Vest….A Jacket.
Hair covering half her face( side to JD)

Copying Johnny..yet hiding from Johnny?!

MOO

IMO she’s hiding because ‘the hair side’ is turned to the gallery, and specifically turned to the bench where Mr. Telephoto has sat the last two days, in order to get close-up pictures of her arguing with betraying grimaces at her own counsel.

it could also be JD, but 1, that won’t help her on the stand; and 2, with the exception of the occasional quick glance in her random direction during his direct examination, wherein he was saying ‘Ms. Heard’, imo he’s done a remarkably successful job of not looking directly at her at all.

Dr. H administered the CAPS 5 test the end of December 2021 which I believe was after Dr. C administered it earlier in the month. If that is so, it makes me wonder Dr. H's motives for administering the test since she did not deem it necessary between Sept. 2019, when she first evaluated AH up until Dec 2021 when Dr. C began her eval.

ETA: Dr. H was asked after break if she administered the CAPS 5 because Dr. C did earlier in the month. She denied having knowledge of Dr. C's findings until Feb. So was that just a coincidence she all of a sudden decided to administer the test a week or so after Dr. C did? Hard for me to believe imho.

Last edited:
Just watching some of the testimony of AH's psychologist. Everything that she brings up IMO is the worst possible for JD and AH is a saint only suffering maladies inflicted upon her. AH recorded a lot but nothing where she's being attacked physically/sexually and the doctor describes several alleged instances quite graphically. The psychologist also noted that JD would leave periodically during an argument and then return to continue the abuse. So why didn't AH turn on that recorder, especially if those episodes were predictable? They're seriously over-killing their case by making it so unbelievable.
Concerning Hughes
Fact: she has never testified for a DV man victim in a heterosexual relationship.
Lol she just will not own that!
She comes off bias & combative.

MOO

When lawyer made a mistake reading one of these tests, she corrected him. He then said yes, you are correct. Then she slyly says “I know I am correct” I guess it was the way she said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member