VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't pick up the new ticket until you check in at the airport. You don't get it ahead of time.

Depends if you do online check in. I've had ones where I just printed it off after checking in, and most recently, it was just a QR scannable thing that saved to my keychain on my iPhone.

You don't pick up the new ticket until you check in at the airport. You don't get it ahead of time.

Every trip I've taken recently using Southwest Airlines has allowed me to print out my boarding pass from home and also download a copy of it via QR code to my cellphone, and I always do so. I don't know about other airlines.

ETA: Didn't see, but Dogface already posted much the same thing :)

One more thing: I noticed that on both of Katelin's Facebook pages, new friends have been added each day since she went missing. Who is accepting these new friend requests?

ADMIN NOTE: No "verified insiders" are posting in Katelin's thread at this time.

Mods don't like to remove posts, especially those from new members. So please observe the rules, and don't ask questions which can't be answered. You place the other person in an uncomfortable position by doing so.

Also, all members are expected to know the rules (and I know many of you do). New members should take time to review them, particularly this thread:

Rules: Etiquette & Information

:tyou:

Let me say this a different way. I'm surprised, based on media accounts of the contents of the "luggage," that those details about the contents have been commented on by people outside of LE. I don't understand why LE would divulge those details...unless a private citizen found the luggage as opposed to LE having found it. So, did LE find the luggage or did a citizen?

Found a link: "However, Pearce says, Akens never arrived at her destination. On Monday, her luggage was found by road workers along the side of a road in Spotsylvania, near the Fredericksburg city limit - apparently dumped there." http://www.cbsnews.com/news/teens-luggage-found-ditched-after-she-vanished-on-way-to-airport/

Wow. I hate hearing Stepfather drove her and luggage found in drainage ditch. I hope this isn't going where my jaded mind went.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quick question. Has stepdad been cleared. Is he a poi. Just asking now. Tia.

Okay it says mom dropped her of at stepdads house so he can take her to the airport. So I guess they may not live together. Idk.

Anyways. Your job is to take your 19 year old to the airport. But you supposedly drop her off at a mall with luggage and she is suppose to fend for herself after that?

Ok. Now all the items that one needs on them is in the luggage? OK. It sounds like a Wesley Hadsell type of situation here. Jmo.

Okay it says mom dropped her of at stepdads house so he can take her to the airport. So I guess they may not live together. Idk.

Anyways. Your job is to take your 19 year old to the airport. But you supposedly drop her off at a mall with luggage and she is suppose to fend for herself after that?

Ok. Now all the items that one needs on them is in the luggage? OK. It sounds like a Wesley Hadsell type of situation here. Jmo.

Yes, it does sound like a Wesley kind of scenario. Especially if you add in the texts to Mom, saying you made it to the airport. :mad:

I'm reading backwards so maybe this is answered, but did he drop her off at a shopping center kind of mall, or the national mall in DC? There is a metro station there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Mall

eta: Reading backwards doesn't work for me any better than reading ahead does.

I'm reading backwards so maybe this is answered, but did he drop her off at a shopping center kind of mall, or the national mall in DC? There is a metro station there.

Lisa Sullivan, Katelin’s mother, says she dropped her daughter off at her stepdad’s home in Spotsylvania County on Saturday so he could take her to the airport to catch a flight to Arizona. Sullivan said the teen’s stepdad told her that Akens decided she wanted to go to Springfield Town Center first. She then planned to take the Franconia-Springfield metro to Reagan National Airport.

According to Captain Jeff Pearce with the Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office, authorities have been able to corroborate that Akens’ stepfather’s car was in the area of the mall that day, though there is no surveillance video of Katelin or her stepdad at Springfield Town Center. Captain Pearce says cameras were not covering the area of the mall that the stepfather says he left Katelin. He would not elaborate on how investigators confirmed the car was there.

http://wric.com/2015/12/10/new-developments-in-case-of-19-year-old-missing-from-spotsylvania/

A shopping center-style mall, the Springfield Mall. It is about a half mile away from the blue line, which goes directly to Reagan National Airport.

But you are right, there's a metro station at the national mall too.

One more thing: I noticed that on both of Katelin's Facebook pages, new friends have been added each day since she went missing. Who is accepting these new friend requests?

This comes up often in many threads here. Basically what you are seeing is people accepting friend requests that have been pending or existing for quite some time now. So it shows as a new add once someone accepts Katelin's old request.

They verified his car was in the area. But not her nor anything else he said could be verified. So was her phone not pinging in the area with his. Idk. They truly dont say too much in regards to him being 100% cleared. Jmo

I dunno, I am conflicted. The information is so unclear about the trip to the towncenter /mall and the video no video thing. The reported information came from LE ,and then they deny it so I think until I see some LE lips moving on film I am going to refrain on forming any opinion ,other then the opinion the Katelin did not run off on her own. Her family today was very confident that did not happen. . I don't even think I can trust the printed versions of the LE quotes.

I stopped by the Help save the Next girl event today and grabbed a flier. I know LE showed up ,Kenny Jarrels posted some photo's on facebook.

Wow. She texted that she made it to the airport. Just wow.

Akens' mom said her 19-year-old daughter was dropped off at Springfield Mall Saturday morning to catch a ride to the airport. She planned to take the Franconia-Springfield Metro to Reagan National Airport.

"She texted and said she made it there, but we don't know if that's true," Lisa Sullivan said.

The family has learned Akens never got on her flight and she has not yet been in contact with any family members.

"She and I text all day and if she doesn't hear from me, she'll blow up my phone if I don't answer her," Sullivan said.

http://wtvr.com/2015/12/07/luggage-...ld-be-key-clue-in-19-year-olds-disappearance/

Lisa Sullivan, Katelin’s mother, says she dropped her daughter off at her stepdad’s home in Spotsylvania County on Saturday so he could take her to the airport to catch a flight to Arizona. Sullivan said the teen’s stepdad told her that Akens decided she wanted to go to Springfield Town Center first. She then planned to take the Franconia-Springfield metro to Reagan National Airport.

According to Captain Jeff Pearce with the Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office, authorities have been able to corroborate that Akens’ stepfather’s car was in the area of the mall that day, though there is no surveillance video of Katelin or her stepdad at Springfield Town Center. Captain Pearce says cameras were not covering the area of the mall that the stepfather says he left Katelin. He would not elaborate on how investigators confirmed the car was there.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member