VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No such thing as TMI, CarolinaMoon! Thank you.

After posting and correcting twice, I've looked at the map posted earlier. I blew it way up to see the street names in the area. River Road, east of Rt. 1 travels from William Street west, under Rt. 1 and ends.

Riverside appears to be it's name on the other side of the river and is not directly connected! No wonder I'm confused! LOL! I've been here, in the Falmouth area for over 15 years and it still is confusing!

Thanks CarolinaMoon! My husband's family is in Fredericksburg so I'm a bit familiar with the area. I know where River Road is and how to get there, but, not well enough to be able to explain it. You did a great job.

I wonder what was 'scattered across' means? That is a new wrinkle for me. Maybe the bag was not closed all the way? To me that would mean it was thrown from a moving vehicle and some items flew out. IMO
I wonder what kind of luggage. Was it a hard one that popped open or was it all zippers that someone might have gone thru after it was put there?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

And a photo of a persons vehicles does not say who was actually inside or not inside. I am positive LE knows that! jmo

I don't recall a photo being confirmed in this case, just that they have knowledge that the SD's car was "in the area" of the mall.

After posting and correcting twice, I've looked at the map posted earlier. I blew it way up to see the street names in the area. River Road, east of Rt. 1 travels from William Street west, under Rt. 1 and ends.

Riverside appears to be it's name on the other side of the river and is not directly connected! No wonder I'm confused! LOL! I've been here, in the Falmouth area for over 15 years and it still is confusing!

I just think of it as headed to Motts Run. The point of entry is very close to Wegman's, and the inside end of Central Park. Indeed, the map seem to show the dump site as very close to the Motts Run area. I hope they've done searching around the Motts Run trails.

I don't think anything was ever determined by anyone. All thier has been is conflicting reports that never really made sense. Nevertheless, unless LE makes a statement that SD is a POI, then KA was dropped at the mall on that Saturday.

The only thing that has been determined is that the Captain feels that KA's luggage on the roadside is what he called "suspicious", and that he has seen "something" before, and believes KA dissapeared on her own accord.

That said, whether true or not, the chances that SD would be a POI are Pertty slim.

"Put your pitch forks away, and dampen your torches".

And each of us are entitled to our own opinion. "Right now, police cannot confirm whether Katelin was at the mall or if she even left Spotsylvania. Authorities have also not yet said that the stepfather himself was at the mall, just that his car was in the area."

"Akens’ stepfather is still being interviewed by police." http://wric.com/2015/12/10/new-developments-in-case-of-19-year-old-missing-from-spotsylvania/

He has not been named a POI or suspect but he has not been ruled out either.

I think Ibiz was just giving us a chuckle moment on the pitch fork and dampen torches part. Lol

I wonder what was 'scattered across' means? That is a new wrinkle for me. Maybe the bag was not closed all the way? To me that would mean it was thrown from a moving vehicle and some items flew out. IMO

I am pretty sure that I read in other places that the luggage was closed. This is the only source that ever used the word "scattered". I think it's another case of misreporting.

Again, to our WS Locals:

:gthanks: :tyou:

Your perspectives and input are invaluable and beyond appreciated! Every little bit helps shine the light of truth a little brighter JMO....

:grouphug:

:candle:

#FindKatelin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know its unlikely but maybe (if the luggage was found on the rt the SD would of taken) Katelin accidentally left the luggage on top of the car when they took off and just didn't notice it missing?

I know its unlikely but maybe (if the luggage was found on the rt the SD would of taken) Katelin accidentally left the luggage on top of the car when they took off and just didn't notice it missing?

Doesn't quite fit with the narrative, especially with regard to the texts.

Here's the map I put together a while ago. The spot for where the suitcase was found is believed to be accurate. That info came from http://wtvr.com/2015/12/07/luggage-...ld-be-key-clue-in-19-year-olds-disappearance/ and was verified by a local. I've marked the town where the SD lives, but don't have an actual address.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2VLvG6QAl8U.kpkgKIYWcTLo&usp=sharing

Thanks for the map. This is interesting. The stepfather actually lives much farther from where the luggage was found than I thought. That challenges my original hunch that he had something to do with it. If I lived in Partlow I might grocery shop in Spotsylvania unless there is a Food Lion store closer, like Ladysmith. If I was going to shop for other items, I might be just as likely to shop outside Richmond at Short Pump rather than go towards DC. In other words I would probably be more familiar with the areas north of Richmond, but again that's just me. I believe whoever tossed the luggage is local or familiar with the Spotsylvania area. (Of course, we don't know where he works or has lived in the past.)

And each of us are entitled to our own opinion. "Right now, police cannot confirm whether Katelin was at the mall or if she even left Spotsylvania. Authorities have also not yet said that the stepfather himself was at the mall, just that his car was in the area."

"Akens’ stepfather is still being interviewed by police." http://wric.com/2015/12/10/new-developments-in-case-of-19-year-old-missing-from-spotsylvania/

He has not been named a POI or suspect but he has not been ruled out either.

These comments by LE say a great deal to me.

Sounded to me like last regular/normal text was at 12:30 VA time, then strange text at 2:00. Nic<3, any chance you could clear this up for us please?

Yes, this is what Amber has told me, and she also wrote it in the Find Katelin FB group.

I wonder what kind of luggage. Was it a hard one that popped open or was it all zippers that someone might have gone thru after it was put there?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I think it was a rolling tote with zippers.

Ok, so we have a normal text at 12:30 and bam nothing! Do we know if amber immediately tried calling right away? Or did she just accept that there was a change in plans and figure Katelin would simply call when she figured it out?

Ok, so we have a normal text at 2:00 and bam nothing! Do we know if amber immediately tried calling right away? Or did she just accept that there was a change in plans and figure Katelin would simply call when she figured it out?

Last "normal" text correspondence was 12:30.

nic Sorry corrected time [emoji6 said:
! So after that did amber try calling her immediately or did she assume Katelin would just contact her when she had more details?

Has there been any mention of Katelins biological father? Is he in the picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members