VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. It could just be insulting to people in that field. I would think that if it's important to them, it could be a stressor. If you're invested in something, it's going to matter how well you do. Right?

Right,everything can be a stressor in life.That is why I made sure no disrespect was coming out my initial post,or at least I tried to make sure of that.

In MOO,the school was not her problem.Maybe things going on at home,maybe those concerning her fiancee.We don't know.
Hope she is all right.

Exactly my point,Steleheart.I know a lot of 19 years old girls who are no longer "little girls" but full grown adults,as I said in my post before.I just do not think this is the case here.It is just my opinion,but I do not think KA was used to making too many decisions or choices on her own.This is not good or bad,right or wrong.Just a thought.
And again,I think you are right.This could be her first Big One.Decision,Choice,whatever.Just hope it is a good one and no harm came to her.I just think she should have started small,if it is a voluntary decision.

And with all due respect,Marine and Cosmetology...let's keep them apart.We are talking about two very very different things and nobody can compare them when we are talking about emotions involved.Of course different people act and feel different ways regarding their carrer,but again,there is no comparison here to be made.

I fail to see any reason why a marine can't be a cosmetologist. Many of our serving men and women in the armed forces are reservists who have full time careers. Why must Cosmetology be kept separate?

I fail to see any reason why a marine can't be a cosmetologist. Many of our serving men and women in the armed forces are reservists who have full time careers. Why must Cosmetology be kept separate?

A marine can be whatever he/she desires to be.All their life,these people will remain Marines,no matter what they do afterwards.Not cosmetologists.If you cannoot see the difference it does not mean it is not there.
Just my opinion.

I tried to get something out of them, but they're really tight-lipped about the case. Pretty much every question was answered with, and I'm paraprasing: "because this is an ongoing investigation we're unable to comment on that."

Good to see you back and trying to get some answers.

I go back and forth on voluntary missing versus involuntary. :fence:

Gotta continue feeling positive until proven otherwise.

I tried to get something out of them, but they're really tight-lipped about the case. Pretty much every question was answered with, and I'm paraprasing: "because this is an ongoing investigation we're unable to comment on that."

Thanks for trying. I still check for news on Kaitlin on her missing page and here. Glad to see the news article. I do not believe she is missing voluntarily although if she did take off that would mean she is most likely alive...always hoping she will be found.

Imma say something I've been wanting to say for awhile. Maybe she's on camera and they think she's a he. There I said it flame me if you want. I mistake girls for boys and vice versa all the time.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Imma say something I've been wanting to say for awhile. Maybe she's on camera and they think she's a he. There I said it flame me if you want. I mistake girls for boys and vice versa all the time.

I'm not going to flame you. But wouldn't they be looking for a female with short hair? Also, she seems pretty curvy, you know? She doesn't really have a "boyish" figure from what I can tell.

I'm not going to flame you. But wouldn't they be looking for a female with short hair? Also, she seems pretty curvy, you know? She doesn't really have a "boyish" figure from what I can tell.
Well its was winter and before a flight she's wasn't wearing daisy dukes and a crop top. She was wearing a hoodie which hides curves and clevage. I've seen pictures of her wearing skinny jeans both boys and girls wear these. Her hair is not just short but super short. If it was summer I wouldn't even mention it.

Well its was winter and before a flight she's wasn't wearing daisy dukes and a crop top. She was wearing a hoodie which hides curves and clevage. I've seen pictures of her wearing skinny jeans both boys and girls wear these. Her hair is not just short but super short. If it was summer I wouldn't even mention it.

True! All good points. I think it's a possibility that they missed her.

I would think that whomever was doing the search of the video surveillance would have had a description of the clothes she was reportedly wearing as well as her description. I would think they would look at anyone in a hoodie, male or female to rule her out. JMO

"We have absolutely no indication at this point if anything happened, and if it did, what or where it happened," Pearce told HuffPost.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/katelin-akens-missing_us_56c78012e4b041136f16f6b7

Her luggage is found dumped and she's disappeared. How can they say "we have absolutely no indication at this point anything happened"???? She has no history of this sort of thing from what I've read. LE's comments make me worry that they aren't considering this to be a case of foul play and are more or less writing it off as a voluntary missing person.

"We have absolutely no indication at this point if anything happened, and if it did, what or where it happened," Pearce told HuffPost.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/katelin-akens-missing_us_56c78012e4b041136f16f6b7

Her luggage is found dumped and she's disappeared. How can they say "we have absolutely no indication at this point anything happened"???? She has no history of this sort of thing from what I've read. LE's comments make me worry that they aren't considering this to be a case of foul play and are more or less writing it off as a voluntary missing person.
I know I'm concerned, too. I know that many people have emailed with LE and have been told that it's an active investigation. But wouldn't we have heard about any searches? Why aren't they searching? I feel like she could be out there. :(

I would hope after reviewing camera footage and not seeing Katelin "as she was last seen" (short blonde hair, hoodie, etc) that they would go back through and take a closer look at anyone, male or female, that is around her shape and size.

Clothes can be changed. Hair can be dyed or wigs could be worn (whether this would be voluntary or involuntary is unknown).

I know I'm concerned, too. I know that many people have emailed with LE and have been told that it's an active investigation. But wouldn't we have heard about any searches? Why aren't they searching? I feel like she could be out there. :(

JMO, but I don't think they have enough evidence to search where they need to, iykwim....

"There was supposed to be a ground search scheduled that was postponed or canceled?

http://m.nbc12.com/nbc12/pm_/content...id=od:eek:Zdyuv93"

I believe that particular search was called off by LE because the area that was going to be searched (near where Katelin's luggage was found) had already been searched by LE so LE felt that there was no reason for it to be searched again.... and also because the road is narrow there and LE was concerned that if there was traffic backed up and if there were a lot of people there-- someone might end up getting hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member