Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What day did he start circulating missing posters by himself since he obviously didn't want family or friends searching?

I've tried but I can think of no logical explanation for why he didn't contact family/friends the morning after she didn't come home, let alone the following days after. Especially since he claimed her phone was on for the first 4 days. Why not call and ask them to try her phone because she wasn't answering for him? BTW how long will a phone stay charged while turned on? Anyone know?

Technically, they could sue because they got a missing person's report on the 28th and they did not actually start investigating until 11 days later.

What I'm saying is there is a pretty good chance she was already deceased when the report was filed on the 28th, even if they started searching on the 28th, they would've still found her body. It is not LE's fault she is dead. That's on the hands of the psycho that killed her & left her under a tarp.

What I'm saying is there is a pretty good chance she was already deceased when the report was filed on the 28th, even if they started searching on the 28th, they would've still found her body. It is not LE's fault she is dead. That's on the hands of the psycho that killed her & left her under a tarp.

I'm not saying they could sue because she was found dead, they could sue (if they wanted to) because a report was filed on May 28th and they did not start investigating until a week and a half later.

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/virginianpilot

scroll down until you get the the 4th story.

second comment is made by TL.

Read the comments and it sounds like hearsay from a daughters friend who heard.

But i like the one that said i live there and my husband would not let me do laundry at that time of night.

I guess the complex isn't the safest.

I've tried but I can think of no logical explanation for why he didn't contact family/friends the morning after she didn't come home, let alone the following days after. Especially since he claimed her phone was on for the first 4 days. Why not call and ask them to try her phone because she wasn't answering for him? BTW how long will a phone stay charged while turned on? Anyone know?

I wouldn't think even a fully charged phone would stay charged for 24-36 hours, if RF was calling it over & over, texts etc would drain the battery even faster. On my phone, standby time is 12-16 hours w/no notifications, during the day it's on do not disturb. When I'm using thru out the day, 8-10 hours is about all I get before I have to charge it. Idk what kind of phone she had, so times may vary.

A simple family search may have found her since she was that close. Was he leading the search parties as well. Or did he think only LE could search.

I'm not saying they could sue because she was found dead, they could sue (if they wanted to) because a report was filed on May 28th and they did not start investigating until a week and a half later.

So what would they sue for? I'm trying to understand your point of view, but imo even if they started investigating as soon as the report was filed the end result would still be the same.

A simple family search may have found her since she was that close. Was he leading the search parties as well. Or did he think only LE could search.

We have no idea who was out searching, plus he has two small kids to take care of.

I wouldn't think even a fully charged phone would stay charged for 24-36 hours, if RF was calling it over & over, texts etc would drain the battery even faster. On my phone, standby time is 12-16 hours w/no notifications, during the day it's on do not disturb. When I'm using thru out the day, 8-10 hours is about all I get before I have to charge it. Idk what kind of phone she had, so times may vary.

So if it was on for 4 days someone must've been charging it. It will be interesting to learn if the phone was found with the remains.

That's what I'd think from experience with my own phone. I usually plug mine in every night at bedtime, some days I still have 20% by bedtime, some days I have to plug it in at 7pm, kinda depends on the activity of the day.

So what would they sue for? I'm trying to understand your point of view, but imo even if they started investigating as soon as the report was filed the end result would still be the same.

For not handling the case like they should have. A police officer said when they (portsmouth PD) gets a missing person's case, they usually assign someone within three days of getting the report.

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/06/police-id-remains-found-missing-portsmouth-woman

Let's be careful & not argue. Don't want to get mod slapped and shut down!

I think we can all agree that the fiancé didn't handle this correctly. LE didn't handle this correctly. Due to the decomp of the body, there was probably nothing that could have been done by either.

But, I DO think that there is something hinky here. At the very least, IF the family was alerted, It's possible her body would have been located sooner and a) lessened everybody's angst and suffering over her missing; b) preserved evidence; and c) make the fiancé look less hinky

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The kids are frantic. You need help with kids. But you still don't mention the possible abduction to family. What was he telling people.

Let's be careful & not argue. Don't want to get mod slapped and shut down!

I think we can all agree that the fiancé didn't handle this correctly. LE didn't handle this correctly. Due to the decomp of the body, there was probably nothing that could have been done by either.

But, I DO think that there is something hinky here. At the very least, IF the family was alerted, It's possible her body would have been located sooner and a) lessened everybody's angst and suffering over her missing; b) preserved evidence; and c) make the fiancé look less hinky

I agree

By the way, I wonder who did look after the kids that first 9 days? Fiancé worked and Katie was a stay at home mom, so somebody would have had to step in and babysit, right?

To me it seems she and her boyfriend were not that close to her family. Her family had not heard from her for nine days and that was not called unusual. Maybe they hate her boyfriend and he wasn't going to call them no matter what. Just because she is deceased doesn't mean they all got along or had any kind of day to day relationship. The police said they should have had a detective assigned on 5/31 or 6/1. That's on the police.
Maybe she and her little family were more loners and her guy did not have a lot of resources to turn to on his own. We all know what we would do but we are not them.

By the way, I wonder who did look after the kids that first 9 days? Fiancé worked and Katie was a stay at home mom, so somebody would have had to step in and babysit, right?

Maybe he was able to take them to work? Or school was not yet out?

To me it seems she and her boyfriend were not that close to her family. Her family had not heard from her for nine days and that was not called unusual. Maybe they hate her boyfriend and he wasn't going to call them no matter what. Just because she is deceased doesn't mean they all got along or had any kind of day to day relationship. The police said they should have had a detective assigned on 5/31 or 6/1. That's on the police.
Maybe she and her little family were more loners and her guy did not have a lot of resources to turn to on his own. We all know what we would do but we are not them.

http://wavy.com/2015/06/09/police-searching-for-missing-portsmouth-mother/

Since then, the family has not seen or heard from Barham, which they say is very unusual.

It sounds like they were at least in communication a lot. Every article i've read seems to indicate that Katie's family lives hours away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hitchcock3000
Back