VA VA - Kelly Catalano, 40, Chesterfield, 15 Jan 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some different places could be searched near the fields and dirt roads behind blue print off port wathall drive. Midway there is a dirt road going to the fields and woods, and at the end another going to more fields and woods . Thats real close by car to go and not really be noticed. Im just trying to brainstorm some more places we could look at. Im open to any new ideas that could locate Kelly.

I have some questions about the Port Wathall area.

Is this a rural area or is it anywhere near a rural area? Are there any old barns, old farm houses, old buildings, or wells in that area that appears to be abandonded?

Have the homeless been known to camp out in the fields and woods in that area?

Would that be an area where people would do drugs or have an illegal drag race?

Wow, the way you worded that just smacked me in the face MB. Who would have access to ALL the places you mentioned? Would it be just one person, or could it be two people working in tandem? The house and mailbox could be just one person, but would that person also have access to her toolbox at work?

2 people working in tandem...could be done very easily...one from work and an old flame... One especially that had a problem with Kelly (as I've mentioned before) - new car...raise...working what is generally thought of to be a man's job (welding)...maybe this person didn't like her lifestyle...or maybe this person thought Kelly did someone else wrong and/or liked the other person better...

Or 1 person knowing what all was going on in Kelly's life used these things to their advantage - and set this up that it would appear to be someone at work or vice versa.

Workplace rivalry is alive and well. I'm sure Kelly was well thought of by a lot of her co-workers as well as bosses...yet, there is bound to be one person that has some animosity towards Kelly and all that she has achieved

And yet the above could also come into play where a former love interest is concerned or possibly someone that was just a friend.

I've pretty much convinced myself - and this is JMO - that one or two people were having "come to Jesus" talks with Kelly... We've been told that she has always had an interest in talking about the afterlife - but there seems to be, to me, that there was more of this talk (and writing about) her thoughts on the subject that seemed fairly recent. Like someone had "revived" her interests in this matter.

In my mind - if someone (or two) was doing this then it is IMHO that someone wasn't happy with Kelly's lifestyle - which also goes along with the removal of pictures of Kelly and her partner from Kelly's workspace.

So I think it's very possible that someone is playing one off the other or could possibly be working in tandem as you say...

the removal of the pictures from Kelly's toolbox had to be sometime before the demise of Kelly and CinV's relationship since they were living apart since around May of 2009.

If Kelly was worried about someone from her job making keys to her house, I am sure she would have 1. changed the locks 2. locked the doors 3. started keeping her keys on her and not in the toolbox. I don't think someone from her job made keys, I think it was someone that already had a copy or knew where a spare was.

I know there are "Master" keys for vehicles... Anyone know if there is such a thing for door locks on houses as well?

Who ever took Kelly will not get away with it . God knows , and I think its just a matter of time , and so will law enforcment.

Well...I think I just answered my own question...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_(lock)

House keys
Main article: Yale key
A house key is the most common sort of key. There are two main forms. The older form is for lever locks, where a pack of flat levers (typically between two and five) are raised to different heights by the key whereupon the slots or gates of the levers line up and permit a bolt to move back and forth, opening or closing the lock. The teeth or bittings of the key have flat tops rather than being pointed. Lever lock keys tend to be bigger and less convenient for carrying, although lever locks tend to be more secure. These are still common in many European countries.

The more recent form is that for a pin tumbler cylinder lock. When held upright as if to open a door, a series of grooves on either side of the key (the key's profile) limits the type of lock cylinder the key can slide into. As the key slides into the lock, a series of pointed teeth and notches allow pins to move up and down until those pins are in line with the shear line of the cylinder, allowing that cylinder to rotate freely inside the lock and the lock to open. These are predominate in the United States of America.

Master key
A master key is intended to open a set of several locks. Usually, there is nothing special about the key itself, but rather the locks into which it will fit. These locks also have keys which are specific to each one (the change key) and cannot open any of the others in the set. Locks which have master keys have a second set of the mechanism used to open them which is identical to all of the others in the set of locks. For example, master keyed pin tumbler locks will have two shear points at each pin position, one for the change key and one for the master key. A far more secure (and more expensive) system has two cylinders in each lock, one for the change key and one for the master key.

Larger organizations, with more complex "grandmaster key" systems, may have several masterkey systems where the top level grandmaster key works in all of the locks in the system.

A practical attack exists to create a working master key for an entire system given only access to a single master-keyed lock, its associated change key, a supply of appropriate key blanks, and the ability to cut new keys. This is described in Cryptology and Physical Security: Rights Amplification in Master-Keyed Mechanical Locks

Locksmiths may also determine cuts for a replacement master key, when given several different key examples from a given system.

Control key
A control key is a special key used in removable core locking systems. The control key enables a user with very little skill to remove from the cylinder, quickly and easily, a core with a specific combination and replace it with a core with a different combination. In Small Format Interchangeable Cores (SFIC), similar to those developed by Frank Best of the Best Lock Corporation, the key operates a separate shear line, located above the operating key shear line. In Large Format Removable Cores (LFRC), the key may operate a separate shear line or the key may work like a master key along the operating shear line and also contact a separate locking pin that holds the core in the cylinder. SFIC's are interchangeable from one brand to another, while LFRC's are not.

I really don't believe she has ever been in the water. I believe she was abducted. I too think that when summer comes around her body will be found, and I am sorry to say that. Where is her niece? It doesn't look like she has been on herefor awhile. There is just nothing in the papers or anything about this case.

I am still here reading faithfully everyday or a few times a day. Im just taking in all your guys ideas and thoughts. We know nothing new at all.
I have not posted in awhile becausing I am holding on to alot of hate right now and I know that would not make Kelly happy that my heart has so much hate in it right now.
My heart is broken without her and I am trying to get my children thru what is going on. If I honestly gave my opinion right now there is no doubt in my mind that CIV would have it removed as fast as I could put it up! I am sure I would break just about all the rules WS has set up so I NEED to keep to myself right now and I dont have anything to say that could honestly help everybody figure this out for us.
But I Thank You all for your thoughts, help and prayers. They are so needed. Please dont think the family being quiet right now means we know anything because thats not the case. The family is trying to cope with the situation.
Thank you all and hopefully I didnt break any rules. I have had a bad habit of that on this website but not intentionally.
Please keep praying for Kellys safety

Thinking of your family AnotherNiece, thank you for updating us.

Hi Another Neice...

I am so sorry for your pain...I wish that this will have a happy ending for all of you..and at this point, at least an ending

I also have a "big mouth" it seems <grin>

so...let me put it this way...IF this was a case of a heterosexual woman who would we suspect??

who do we suspect in cases like Laci Peterson, Stacy Peterson, Susan Powell??

I don't know why the same thinking does not hold in this case

statistically family members commit murders....strangers are pretty rare (except in case of young people out on their own )...."domestic violence" is violence between 2 people who are in a relationship period

Years ago when I lived in an apartment we had a couple who were always fighting...one night they actually kicked out the elevator panel, broke mirrors in the apt lobby, broke furniture ...and were both arrested and prompty evicted

and this couple was 2 women

nuff said

The snow runoff would have made the river higher. when did the air search take place? I am not convinced by the divers statement as we can see photos and I cant see the bottom from google earth. Maybe I do not know what I am looking at?

I have some questions about the Port Wathall area.

Is this a rural area or is it anywhere near a rural area? Are there any old barns, old farm houses, old buildings, or wells in that area that appears to be abandonded?

Have the homeless been known to camp out in the fields and woods in that area?

Would that be an area where people would do drugs or have an illegal drag race?
I noticed a few things when we were doing our searches.
1. There are some manhole pipes all around the river edges that go down about 8 to 10 feet. One of those were open ,so i looked down in it .
2. I did notice a homeless man walking toward point of rocks park with a roller suitcase the day we searched point of rocks park.
3. Not sure about abandoned barns or houses , but there could be ?
I think we should not so much try to figure out who did it , but rather where she is . L.E. needs evidence before they find out who did what. The number one thing to do now is find her. With out that there is no real case. Thinking of places she could be needs to be crossed out one by one. My heart goes out to her family. We are here for you .

I wish we could figure out who did it but regardless if we did, you have to have proof and if LE would believe you, would be another story altogether. Who would want to believe that an amateur could do their job?

Regardless, my main hope is to find Kelly..hopefully safe and back home to her family, where she belongs.

I wish we could figure out who did it but regardless if we did, you have to have proof and if LE would believe you, would be another story altogether. Who would want to believe that an amateur could do their job?

Regardless, my main hope is to find Kelly..hopefully safe and back home to her family, where she belongs.
Situations like this require team work. L.E. can use all the help they can get
from the community. When people come together they can get the job done.
We are all brothers and sisters. I think its great that people come together in times like this.

Now there is another person missing in Richmond. 22 year old, male, British exchange student studying at VCU.

Do this many people go missing in other towns this size?

Joseph and/or Scrappy- give me a heads up if you organize another search. Even if I can't go, I will spread the word.

Thanks Nursebeeme. I wanted to post a link, but I am still afraid of the rules around here! :)

I am so hoping one of the astrologers will do her chart!!! I have my fingers and toes crossed!

For some reason I have such an odd feeling about CinV. I don't know her, nor have I ever seen her with Kelly, but...her conflicting posts in the past just don't add up. Kelly had mentioned back in October that she was seeing her "ex" from NC again. Which, I would assume was CinV. Yet, CinV had stated that she had not talked to Kelly in over 6 months. Plus, the whole mailbox issue just shows that CinV doesn't always think rationally. Her family also does not comment anymore much, because I think their fingers are also pointing in that direction. There seems to be a lot of animosity amongst the two. It was mentioned on the day of Kelly's dissapperance that CinV was at lunch with her Mom. Does anyone know if CinV's Mom lives in NC or here in Va?! Because I know she was at Kelly's vigil. Did she drive here just for that or does she live in the area? Because if she lives here in Va don't you find it somewhat coincidental that CinV is visiting her Mom at the same time Kelly goes missing?? I don't know, and this is just personal observation and my personal opinion.
I too, knowing Kelly, know that she would just not run out of her job with no intentions of returning midday. I think she saw someone pull in the parking lot, recognized the vehicle and did not want this person coming into her job. Maybe they argued previously and it went unresolved and Kelly just was avoiding then purposely. They figured " I will just go to her work... She has to see and talk to me if I go there." And, instead of causing a scene in the parking lot, Kelly agreed to get in the car and talk. And, from that point...I can't imagine what may have happened nor do I want to.
Softball season is about to start back up in a couple months...and hopefully there will be talk at the fields and maybe some new thoughts or theories will service. I just hope she is found safe beforehand...cause we need her on 1st base!!

Welcome Softball!

One thing...I know it's been said that Kelly was working right up until she went out the door. But just how does her co-workers know this exactly if they were all working? I don't mean that to be a slam in any way to her co-workers, but if they are paying attention to what they are doing why would the be paying attention to Kelly's actions?

Where are the restrooms in connection with Kelly's work area and the doors? Could Kelly have gone to the restroom and seen someone in the parking lot? Or could she have gotten a drink from a water fountain and saw to the outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiemi