VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm still shocked they let the baby be alone with him this long. I mean, I guess they had to have legal reason to remove her, but wow. Thank God she's ok.

IMO MOO
I would be too, but it makes sense to me here.

Last night I said the baby better have been removed if they were going to turn up the heat like they did (uncooperative, POI). But law enforcement has been there all night, so if they knew they were going to be pulling the trigger soon, there wouldn’t be much of a risk.

I don’t think he was ever alone with the baby after that.

I would be too, but it makes sense to me here.

Last night I said the baby better have been removed if they were going to turn up the heat like they did (uncooperative, POI). But law enforcement has been there all night, so if they knew they were going to be pulling the trigger soon, there wouldn’t be much of a risk.

I don’t think he was ever alone with the baby after that.

Oh ok. I was envisioning them leaving him inside the house alone with the baby all night, but you make much more sense! :)

Where are you Mamta?

I fear LE found evidence you are no longer with us.. No longer here with your precious child to love her, protect her and help her live a happy, productive life. I'm so sorry that despite you trying so hard to escape and start anew that the very worst of all possibilities likely happened. You are the best Mom and i pray you'll be found so you can rest in peace knowing loved ones will care for and love your child and also keep your precious memory alive.

MOO

God I hope that poor, sweet baby somehow makes her way safely to Mamta's family in Nepal.
Agreed 100 %.
I would love to see the baby with the mom's bio family ; as that's all they will have left of the mom.
Omo.

Eta : Since they've arrested the husband I'm guessing Mamta may have been found ?
All this time he waited and was silent. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Imo.

Last edited:
Since they did not make an arrest last night, I wonder if they put a rush on forensics results at the lab that led them to make the arrest this morning.

I’m so glad the baby is safe — although it’s heartbreaking that she will likely grow up without either of her parents.
They seemed to know an arrest was coming, as they said they’d have more information in the morning (or something like that).

I can’t wait to read the AA!

Since they did not make an arrest last night, I wonder if they put a rush on forensics results at the lab that led them to make the arrest this morning.

I’m so glad the baby is safe — although it’s heartbreaking that she will likely grow up without either of her parents.
I don’t recall them removing anything from the scene until after his arrest. There are field test kits to determine if certain stains are blood. I’m just glad they had him right there the entire time the house was being processed, they made sure he wasn’t going anywhere.

Transcript of the brief press interaction between Amy Ashworth, Attorney, and press (from MassGuy's link)
Amy Ashworth, attorney: Things are moving quickly, we will do our best to keep everyone informed, but we are not going to have anything except for--
Reporter: Do we know where Manta is?
AA: This is an ongoing investigation...
Reporter: Is she alive or dead?
AA: We don't know. We don't know. But we are working this investigation. We are working carefully, and there are just a lot of things moving very quickly right now. There is nothing else I can say.
AA ended conversation.

I’d be shocked if that baby wasn’t in the hands of CPS. I just can’t fathom them turning up the heat to full blast while the baby is still in the custody of the father.
I just realized....if he did something to his wife, that baby is now essentially an orphan? IDK if he has family here, but I don't think she has any. That poor little girl .

If LE were fairly certain Mamta had left of her own volition, I don't think he'd have been arrested.
On the fence regarding if she's been found, though.
Would like to hear it confirmed through LE.
Wonder if he'd had help ?
Omo.

If LE were fairly certain Mamta had left of her own volition, I don't think he'd have been arrested.
On the fence regarding if she's been found, though.
Would like to hear it confirmed through LE.
Wonder if he'd had help ?
Omo.
I'm wondering if they found evidence in the house of injuries so severe that someone could not survive them, but haven't yet found a body??

jmo

Can anyone find out when trash collection day is in that neighborhood?

jmo
That’s a very important question. They seemed focused on the garage last night, as you could see lots of camera flashes in the news coverage. If he transported her in his car, I think we would have seen movement in this case much earlier.

He wouldn’t be the first person to put his significant other out with the trash, which requires they not be in one piece.

That’s a very important question. They seemed focused on the garage last night, as you could see lots of camera flashes in the news coverage. If he transported her in his car, I think we would have seen movement in this case much earlier.

He wouldn’t be the first person to put his significant other out with the trash, which requires they not be in one piece.
And I'm thinking it might be related to his apparent delay in reporting her missing - did he wait for trash day?

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678
Back