Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen anything set in stone that MH was unable to purchase another ticket because of no funds. I've heard that speculated.

Have also heard speculated that she could not buy another ticket even though the box office was open because ticket sales are stopped 4 hours prior to the event.

I fully understand why MH could not get back into the venue...I'm not one of the posters who keeps asking why couldn't a friend have brought her a ticket stub or why couldn't a friend just come and opened a door for her...

LogicalMinds; guess I missed that part about she was a he, sorry. Here is a link per your request from "The Hook" stating in the VSP timeline that Morgan's friends called her...

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...organ-harrington-last-seen-over-train-tracks/

Yes that does say that...however the "hook" also has other pages that say that Morgan called them

(where I am now reading posts, I registered but not approved yet so cant search for tarheel )

on the "family forum" there are posts that all say "morgan called" them
in fact a few from yesterday...and the major media says Morgan called them

the link you gave was one link from Oct 26...

any other links?? It would be good if the family at least could verify some of this. I will ask these questions on "her" forum ..thanks

Look on page 3 of this thread for the links...3rd from bottom

Look on page 3 of this thread for the links...3rd from bottom

Yes, thanks I read them...well that is just more confusion about this case

I wish there was a valid list of "facts" so that from that we could all
form opinions or thoughts about it

I checked over on the MH forum and it seems there are many people there who are frustrated also...and also questioning why not give info on the red camera as I have questioned...

I also just read where LE told searchers to "look for a red camera" during a search about 3 weeks after she went missing....??? :banghead::banghead:

It wasn't necessary that they gave her the keys to her car if they knew she had been drinking... However, isn't it possible that someone could have brought her the 'clicker' so she could have unlocked her car and sat inside of it?

assuming that her car was equipped with that type of lock, of course. i honestly don't know, but i imagine they still make plenty of cars that unlock by actual physical key. also, it would have been pretty cold sitting in the car without the engine and heat running - not much better than huddling up outside by the time the show let out.

From what I am reading at MH forum, they still don't have the answer there either...
tho I have found a few posts that all seem to agree that Morgan called her friends, they did not call her first..

they seem to agree about the "balance checkbook"...and debit card "empty" however

and yes, the box office may have been closed

Well....IMO.....the security person who saw her with a cut on her chin.....trying to get back in.....should have, at least, tried to get some help for her. For some reason, in my mind, I imagine Morgan stumbling around, going from being mad to sad, frantic maybe? Drunk or stoned....and, met up with the wrong person.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/10/26/sad-days-harrington-family-coping-waiting/

"The plan was still on for father and daughter on Sunday to balance her checkbook, which she’d overdrawn buying groceries."

Yes, it appears MH's checking account had been overdrawn. However, it doesn't say that there was more money deposited into her account. JMO - I do not believe the Harrington's would allow their daughter to go 2 hrs. away from home with absolutely no money - whether that's cash or they had already deposited $$$ into her account.

I do not remember where I read this - but feel almost certain that either I or someone else posted a link to this story regarding the box office. There was a box office employee who made the comment to her mother that no one in LE had questioned her and she was working at the time MH was there and went missing. The box office was open. There was another link posted earlier that stated ticket sales (for any function) were suspended 4 hours prior to any event. Which IMO, I find that hard to believe - if you have a function and it is not sold out and someone wants to spend their money to get a ticket...

assuming that her car was equipped with that type of lock, of course. i honestly don't know, but i imagine they still make plenty of cars that unlock by actual physical key. also, it would have been pretty cold sitting in the car without the engine and heat running - not much better than huddling up outside by the time the show let out.

Car was a 2006 Honda - which should have been equipped with a "clicker".

She still may have been cold in the car - but at least she would have been out of the weather - it was misty/raining, very cold and breezy at times.

LogicalMinds; I don’t know if you’re old enough to remember a guy named Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band but he had a song entitled, “Night Moves” and a line from that song says, “Workin on Mysteries Without Any Clues”… This case has long reminded me of that tune and this line from it.

To add to the mystery of who called whom, here is a link to an article done by a lady named Ann Flaherty. The article contains the official VSP timeline. That timeline states Morgan called her friends. Yes, there are a lot of conflicting reports but if you have to believe someone, I’d go with the guys who are holding all the cards.

Official Virginia State police summary investigative Case #: 09-83020523

•8:48 PM: Morgan calls a friend inside the arena, discusses trying to get back in. Tells her friend that she will get a ride home from friends around Charlottesville.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...organ-Harrington-missing-young-Virginia-woman

LogicalMinds; I don’t know if you’re old enough to remember a guy named Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band but he had a song entitled, “Night Moves” and a line from that song says, “Workin on Mysteries Without Any Clues”… This case has long reminded me of that tune and this line from it.

To add to the mystery of who called whom, here is a link to an article done by a lady named Ann Flaherty. The article contains the official VSP timeline. That timeline states Morgan called her friends. Yes, there are a lot of conflicting reports but if you have to believe someone, I’d go with the guys who are holding all the cards.

Official Virginia State police summary investigative Case #: 09-83020523

•8:48 PM: Morgan calls a friend inside the arena, discusses trying to get back in. Tells her friend that she will get a ride home from friends around Charlottesville.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...organ-Harrington-missing-young-Virginia-woman

Thanks Ghostmaster...I sure know Bob Segar LOL>> thanks

yes, the info from Ann seems accurate..and most everyone on the MH forum seems to go with the "Morgan called them"

I have also read there again that her phone was ? problematic...battery would come out...she supposedly put it in her bra a lot ?? (or so friends say)

There really is so little info on this case...just amazing

Why would they give up their seats at a concert cause a friend left and couldn't get back in?

she was 20 years old, not 7.

I have to agree with this. I don't know if I really want to defend her friends, since they don't sound like the greatest, most compassionate people on earth, but I don't actually blame them for not abandoning the show when their fully-grown, presumably intelligent friend made a silly mistake and ended up outside - not unless she was drunk or high to the point where I didn't think she could look after herself, or if she was sick or needed help. I would have tried to get the keys to her, even if it meant I had to keep texting her or calling her throughout the show to make sure she was still in the parking lot, but I don't think the friends ever got the chance to do that, did they? They only heard from her once after she got outside, and she never answered them after that, IIRC.

(To be fair, I often go to concerts by myself (never mind the bathroom! that one bothers me as well; nothing wrong with going alone when you know exactly where you're supposed to come back to - IE reserved seating), so I guess I do a lot of terrible things according to this forum. :eek:)

I think a huge part of the problem was that Morgan's phone was somehow defective (maybe had been dropped a lot?) and the battery came out...somewhere...and she could not call them back

they had no way to call her...and no way to meet her and give her the clicker, the keys, or whatever...

IF she had money on her debit card she could have called a cab (they take debit/cc)

she could have taken a cab even to a nearby diner or something and waited it out and called her friends to pick her up

no phone....no money....maybe drinking/drugs...bad decisions all the way around

and NO I have not heard that her parents put money on her card...tho I am certain they wished they had...just as I am sure her "friends" wished they had made other arrangements/efforts etc

BBM.. Why would you kiss your friends goodbye if you are only heading to the ladies room? :waitasec:

If someone was planning to leave for the evening and depart from friends then they would kiss them goodbye.
I have a friend who kisses me hello and goodbye everytime i go over her house.
Morgan went there with her friends, so my guess is she was kissing them goodbye as she was leaving to meet up with someone and go elsewhere.

Thanks Ghostmaster...I sure know Bob Segar LOL>> thanks

yes, the info from Ann seems accurate..and most everyone on the MH forum seems to go with the "Morgan called them"

I have also read there again that her phone was ? problematic...battery would come out...she supposedly put it in her bra a lot ?? (or so friends say)

There really is so little info on this case...just amazing

She put the phone battery in her bra??!! LoL where did you hear that?
I guess a bra could work well for storing things..
Why wouldn't she just put the battery in her purse/pocketbook instead of her bra?

Posts on the Find Morgan site about "battery in bra" <grin>

lots of young people post there...college kids....and a few people who know her

Seems that a family friend (a guy) runs the forum

I think a huge part of the problem was that Morgan's phone was somehow defective (maybe had been dropped a lot?) and the battery came out...somewhere...and she could not call them back

they had no way to call her...and no way to meet her and give her the clicker, the keys, or whatever...

IF she had money on her debit card she could have called a cab (they take debit/cc)

she could have taken a cab even to a nearby diner or something and waited it out and called her friends to pick her up

no phone....no money....maybe drinking/drugs...bad decisions all the way around

and NO I have not heard that her parents put money on her card...tho I am certain they wished they had...just as I am sure her "friends" wished they had made other arrangements/efforts etc

It's possible her parents gave her cash, or she had cash on her, or that even though overdrafted she may have been able to run something through on credit.

She kissed her friends goodbye, IMO, i think she was planning on leaving them for a spell, maybe going somewhere else or to meet up with someone else and not see her friends until much later on.

If she was in a desperate drastic situation, i truly believe she would have called the police or at least her parents on a pay phone. Police could have been alerted by her talking to security. She tried to get back inside, yet we don't have reports of security seeing her in distress to the point that she wanted police called. So even though she tried to get back inside, IMO it doesn't seem to me that she was in danger just then.

She did tell her friends in that call that she would find a ride home, i think it's possible she was either meeting someone or had people in mind she knew from around the area. A lot of these kids have tons of friends in the surrounding college area.

Remember that Morgan did also make a text to a young man (not involved LE cleared him) as well that night. I believe, if my memory serves me correctly it was after she talked to SS, however if anyone can find the link to post i would be greatful.

What are you referring to when you say the friends must wish they made other arrangements? That they didn't join her outside when she was stuck out there?

On the FindMorgan site, her father has mentioned that various mistakes my different people made that night have all factored into the equation.
It's been mentioned before on here.

If she had no money as you believe, how could she pay for a cab to a nearby diner?

As for her parents, they feel horrible about this whole thing and my heart goes out to them. I'm sure her friends do as well.

IMO, i don't think the friends, or what people could have, should have done is the issue right now.

In the instance Morgan chose to leave the arena as she was meeting someone or had other plans, possibly she was to meet up with the friends later (for example if she was meeting someone who had their own car). Then Morgan wouldn't need hers, yet her friends would to meet up with her later. (Using this scenario as an example).

The question would be, in this scenario, who did Morgan meet up with? She went outside the arena, most likely with the intentions of leaving and not seeing her friends at least until much later on (kissing them goodbye).
After she does outside, she calls SS and tries to get back in. Maybe if she was to meet someone they didn't show or were late and she was going to try and get back in to kill time. She can't get back inside so maybe she meets someone, a friend, acquaintance, someone who is a friend of a friend, and possibly she goes off with them. That would be were things go bad.
Her friends were supposed to go to a party at JMU after the concert, perhaps Morgan had made plans to meet up with someone and not stay for the whole concert, and then meet her friends at JMU later... just to take a guess at things.
The only reason i can think for her to leave the concert (especially being she kissed her friends goodbye prior) is that she had plans to be somewhere else with someone else. Whatever happened once she went outside wasn't planned, which would explain the call to SS.
The reason possibly behind why her friends didn't go out to her or get her her keys may be due to Morgan telling them she would either meet up with them later or find a ride back there on her own.

To say she would find a ride when her friends have her car, would mean she had someone(s) in mind around the area who she thought she could get a ride with. That also would be why her friends didn't attempt to get her her own keys or go outside to her, IMO. If she told them she was in danger, the situation would be different. At that point in time, Morgan didn't appear to be in danger. After the phone call she tried to get back in, and then Lord knows what happened..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rix17