Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know from when I was younger (lo, those many years ago), high school/college-age kids knew where to go out in remote spots in the country and surrounding farms to 'party', and many of those spots would have been considered inaccessible. But they weren't. It was much easier than the adults would have thought. Not that I ever did such a thing...

My google maps link didn't work, will try to link another map that shows this SO's residence (A) and Anchorage Farms (B), where remains were found.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Cha...2903&2y=US&2l=37.973005&2g=-78.61386&2v=BLOCK

This map system wouldn't let me put in his exact address, but if you look at "A" his address is about a mile back off of same road (Monacan Trail Road)...same side of the highway as Anchorage Farms. This guy knows this area.

Well, like I said, I would HOPE he's been questioned by LE. I'm not going to assume he's the one, but whoever it was knew the area.

Are any of those police cars? I only ask because I thought they said the area was only accessible by tractor or SUV.

Police cars and the State Police CSI van.

Most farms like this have what I call farm lanes/trails that run along the outside of the woods to make it easier for the farmer to get around the land. These lanes are dirt, large holes and lots of rocks. Our property has these lanes and while I wouldn't want to take my car on the lanes, I could.

The good looking 20 year old also happens to work 1.3 miles from the Copley Bridge where she was last seen. Sounds like a good suspect to me. His residence is less than 1.7 miles from where her body was found, and that is by roadway according to Google. Probably much shorter through the fields.

According to the above link, the current owner of the farm bought the property in '83. At 700+ acres, he has hired farmhands and other workers over the years. I would hope LE is investigating anyone who has ever worked that farm, or any adjacent properties for that matter.

No, not someone I would pick out either, but he lives 2 miles from the site where she was found. His all-American looks could be the reason someone might trust him. It just seems too close to me.

Me neither. Very good looking. Not at all what I picture when violent offender comes to mind.

The good looking 20 year old also happens to work 1.3 miles from the Copley Bridge where she was last seen. Sounds like a good suspect to me. His residence is less than 1.7 miles from where her body was found, and that is by roadway according to Google. Probably much shorter through the fields.

Wow.

Does anyone know if the police had already interviewed SOs in the Charlottesville area (prior to her body being found, I mean)? And if so, would that have included people in the area of this farm (since it was 10 miles out from the JPJ arena)?

wow. I just heard of this last night on Nancy Grace. I have driven past part of this land on my way home over holidays. So weird......are they leaning towards the possibility she was lured to that area? The police on NG said that they don't think she was dragged there...any other updates??

These are the posts I was referring to, from a thread discussing what behaviours to watch for (I'm guessing of the killer reacting to the news she was found). Very odd, and I can't seem to access further posts to find out what she referencing, so take it as you will:

------

--------

(from another person):

--------

Where are these comments coming from? Link please.

There are comments (I haven't seen any confirmation) that the other house on the property had been rented out to college students.

Ivy Road is Route 250. It's the road they would most likely have taken to get from the bridge to Route 29.

The location is very similar to the one I saw in my dream, too, though I was never able to find a location more specific than "in the woods near water somewhere off Monacan Road, with a steep wooded hill in the area." That only describes half of Virginia...

The registered sex offender (age 20) that lives very close to the Anchorage Farm lives on the same street as in your dream...MONACAN RD. :eek:

Are any of those police cars? I only ask because I thought they said the area was only accessible by tractor or SUV.

Yes, they are....and it appears that there may have been some media misinterpretation of what was said about the accessibility. From the aerial photos, it appears that there are not even any significant tracks left by those vehicles, even though there was a recent large amount of rain plus a large snow melt according to locals. Any jeep or small 4 wheel drive truck should have no problem getting back there, especially ones that have been lifted for extra ground clearance as many young people love to do to their vehicles.

jmoo

Looks like the 20 yo sex offender on Monacan was charged with rape of a person under the age of 13. Hard to say if he might have changed his MO; from another thread, I understand that RSO's are sometimes not particular who they choose, more of an opportunity type thing. Don't know if this is pertinent or not. JMOO

So the gate was usually kept OPEN, which means anyone could have entered and exited the gate to the property.

Bass said the remains were at a remote part of the property that can only be accessed by tractor. He said he usually keeps the gates to his farm open, which makes it susceptible to trespassers, usually hunters.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/82688062.html

That is a different type of offender. I just can't get over the coincidences in his home and work locations to this case. This guy is definitely going to be on LE's radar, I hope.

:waitasec: If this is a person that lives in close proximity or is very familiar with the area, couldn't it be possible they used some sort of ATV to get her out there. Ask her to go for a ride or something along those lines?

More than likely Morgan was already dead when she was put there.

I would like to know if the 20 year old SO owns or has access to a truck or four wheel drive vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro