Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When there's no evidence, there's nothing that CAN be done. That's why the efforts in the Charlottesville area to get people to come forward with what they know are so critical.

Wish I knew what I could do that would help.

When there's no evidence, there's nothing that CAN be done. That's why the efforts in the Charlottesville area to get people to come forward with what they know are so critical.

Wish I knew what I could do that would help.

An interesting account by a journalist who met with the Manson Family believing that Charles Manson was innocent but ended up terrified for his life and the life of wife:

Link to journalist's story:
http://www.gadflyonline.com/archive/October98/archive-manson.html

Quote from above link:
On the drive out there desperate realizations were coming down like hail. The most chilling was that two people involved with Manson had died since I'd started working on this story. The attorney who took us in to see Manson had died in a freak skiing accident and Randy Starr, the stunt cowboy, had hung himself in front of a crowd at an amusement park when something went wrong with his act. Another friend of the Family had narrowly escaped being burnt to death in his sleep when his trailer had caught on fire the week before. Previously these had seemed like freakish accidents. Suddenly they didn't seem all that accidental.

By the time I got out to the ranch the fear and paranoia were so intense that I was hallucinating. Every rock had a face and every telephone pole had turned into a cross ...

At the end, he refers to the "ourobouros" which is an ancient symbol of a snake biting its tale as metaphor for Manson's LSD-influenced thinking. Could that outer vine-halo in photo #14 actually be an ourobouros? Jewelry using the image of the ourobouros is popular with the Goth crowd. MH had unusual jewelry --- could she have worn an earring in such form? The ourobouros is supposed to represent eternity, but may have an insulting or derogatory meaning in the context of the image in photo #14.

Picture of an Ourobouros:
jordan080707.jpg

Link to the AF photos, again:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=735702175&aid=157216&s=0&hash=89e8240f3b8560bd6da228d6f6cb9afb

I know this has been brought up before, but, do you think it's possible there has been cult related activity in that area? Including near that farm?

An interesting account by a journalist who met with the Manson Family believing that Charles Manson was innocent but ended up terrified for his life and the life of wife:

Link to journalist's story:
http://www.gadflyonline.com/archive/October98/archive-manson.html

Quote from above link:

At the end, he refers to the "ourbouros" which is an ancient symbol of a snake biting its tale as metaphor for Manson's LSD-influenced thinking. Could that outer vine-halo in photo #14 actually be a ouroboros? Jewelry using the image of the ouroboros is popular with the Goth crowd. MH had unusual jewelry --- could she have worn an earring in such form? The ourboros is supposed to represent eternity, but may have an insulting or derogatory meaning in the context of the image in photo #14.

Picture of an Ourboros:
jordan080707.jpg

Link to the AF photos, again:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=735702175&aid=157216&s=0&hash=89e8240f3b8560bd6da228d6f6cb9afb

Wow, thanks SOOOOO much for this link Walker. Just perfect. Thanks again.

It may have been a crime of opportunity, but I think the fact that her things were left behind indicates they or he pre-planned some of it. They/he knew that the cell phone could be used to track her, and got rid of it right at the start. That is someone with experience. Another Joran van der Sloot, at the least.

great posting people.hope the billboard produces some good leads.at least it will keep interest out there.LE should have dna evidence back shortly hopefully that will help.they have been smart to lay back until they have that.im sure with the fear of a smart defense lawyer and the accusation of planted evidence to get a conviction they have not put pressure on any poi.at least thats my hope in this case.jmo

First Annual Morgan Harrington Memorial Golf Tournament
Friday, July 23, 2010 1pm Botetourt Country Club

The First Annual Morgan Harrington Memorial Golf Tournament will be held at the Boutetourt Country Club on Friday, July 23, 2010. Morgan was abducted from the University of Virginia on October 23, 2009 and her body was found in January26, 2010. Her murderer(s) remain at large. Proceeds will benefit one of Morgan’s favoriye charities, Orphan Medical Network International (OMNI). Morgan was student at Virginia Tech studying to be a teacher.
http://findmorgan.com/category/upcoming-events

Conclusion I have come to...

MH abduction and killing was random. I believe she was a victim of opportunity - whether someone saw her leave the concert and followed her or saw her out walking around - I believe whoever this was watched her until they had what they felt was the perfect opportunity. It's cold, dark, damp - thousands of people are in the concert, others are in their dorm rooms or out partying somewhere - the area was pretty much deserted.

I believe this person had anger issues (probably much like the bf of Yeardly). I believe he was intent on getting what he wanted and did so in whatever manner it took. I also believe there could have been some kind of message in Morgan's killing that was directed at the Bass family.

Perhaps someone was smitted with the Bass' daughter and she rebuffed him - or he felt intimidated in some way (or maybe even had a problem with the Bass family as a whole - issues with wealth, possibly, or how they were perceived by others & he didn't measure up/would never - could never be like them, etc.).

I believe where Morgan was left was no random accident. I'm also of the opinion that she was placed there so he could possibly watch activity in that area without being noticed that he was doing so. Because there are so many other remote areas where MH could have been placed that were so out of the way that she probably would have never been found or found quite so soon.

I fully believe it was someone who knew that farm intimately, who somewhat knew the routine at the farm as well (someone who worked on that farm/odd jobs or even hunted there and/or lives in the 'neighborhood'). I just don't believe that the killer ever thought about the weather and how rough the winter would be and that Mr. B would be checking his fence line for damage. Even if the killer thought of someone checking the fence line - MH's body was described as being in tall grass - and it was possible she wouldn't have been seen at all.

Feel pretty much assured that this guy acted alone, but do feel that someone may have some suspicions about him - but ultimately can prove nothing. Or perhaps it's a person (wife/parent) who depends on his income for stability and feels they cannot do without. It could all boil down to that this person is a loner who keeps to their self. If they have a job they probably clock in, do their work, clock out and leave and do not mingle their personal life with that of their co-workers. Or maybe they go from farm to farm doing odd jobs so that they don't really get to know anyone. Or it could be someone who just hides their inner demons very well and no one would ever suspect this person being capable of anything this heinous.

I agree that it was likely a random act by guy who was a stranger to some degree.

I don't agree with it being a statement to the Bass family or with it being somebody who was watching the farm. If it were a statement to the Bass family she could have been left someplace where they would more surely find her. And if it were somebody who could keep an eye on her remains...if the perp is somebody who felt comfortable frequenting the farm again I think he would have returned and buried her to try and make sure nobody found her.

I think the fact that she wasn't very well hidden means that she was left there in a panic. I agree that the perp was familiar with the farm, and chose that location because it was a rural area he is familiar with. I think he lived in the area at one time or spent a lot of time there (perhaps his grandparents lived near the farm).

I also think he's familiar with the college scene, because I think he probably left her t-shirt in the residential area where students live as a purposeful diversion. I'm not sure whether I think he brought the purse back to the arena or it got moved to the spot where it was found by a secondary person, someone who found it on the bridge or the RV lot, rifled through it and dropped it in the paved lot.

I still take the hitchhiking story seriously because LE made a big deal about it. I think there is a very strong possibility that she was very intoxicated, accepted a ride from somebody who seemed harmless and things went bad from there.

Chili Fries, your evaluation is about as close as I have come to understanding what may have happened. This person is probably still in the vicinity, meaning -- central/south central VA -- hiding in plain sight -- quite possibly waiting to strike again, but only when the opportunity presents itself. Scary stuff.

Sorry everyone but I have to be the one to buck the crowd I guess. I don't believe Morgan was ever in JPJ arena. I don't think her friends were either. I believe there is video, tons of it given the multimillion dollar system. Morgan is not on any of it. VSP press releases say so. How can pretty Dee be caught so many times on video and a strikingly beautiful Morgan not be caught on video once? I think a lot of Dr. H's info comes from these questionable friends.

I don't think the petition will help one bit. JPJ turned over the footage to LE. VSP has said that it doesn't have value "AT THIS TIME". They also say it is part of the ongoing investigation. So no, it won't get released.

What they mean by "at this time", imo means they will be using it later to prove that she was not there. I am the type to find answers in the omissions of things. I also became ill at how many "sightings" there were of Caylee Anthony that were absolutely untrue. Astounded at the number of people and the lengths they would go to in order to insert themselves in a case. I never account for eyewitnesses.

Try this. Remove the eyewitnesses and tell yourself she wasn't at the arena. Where do you end up? I end up picking mushrooms with my friends in a cow pasture before the concert, before dark. You may lean towards accident. Accident? OK. Cover up for accident, OK. Then 2 weeks later dress like Morgan at a party and chug em down like there is no tomorrow with zero remorse? Sorry, don't buy it.

Oh and don't forget a couple weeks after the Halloween party you drive to Cville and pose the tshirt near rowdy college off campus housing just before a big Morgan search. How convenient and horribly tragic the Love murder was.

Every 20 something kid in America knows about cell pings, battery removal, etc after the Anthony case. She is their age and it is on every media outlet. They followed it, they know. They watch CSI, NCIS, ID,etc.

Their DNA on anything Morgan would be dismissed as familiar DNA. She lived with one friend and was in the company of the other. No fear of DNA being on the shirt.

I think Morgan changed shirts. A tshirt does not go with that outfit. I think later the friends realized that Gil was giving the Pantera shirt as a description of what Morgan was wearing and they took the opportunity to pull it from Morgan's bag and plant it later.

There was no stranger abduction (they are actually very rare). I think she was shot. I do not think she was raped and I think they found her boots and all her clothing with her - except the necklace. In fact, I seriously am doubting that she even wore the necklace and I think it may have disappeared from her jewelry box in her apartment thus the late info about it. I mean, she wouldn't need it NOW right? (little snark there :crazy:)

I think the call was made from SS phone to Morgan's then the battery removed. I think the purse was put there the next day - early. Did you know SS and AM went back to the arena very early the next morning to "look for Morgan"? No way a zillion drunk/high concert people walked past it and didn't take it and left credit cards and everything in it.

Means and opportunity are there. They were the last with her. I believe if we knew the real truth about Morgan (I don't think she was a whole lot of shiny) we would figure out the motive.

I have researched my BRAINS out on this case. I have found things that would change all of your minds in a nanosecond.

LE isn't lying. I think we will hear something by this fall of great importance. I don't think the Harrington's are lying but I do believe they are misinformed by the friends and in a terrible state of grief trying desperately to remember everything good and sweet about their little girl. Power and privilege seem to run this state but I do believe LE is onto everything in this case. They can run (and move) but they can't hide.

PS I do not believe the Bass family has or had ANYTHING to do with this and I think it is horrible collateral damage that his daughter was dragged through the mud on another two sites! Gil stated she didn't want any collateral damage and that is exactly what has happened. I am betting that Mr. Bass probably turned down the reward as well. Good people I believe they are.

Rant over :banghead:

Alright, so following your possible theory, was her death a murder or an accident, and who do you think may have done it -- and if it was murder, what might have been a possible motive?

Are you sure there weren't witnesses to the friends being at JPJ? Did they leave her car at the arena to make it look like she was there? She was seen hitch hiking on the bridge at a certain hour --what do you think she may have been doing prior to that? Partying in the parking lot or ?

Sorry everyone but I have to be the one to buck the crowd I guess. I don't believe Morgan was ever in JPJ arena. I don't think her friends were either. I believe there is video, tons of it given the multimillion dollar system. Morgan is not on any of it. VSP press releases say so. How can pretty Dee be caught so many times on video and a strikingly beautiful Morgan not be caught on video once? I think a lot of Dr. H's info comes from these questionable friends.

I don't think the petition will help one bit. JPJ turned over the footage to LE. VSP has said that it doesn't have value "AT THIS TIME". They also say it is part of the ongoing investigation. So no, it won't get released.

What they mean by "at this time", imo means they will be using it later to prove that she was not there. I am the type to find answers in the omissions of things. I also became ill at how many "sightings" there were of Caylee Anthony that were absolutely untrue. Astounded at the number of people and the lengths they would go to in order to insert themselves in a case. I never account for eyewitnesses.

Try this. Remove the eyewitnesses and tell yourself she wasn't at the arena. Where do you end up? I end up picking mushrooms with my friends in a cow pasture before the concert, before dark. You may lean towards accident. Accident? OK. Cover up for accident, OK. Then 2 weeks later dress like Morgan at a party and chug em down like there is no tomorrow with zero remorse? Sorry, don't buy it.

Oh and don't forget a couple weeks after the Halloween party you drive to Cville and pose the tshirt near rowdy college off campus housing just before a big Morgan search. How convenient and horribly tragic the Love murder was.

Every 20 something kid in America knows about cell pings, battery removal, etc after the Anthony case. She is their age and it is on every media outlet. They followed it, they know. They watch CSI, NCIS, ID,etc.

Their DNA on anything Morgan would be dismissed as familiar DNA. She lived with one friend and was in the company of the other. No fear of DNA being on the shirt.

I think Morgan changed shirts. A tshirt does not go with that outfit. I think later the friends realized that Gil was giving the Pantera shirt as a description of what Morgan was wearing and they took the opportunity to pull it from Morgan's bag and plant it later.

There was no stranger abduction (they are actually very rare). I think she was shot. I do not think she was raped and I think they found her boots and all her clothing with her - except the necklace. In fact, I seriously am doubting that she even wore the necklace and I think it may have disappeared from her jewelry box in her apartment thus the late info about it. I mean, she wouldn't need it NOW right? (little snark there :crazy:)

I think the call was made from SS phone to Morgan's then the battery removed. I think the purse was put there the next day - early. Did you know SS and AM went back to the arena very early the next morning to "look for Morgan"? No way a zillion drunk/high concert people walked past it and didn't take it and left credit cards and everything in it.

Means and opportunity are there. They were the last with her. I believe if we knew the real truth about Morgan (I don't think she was a whole lot of shiny) we would figure out the motive.

I have researched my BRAINS out on this case. I have found things that would change all of your minds in a nanosecond.

LE isn't lying. I think we will hear something by this fall of great importance. I don't think the Harrington's are lying but I do believe they are misinformed by the friends and in a terrible state of grief trying desperately to remember everything good and sweet about their little girl. Power and privilege seem to run this state but I do believe LE is onto everything in this case. They can run (and move) but they can't hide.

PS I do not believe the Bass family has or had ANYTHING to do with this and I think it is horrible collateral damage that his daughter was dragged through the mud on another two sites! Gil stated she didn't want any collateral damage and that is exactly what has happened. I am betting that Mr. Bass probably turned down the reward as well. Good people I believe they are.

I beg to differ...Morgan was "a whole lot of shiny." BBM

BBM

I have to agree with some of your "rant"- I have questioned the purse and shirt as well, and not convinced of the friends version of what happened.

I also agree with the phone battery- no way it "just kept falling out".

I do not agree with NEVER accounting for eyewitnesses- that should be case by case.

(BTW...not the best of etiquette to post "I know stuff you don't".
It should either be shared or not referred to.)

My opinion answers in blue.

Alright, so following your possible theory, was her death a murder or an accident murder, and who do you think may have done it the friends-- and if it was murder, what might have been a possible motive? that is the question of the day.

Are you sure there weren't witnesses to the friends being at JPJ? Never heard of one person that said they saw AM and/or SS. Did they leave her car at the arena to make it look like she was there? No they drove it back to Harrisonburg. She was seen hitch hiking on the bridge at a certain hour don't think so - another "sighting" on a dark, misty, rainy night of a pretty blonde near a rock concert. I think the dog hit was from some article of hers with a scent placed on the bridge that fell below later. I don't believe the eyewitness--what do you think she may have been doing prior to that? She was gone already. Partying in the parking lot or ? definitely a questionmark, she was dead imo

BBM

I have to agree with some of your "rant"- I have questioned the purse and shirt as well, and not convinced of the friends version of what happened.

I also agree with the phone battery- no way it "just kept falling out".

I do not agree with NEVER accounting for eyewitnesses- that should be case by case.

(BTW...not the best of etiquette to post "I know stuff you don't".
It should either be shared or not referred to.)

Sorry about the etiquette thing. I could share it but I don't want to end up in court. Pretty positive LE has it all so just forget I said anything. :innocent:

Snipped for space...

Sally I truly respect everyone's opinions here and thank you for your post. Undoubtedly many others have researched this case as well. I'm curious to hear what additional information you have....

ETA: I would hope that you have spoken with LE to be sure that they DO in fact have any info that could help this case. No matter who the killer(s) turn out to be.

Many of us have worked in retail and we are familiar with the elaborate camera systems which they have in place; however, JPJ is not concerned about shoplifters, but only with crowd control. The top of someone's head is not that useful, and they all would look pretty much alike.

LE doesn't need to be pressured by the merely curious. There is no urgent need to release certain details.

Not familiar with Anthony case, but MH looked like many other young college women.

Try this. Remove the eyewitnesses and tell yourself she wasn't at the arena. Where do you end up?

I appreciate the fact that you are trying to think out of the box.

I end up picking mushrooms with my friends in a cow pasture before the concert, before dark.

It's not impossible. But mushrooms are (of course) dangerous. A few years ago, an NJ woman died of consuming mushrooms which she had gathered herself at a highway rest stop. She thought they were normal eating mushrooms, not drug mushrooms. So they would have to know what they were doing, really be expert at identifying fungus.

Also, not everyone would enjoy that type of hallucinogenic experience. A certain personality goes in for LSD etc: usually very liberal, artsy, unambitious, and unaggressive "hippy"-type guys. They will talk of Carlos Castenada (sp?) and how spiritual the "trip" was. Women sometimes try these chemicals, usually at a guy's insistence; but the users (JMO) are mainly guys. AM seems like a quiet type, who would not enjoy upset or anything unpredictable, since she spoke to MH's father of kissing her goodbye when she only believed MH would be separated from the group briefly. SS seems like the type of person who prefers to be in control at all times, as evidenced by her tendency to understatement and restraint in front of the media. JMO: They just don't come across as wild mushroom freaks.

However, MH may have met up with some other people, and separated from SS & AM ...

You may lean towards accident. Accident? OK. Cover up for accident, OK.

Photo #14 JMO is Morgan. Mighty strange coincidence that she has an accident on the same farm that someone who hated her apparently frequented.

Then 2 weeks later dress like Morgan at a party and chug em down like there is no tomorrow with zero remorse? Sorry, don't buy it.

Have we heard about this incident? Who dressed up as MH? Please fill us in.

Oh and don't forget a couple weeks after the Halloween party you drive to Cville and pose the tshirt near rowdy college off campus housing just before a big Morgan search. How convenient and horribly tragic the Love murder was

Not sure that they had to drive to C'ville. Or if YL case is linked.

I agree. They didn't have to be rocket scientists to know to pull the battery.

Are you seriously suggesting that MH was murdered by her girlfriends?

Some people think that AM & SS could know something ... sometimes people don't know what they know (if you know what I mean), but no one thinks they are the killers.

Link: regarding MH.

http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2009/10/29/cover-findMorgan-E.aspx

Music wall:
cover-musicWall.jpg

Pantera is the only contemporary band, and MH ranks them with Floyd & the Beatles. So, Pantera might symbolize her own rebellion. She may have used the Pantera tee to cover over a dressier top, because maybe she had been invited to meet some underground metal celebrity subletting incognito in that run-down student neighborhood. She leaves the tee there, and they toss it when they move out.

There was no stranger abduction (they are actually very rare).

I agree.

I think she was shot. I do not think she was raped and I think they found her boots and all her clothing with her - except the necklace.

She wasn't wearing the boots, though. Farmer Bass spoke of seeing her toes. There was a rumor that the boots and the jacket were found in separate locations like the tee. And, the tee we only found out about by accident apparently.

In fact, I seriously am doubting that she even wore the necklace and I think it may have disappeared from her jewelry box in her apartment thus the late info about it. I mean, she wouldn't need it NOW right? (little snark there :crazy:)

MH might have sold it herself beforehand. Was she short of money?

That's interesting. It's a long drive & if they were that scared they could have called the police.

From all the photos and anecdotes, we can get a feeling for her personality. MH does not come across as mean. So I don't get the hate. Why did these people hate her? Jealousy may have been a significant factor. And, perhaps also accessibility. The Manson victim, Sharon Tate, was known to be a bit careless about whom she invited as guests to visit her home.

I agree.

Like MH and Sharon Tate, however, the Bass family could have some acquaintances who are untrustworthy to say the least.

My responses in blue.

LE doesn't need to be pressured by the merely curious. There is no urgent need to release certain details.

The petition has nothing to do with LE. It is about JPJA and their safety/security issues.

Morgan Dana Harrington was abducted near or around the John Paul Jones Arena, a facility operated and maintained by The University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA. She was there that night for a Metallica concert. Months later, poor Morgan was discovered brutally murdered in a field on a farm in Albermale County, Virginia. As of the moment, Law Enforcement, Virginia State Police and the FBI have no suspects of POI's in custody.

By many witness accounts, Morgan was at JPJ arena the night on October 17, 2009, and at some point ended up outside the arena. One would think, with "state of the art" security in place, Ms. Harrington would have been captured on security video. Both the venue and law enforcement have told the public that there is no video of Ms. Harrington from the evening of October 17th.

We seek two outcomes for this petition:
1 - Explain why in such a state of the art facility there alledgedly is no video of Morgan Harrington.
2 - We request they (JPJ/UVA) release all the video from that night to the general public so we can view it and verify there is none of Morgan.

Thank you for your help.Morgan Dana Harrington was abducted near or around the John Paul Jones Arena, a facility operated and maintained by The University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA. She was there that night for a Metallica concert. Months later, poor Morgan was discovered brutally murdered in a field on a farm in Albermale County, Virginia. As of the moment, Law Enforcement, Virginia State Police and the FBI have no suspects of POI's in custody.

By many witness accounts, Morgan was at JPJ arena the night on October 17, 2009, and at some point ended up outside the arena. One would think, with "state of the art" security in place, Ms. Harrington would have been captured on security video. Both the venue and law enforcement have told the public that there is no video of Ms. Harrington from the evening of October 17th.

We seek two outcomes for this petition:
1 - Explain why in such a state of the art facility there alledgedly is no video of Morgan Harrington.
2 - We request they (JPJ/UVA) release all the video from that night to the general public so we can view it and verify there is none of Morgan.

Thank you for your help.We, the below, are concerned citizens, family and friends of Morgan Dana Harrington. The John Paul Jones arena and surrounding streets are the last places poor Morgan was ever seen alive. Many of us are stunned that no video has been found or released of Morgan at your arena. We seek answers as to why. If you insist there is no video, please allow the public a chance to view it. The more people who see your footage, the better chance we have at finding more answers in the case of Morgan's tragic disappearance and murder.

Sir or Madam, there is a dangerous, mad and vicious killer in your community. We only ask that you help us in providing as much information as you can to the public. By not offering an explanation, you are not letting us down. You are letting Morgan down. You are letting her family down. Most importantly, you are allowing more and more days to pass with a killer on the streets, thinking he has gotten away with this horrific act.

I hope you see our signatures below and realize that we are passionate. We do not blame your venue. We do not wish ill on your staff who followed protocol and enforced your no re-entry rule. We simply seek justice in Morgan's case, and hope that you will help in every way you can.

Our goals:
-To be offered an explanation as to how your state-of-the-art security system failed to capture a young woman who entered, exited, and wandered the grounds of your arena.
-To be offered an explanation of what sort of equipment your venue uses to help secure the grounds and keep your guests safe.
-If at all possible, we wish to help. Please release the video you have from 10/17/2009. Let us see it. Let us help you. Let us HELP FIND MORGAN.

She wasn't wearing the boots, though. Farmer Bass spoke of seeing her toes. There was a rumor that the boots and the jacket were found in separate locations like the tee. And, the tee we only found out about by accident apparently.

LE has never released what she was found with or with out. Even though Mr. Bass reported seeing toes, she still could have had her boots on. Weather and/or animals does could have explained the toes sighting.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/help-find-morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member