Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
once again great posting.i find it odd with all the pics surfacing of the nine partying etc.there have been no pics of the concert.just seems strange that these friends took no pics at least that is what we are being told.there has been a lot of suspicion of the friends from the very beginning.it would look a lot better for them to stage an abduction than to come clean if thats the case.one thing i have found odd is Dan driving three girls to a concert while his girlfriend stays at jmu.i have felt for a long time there is female involvement in this case and possibly a jealousy motive.i know a lot of people have said it would have been much easier to target her at home i dont agree.jmo

We haven't been told that the friends did not take any pics. There has been no mention of whether or not the friends took pics. I am of the opinion that if the friends took pics with either cameras or camera phones, LE took possession of them when they were interviewed.

That is one of the problems we websleuths are having - we haven't heard very much at all from the friends. I can't say as I blame them - every word or action thay have made so far has been examined under a microscope.

once again great posting.i find it odd with all the pics surfacing of the nine partying etc.there have been no pics of the concert.just seems strange that these friends took no pics at least that is what we are being told.there has been a lot of suspicion of the friends from the very beginning.it would look a lot better for them to stage an abduction than to come clean if thats the case.one thing i have found odd is Dan driving three girls to a concert while his girlfriend stays at jmu.i have felt for a long time there is female involvement in this case and possibly a jealousy motive.i know a lot of people have said it would have been much easier to target her at home i dont agree.jmo

Why

1. Drink
2. Have a party
3. Not be on "red alert" with one's personal security

if one's good friend gone missing while intoxicated two weeks previous???

Anywho, I would be interested in seeing the rest of the photos from the party and searches, because I think the photos we're seeing are showing the friends in the worst possible light. I'd like to see the rest of the photos in order to feel like I'm getting a more balanced portrayal of the friends.

Man, Sally -- if your theory turns out to be right -- my gosh -- I am really going to have to spend time wrapping my mind around the capacity of young people to destroy each other -- in the name of anger/jealousy/resentment/whatever....wow....not just the willingness to commit such an atrocity, but to then be so deceitful .... I know it does happen, but it's always far, far worse when the crime is committed by self described " best friends" -- whew.......

p.s. do you think this is why LE may be so quiet -- because, perhaps, they are quietly getting their ducks in a row and maybe still collecting evidence?

Sorry for the really long post. Trying to catch up. You guys have been busy. I really appreciate all of the questions. It helps us try to shoot down the theory. Gimme some more!
(Mods if this is too long or hijacking the thread, please feel free to do what you do best :blushing:)

[FONT=&amp]http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state_..._access/77832/

Quote from the above link: [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Quote:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]In the particular pasture where Harrington was found, the grass had been at least knee-high, Bass said. He saw the remains because he was on a tractor, several feet off the ground, he said.

Bass initially thought the body was a deer, but when he saw what appeared to be a human skull, along with fingers and toes, he knew he had to call police, he said.[/FONT]

Walker, I do not consider a media source any sort of excellent fact. In this case particularly the media – both internet blogs and MSM have misreported repeatedly. This statement by Bass above from wsls is not in quotes and is the ONLY source to have said anything about fingers and toes. I don’t believe it. Besides, she was completely skeletonized. At best he saw finger and toe BONES which are very small and not connected with any ligaments or tissue in a skeletonized body.

The photos are from Jesse Cantelope's Anchorage Farm album. Maybe you could ask someone else to pull them up for you on their log-in. Not sure why it asks you 2x though.

According to your theory, what was DC's role? And why didn't AM & SS show signs of having struggled with MH? Would every sighting that evening then be wrong? And how would AM & SS gain? Wouldn't the Harrintons have picked up bad vibes from AM, their daughter's roommate, if she were a killer?
I have seen these pictures. Morgan is not in them. I do know why I am asked 2X for my password.
I think DC rode to Cville with the girls to meet his girlfriend who was there for whatever reason. I think he may have attended the concert but with her and separate from Morgan and her friends.
The friends didn’t show signs of a struggle because a gun was used. I think she was shot in the left eye. Yes every sighting that evening was either incorrect or made up. Since you are unfamiliar with the Caylee Anthony case I will tell you that there were HUNDREDS of sightings that LE and the FBI pursued. NOT ONE SINGLE ONE was correct or true in the slightest way. If Caylee’s bones had not been found, they would still be chasing down these sightings. Here is some interesting info on the unreliability of eyewitnesses. By the way, what color shirt did you wear 3 days ago? How about your spouse or a friend? Sorry, eyewitnesses cannot do this with any accuracy.
This is wiki:
Eyewitness identification evidence is the leading cause of wrongful conviction in the United States. Of the more than 200 people exonerated by way of DNA evidence in the US, over 75% were wrongfully convicted on the basis of erroneous eyewitness identification evidence.[1] In England, the Criminal Law Review Committee, writing in 1971, stated that cases of mistaken identification "constitute by far the greatest cause of actual or possible wrong convictions".[2] Yet despite substantial anecdotal and scientific support for the proposition that eyewitness testimony is often unreliable, it is held in high regard by jurors in criminal trials, even when "far outweighed by evidence of innocence."[3] In the words of former US Supreme Court Justice William J. Brennan, there is "nothing more convincing [to a jury] than a live human being who takes the stand, points a finger at the defendant, and says 'That's the one!'"[4]

[url]http://writ.news.findlaw.com/dorf/20010516.html[/URL]
Snip:

At the same time, numerous psychological studies have shown that human beings are not very good at identifying people they saw only once for a relatively short period of time. The studies reveal error rates of as high as fifty percent — a frightening statistic given that many convictions may be based largely or solely on such testimony.
These studies show further that the ability to identify a stranger is diminished by stress (and what crime situation is not intensely stressful?), that cross-racial identifications are especially unreliable, and that contrary to what one might think, those witnesses who claim to be "certain" of their identifications are no better at it than everyone else, just more confident.

From Ladybug:
I am one who firmly believes that all aspects should be explored. So without sounding dense, I have trouble piecing together the friends are the killers’ aspect. Who knew Jenny Bass and Jesse Cantelope? (If the girl seen in the drawing was in fact Morgan). Who knew Anchorage Farms? I agree that her friends could have been jealous of Morgan. Most girls are at some point or another. Who went back to C’ville to plant the shirt? Can any of her friends be tied to the LAX player that turned in Morgan’s purse the following morning? Who would have thought to take the shirt from her purse, before she was even reported missing? Which one of the friends owns a gun?

Very good questions Ladybug. So far the only connection I can find to AF is the mushrooms. I don’t know if Morgan or the friends knew JB or JC. The shirt was found 3 days prior to a big planned and highly publicized search. I am thinking SS planted it but no way to be sure. No, her friends can’t be tied to the LAX player that turned in MH’s purse the next day that I can find. Who would have thought to take the shirt from her purse, before she was even reported missing? She had a bag of clothes in her car. Remember Gil talking about taking it out and repacking it with comfortable clothes to take with her to the police station when they find her? If Morgan changed shirts, she would have put it back in that bag – in the car – right side out – with her DNA on it. I have no idea which friends own a gun. Lots of people own guns, have family with guns, can get their hands on a gun fairly easily.

Not sure why, but it seems like she did not in fact spend the two previous years at VTech. Do you know for a fact that she never switched colleges?

No I don't know for a fact that she never switched colleges but do know for a fact she changed high schools her senior year. That would be pretty difficult and most schools will work around it for the kid's sake. I wonder what the complete reason was?

once again great posting.i find it odd with all the pics surfacing of the nine partying etc.there have been no pics of the concert.just seems strange that these friends took no pics BINGO! at least that is what we are being told.there has been a lot of suspicion of the friends from the very beginning.it would look a lot better for them to stage an abduction than to come clean if thats the case.one thing i have found odd is Dan driving three girls to a concert while his girlfriend stays at jmu. See other post - I think he was meeting his girlfriend in Cville to go to the concert - i have felt for a long time there is female involvement in this case and possibly a jealousy motive.i know a lot of people have said it would have been much easier to target her at home i dont agree. Me either, I agree also.jmo

I can't seem to come up with the motive but I do agree it's jealousy for some reason.

Morgan Harrington’s parents worry public becoming complacent
By Ted Strong | Media General News Service
Published: June 18, 2010

The parents of Morgan D. Harrington, the woman killed sometime after leaving a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia in October, are worried that people are growing complacent.

“We keep coming to Charlottesville because we’re concerned for the community,“ said her mother, Gil Harrington. “Nothing else can happen to us. Our daughter has already been killed. But there are other young women there.“

The Virginia State Police continue to give the family weekly updates that are cautiously optimistic, Morgan Harrington’s father, Dan, said.

Lots more at link...
http://www2.starexponent.com/cse/ne...rents_worry_public_becoming_complacent/59361/

We haven't been told that the friends did not take any pics. There has been no mention of whether or not the friends took pics. I am of the opinion that if the friends took pics with either cameras or camera phones, LE took possession of them when they were interviewed.

That is one of the problems we websleuths are having - we haven't heard very much at all from the friends. I can't say as I blame them - every word or action thay have made so far has been examined under a microscope.

One of the early LE interviews had a statement from LE that said something to the effect of "we would like MH's friends to be more forthcoming with information...". I will go look in my notes for it and the source. I honestly don't think LE has sat these girls down face to face for any interviews. They may have talked once to them by telephone but I believe one then both lawyered up.

In the Caylee Anthony case it took SEVEN months before LE could get the interview with one of Casey's friends because she retained an attorney. Sadly I suspect that the phones and/or cameras these girls had are long gone by now.

I beg to differ about the microscope note. I don't think any forum or boards have fairly examined the friends. I do realize their partying photos made them look bad. Maybe they should have thought about that before posting them publicly. In the Anthony case (and others), everyone in the case was examined - everyone with no exceptions. No one is above suspicion. I don't think we are being fair to Morgan or our own investigation (of sorts lol) by not looking everywhere including these friends.

Why

1. Drink
2. Have a party
3. Not be on "red alert" with one's personal security

if one's good friend gone missing while intoxicated two weeks previous???

Anywho, I would be interested in seeing the rest of the photos from the party and searches, because I think the photos we're seeing are showing the friends in the worst possible light. I'd like to see the rest of the photos in order to feel like I'm getting a more balanced portrayal of the friends.

Working on a photobucket.

Unfortunately I don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other, so I don't know how out of place my question will sound.

Anyways, what if LE does have video surveillance from inside/around the arena and they aren't releasing it (or saying anything about it) because it is, or might be, important to the investigation. I don't really know how this fits in with anyone's theories, or if perhaps LE has even said something to indicate that this cannot be a possibility.

Just throwing it out there to see what you guys think.

ETA: Obviously LE sometimes tells mistruths if it will help them.

Man, Sally -- if your theory turns out to be right -- my gosh -- I am really going to have to spend time wrapping my mind around the capacity of young people to destroy each other -- in the name of anger/jealousy/resentment/whatever....wow....not just the willingness to commit such an atrocity, but to then be so deceitful .... I know it does happen, but it's always far, far worse when the crime is committed by self described " best friends" -- whew.......

Two good short reads: (but steel yourselves, it's awful. Also, remember the movie "Mean Girls"?)
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-6202062-504083.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Shanda_Sharer

p.s. do you think this is why LE may be so quiet -- because, perhaps, they are quietly getting their ducks in a row and maybe still collecting evidence?

Yes. They only get one shot at this and making it stick. I think with how difficult it will be or has been in getting evidence they will present to a grand jury to be sure they have a viable case. We are hoping for arrests around the beginning of the school year as we watch this case based on the meeting dates of the grand jury in Albermarle County.

Unfortunately I don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other, so I don't know how out of place my question will sound.

Anyways, what if LE does have video surveillance from inside/around the arena and they aren't releasing it (or saying anything about it) because it is, or might be, important to the investigation. I don't really know how this fits in with anyone's theories, or if perhaps LE has even said something to indicate that this cannot be a possibility.

I think it's very likely that LE has video they haven't mentioned, and have talked to people we don't know about, and have lots of information that's never been made public.

Appreciate your objectivity LLL! I suppose anything is possible and I may be completely wrong but this snip from a VSP statement from 10/22/09 seems to me to say there is nothing on the video. I would think MH even picking her nose would be relevant! LOL.

Release # 42 Date 10/22/09

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]More than 100 tips have been received as of Wednesday afternoon (Oct. 21). Investigators have reviewed surveillance video from the arena and businesses within the immediate area. At this time, the videos reveal nothing relevant to the investigation. [/FONT]

From Walker:

How could the site do any harm?
LE knowing the Harrington’s post on a site and answer questions to the internet sleuthers of the world would make them hesitate to give information that they would like to give the parents IMO. LE might be concerned that it would leak out accidentally in their attempts to answer questions or in their conversations with other internet folks.
But aren't you basically questioning LE's entire timeline and all the confirmed sightings?
Yes and no. I don’t think we ever received LE’s entire timeline. We all know LE 101 is begin the timeline at the last verifiable sighting. Immediate company (friends) should not be the beginning of the timeline unless those friends are officially “cleared”. LE has not said that anyone at all has been cleared. I would think the complete timeline begins at the 2PM call to dad from JMU by Morgan. Verified by phone records.
Confirmed sightings: Like you posted before I think LE calls 2 or more similar sightings confirmed HOWEVER, every LE statement I have seen or read states “a young woman resemblingMH…”. I cannot stress this enough. Resembling is not the same word as “identified as MH…”. DS resembled Morgan and I am pretty sure there were more than just 2 pretty blondes in black at this concert and in the area.
But couldn't DS figure out the scheme? Wouldn't she have noticed that her ticket was for section 312 --- and realized ...
I’m thinking she did. Buying tickets for a section and getting to the floor is not difficult. Happens all the time. I think she figured out the scheme later when LE got in touch with her and that may be why we hear nothing from her.
From MLE [FONT=&quot]Is AM high in the photos?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You know, I never really noticed how red her eyes are but I am guessing yes as I have seen last Christmas photos of her in a nice gray sweater dress with a belt. The belt buckle was a pot leaf. I will try to set up a photobucket with what I have. Good catch MLE.[/FONT]

Last post I swear :innocent:

I have some questions for you all:

1. Complacency. The Harrington's seem very concerned about the citizens of Cville becoming complacent that there is a killer on the loose. Why was there never a warning issued or any statement made by LE? Were they worried about a panic? Or could it be that the killer(s) aren't IN Cville and they know it?

2. Why did the friends wait for MH after the concert if they thought she was ok?

3. If they thought she was OK, why didn't they go meet up with DS and friends?

4. How did they think she was going to get inside any apartment in Blacksburg OR Harrisonburg if they had her keys?

5. What the heck does BBM mean?

The party photos remind me an awful lot of the partying that Casey Anthony did after her daughter went missing. Celebration?

From day one, it has been weird that they claimed "she said she would get a ride home." I don't know any women who would go to an event together and then abandon their friend to whoever was in the parking lot. They don't even claim that she said, "I see Jack from our dorm and he's headed back so I'm going to get a ride."

Every woman I know would say, "Stay put until we can get you." Or "let's call your parents." Or "I'm not that into it, I'll come out and go with you."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member