Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A possible scenario is that he lives a transient lifestyle -- crashing at different locales, while supporting himself by dealing drugs. He may or may not be a local to that area (C'ville), but he is familiar with the highways and byways of it -- just like he's familiar with Fairfax - and - possibly - other college towns such as Fredericksburg, Harrisonburg, Blacksburg. The people who the police suspect may be "sheltering him" would be his cohorts -- his cronies -- who may well suspect or even know he is the murderer -- but who are too afraid to come forward because they will either incriminate themselves, or, be found guilty of various criminal activities themselves -- thus the code of silence.

Hopefully the police are looking at similar crimes in these and surrounding areas -- where this wicked man has been stalking his prey and then satisfying his lust for sadistic, murderous sex and violence.

Just making guesses here --

I thought about him being a transient too...but one with a vehicle or access to a vehicle. I wouldn't think he'd use public transporation to have taken MH from the JPJ to the farm approx 10 miles away and I find it hard to fathom that he could have made her walk all that way.

My thought about him was that he was someone who picked up vehicles for others - maybe through auctions, or rental cars, or a dealer who buys/sells/trades vehicles.

Or he could be a drug runner...

But I would think he would have to have some kind of occupation that would be relatively safe that would not draw attention to him being here and there - if that's the case (of going back and forth between Fairfax & C'ville and possibly other places)

Other thought is maybe that he works as some type of courier for a firm that has business offices in different locations (maybe runs paperwork or delivers office supplies from a main office to the satellite offices).

I thought about him being a transient too...but one with a vehicle or access to a vehicle. I wouldn't think he'd use public transporation to have taken MH from the JPJ to the farm approx 10 miles away and I find it hard to fathom that he could have made her walk all that way.

My thought about him was that he was someone who picked up vehicles for others - maybe through auctions, or rental cars, or a dealer who buys/sells/trades vehicles.

Or he could be a drug runner...

But I would think he would have to have some kind of occupation that would be relatively safe that would not draw attention to him being here and there - if that's the case (of going back and forth between Fairfax & C'ville and possibly other places)

Other thought is maybe that he works as some type of courier for a firm that has business offices in different locations (maybe runs paperwork or delivers office supplies from a main office to the satellite offices).

That kind of person could be living out of his car.

I don't think anyone supects this guy, the reward for info is too big.
The Harrington family has offered a $100,000 reward for her return or information leading to the arrest of anyone involved in her disappearance. Metallica has added another $50,000 in reward money.

Good point, Collette. There have been a few cases in which large rewards were offered and no takers. One example is Chandra Levy. The alleged perpetrator was apparently part of a gang. Some of his fellow gang members may have known abuot his crimes -- but -- no one ever stepped forward to give info for the reward money-- why not?

On an entirely separate note, I don't think the Levy case is or ever has been handled in a completely honest, fully truthful way. Another subject for another day -- if ever.

A possible scenario is that he lives a transient lifestyle -- crashing at different locales, while supporting himself by dealing drugs. He may or may not be a local to that area (C'ville), but he is familiar with the highways and byways of it -- just like he's familiar with Fairfax - and - possibly - other college towns such as Fredericksburg, Harrisonburg, Blacksburg. The people who the police suspect may be "sheltering him" would be his cohorts -- his cronies -- who may well suspect or even know he is the murderer -- but who are too afraid to come forward because they will either incriminate themselves, or, be found guilty of various criminal activities themselves -- thus the code of silence.

Hopefully the police are looking at similar crimes in these and surrounding areas -- where this wicked man has been stalking his prey and then satisfying his lust for sadistic, murderous sex and violence.

Just making guesses here --

The group could be somehow related to the drugs & music scene, and live on the road and rent cheap sublets off the books. They have large amounts of cash to spend, but they are not rich. Possibly one or more attended UVA. At least one of them seemed trustworthy to MH; maybe a (former) graduate student.

The guy in the sketch could be a (former) foreign graduate student, and his motive in the 2005 attack may have rage at a gf who was too "Western" in her ways. Possibly they are both from one of the African nations which have significant communities of people of Indian Muslim descent; for example, Zambia.

New article:

The killer "likely has strong ties to both Charlottesville and Northern Virginia, where he attacked another woman in 2005.
"He has some nexus," retired FBI profiler Gregg McCrary said in a recent phone interview. "He strikes where he is comfortable, in his own territory."

Virginia State Police announced earlier this month that they'd found a definite forensic link between the October 2009 disappearance and death of 20-year-old Morgan Harrington and the September 2005 abduction and sexual assault of a 26-year-old woman in Fairfax city.

Investigators won't say what that link is, but Harrington's parents have said it was a DNA database hit.

http://www2.insidenova.com/isn/news/local/article/a_killer_among_us/61090/

security with ties to LE

cosmo44, I have never posted on Morgan's thread (I try to limit my posting to 4 or 5 threads at a time) but I read here every day.

Your post brought me out of lurkdom because you and I are on the same page. This has been my 'gut' feeling about the perp in Morgan's case from the beginning.

I wonder if AF hires a security person for events held on the grounds?

Hi everyone, I am always amazed at the discussion going on here. I am glad to finally post.

Prayers for Morgan's family and friends and also for LE working on this case. Hoping for an arrest sooner than later!

wm

security with ties to LE

Do you mean JPJ security who were on-duty that night?

MH reportedly had numerous bad interactions with people outside the arena that night from 8:40pm until about 9:00pm. Of course, not any one of these accounts is necessarily true, but she could have angered a mentally-fragile security guard enough to motivate him to seek violent revenge. However, the enraged guard would probably have trouble enlisting the help of any other guards in a cover-up that same night while they were still at work.

Plus, if the guard (or someone else) confronted MH in the vicinity of the arena, his DNA would likely be on the tee shirt. He would then be foolish to leave the tee on a public street. That's why JMO she was lured to some other place first, maybe a small gathering in the student neighborhood, and later abducted.

:nerves:: This case is driving me absolutly nuts! I can't believe that nothing has come from the sketch that was released. I check this forum every single day, and nothing.

Such a terrible thing to happen in such a beautiful place!

What caught my attention are his eyes, and the fact that he has worked for UPS. Can I assume they have already tested and compared his DNA to Morgan's killer?

excerpt from article:

Maryland police say Jason Thomas Scott is a "serial killer" with the blood of at least five women on his hands.

Tuesday the former UPS worker was indicted in the murder of two of those women.

What caught my attention are his eyes, and the fact that he has worked for UPS. Can I assume they have already tested and compared his DNA to Morgan's killer?

excerpt from article:

Maryland police say Jason Thomas Scott is a "serial killer" with the blood of at least five women on his hands.

Tuesday the former UPS worker was indicted in the murder of two of those women.

The sketch & JTS do resemble each other. Afaik, JTS was a sorter with UPS not a route driver but that doesn't rule him out, jmo

He looks like Lafayette on True Blood to me! MOO

They state that he has been in custody for a year.
............SNIPPED............
"CBS News National Correspondent Whit Johnson said 27-year-old Jason Thomas Scott has been behind bars for the last year on federal gun and sex charges."

Morgan didn't dissappear until October 17 of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove