Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
postponed to 10:45, anyone out there watching?

HLN is saying they'll broadcast it as well! Unless they mean they'll summarize. Argh!

I can get to the site but video will not stream here at work.
:(

I think she was there and went back out because a concert security guard remembers her trying to get back and he turned her away because of the policy. At least I think this has been confirmed by LE. Not 100% sure though.

Are there camera's around the arena parking lot and inside? I thought I read the arena didn't have cameras.

I don't GET this. are you telling me it's now the policy of arenas NOT to allow for smokers to step outside and then step back in? That sucks if so. But BEYOND that, her friends make it sound as if she was completly non-chalant about not being able to get back in. Again, this makes ZERO SENSE if we are to believe her parents that she purchased the tickets 6 months in advance and it was THE event she was living for........

Again, my gut tells me she was secrectly meeting a "boy" at the event. Only he wasn't who she thought he was, and thus........her demise.....

I thought I'd throw out another idea ... I'm not sure enough on the time-line and who saw here where and when, so play along with me.

Morgan isn't feeling well; she goes to the bathroom right before Metallica starts (right?); since the main band is about to start, everybody is rushing into the center of the arena, leaving the hallways/bathrooms/smoking area fairly empty. She meets some bad guy, who offers to buy her a beer, and laces it with 'something.' As they wander around the fairly deserted hallways and bathrooms, she is getting more and more groggy/confused and he forces her outside, via one of the less-used doors. At this point, the fresh air helps he come-to a wee bit and she is fighting mad (thus her yelling at people), she tries to get back in (she can't, and bad guy knows it), so it's like shooting a wild animal with a tranquilizer dart and watching them slow down until they collapse. At that point, he swoops in, becomes her 'concerned boyfriend' and helps steer her away from the building. She's gone.

So, to reiterate, maybe she didn't go outside the arena on purpose, as we have all assumed and questioned.

Thoughts?
That could happen. It's not impossible. Though imo he would have to have some very accurate idea of who is on the other side of the door. Otherwise the risk is not worth the gain to him. Iow, if there were people around on the outside when he "helped" her, (dragged her, carried her) out the door, he could claim to onlookers, "My silly girl -cant hold her booze." BUT that would be SO MEMORABLE to onlookers he couldnt risk that.

So for it to work, he'd have to know that no one, or close to no one, (but it only takes one) would see him if she were passed out and he was getting her out the door. If she were still able to walk, maybe she and the perp would be less noticeable. But if she's able to walk, then she's probably able to struggle and scream or make some kind of distress noise to onlookers.

But that scenario would cover one thing that really has me stumped... the going outside part. If someone is doing something that "they'd never do" that is a clue that didnt' do it by choice. She was not a novice concert-goer AFAIK so she likely knew she coudlnt get back in before she left. She likely knew there were designated smoking areas. That again points to the call to the friends.

Do we believe the friends?

Is there proof to help us believe the friends? phone records/texts

If your scenario happened, that leaves us with the friends not telling the truth about the seemingly lucid (not distressed) phone message, "from outside." I say "message" b/c we dont know if it was text or spoken. (Then if it's text, how do we KNOW that Morgan was the one actually texting it?)

To me, the message itself is odd. "I'll get a ride OR I'll meet you at the car." ODD. OTOH, if it's text, the phone company could retrieve it as proof ..(?)

And why attmept a spoken call (if they did - IDK) in an arena when the text option is available?

That message still just totally FLOORS ME>

I have had a HUGE problem with the "I"ll get a ride OR meet you at the car" bit since "day one." [/TM Cindy Anthony)

Supposedly a doorman recalls her attmept to get back in, but that is debatable. So many things have been mis-reported. IDK.

HLN- UPDATE-

LE: this update was updated within the past 30 minutes......

someone matching Morgan's description was noted on the outside of the arena....

and now HLN went to another story....I'm confussed.....

are they coming back to it??? I dunno.........

On FB they said they are saying the phone communication was a "conversation" and confirmed outside the arena at 8:48pm is this right?

It's on now.. will post updates

Do you understand? I heard them say that this update was "updated" within the past 30 minutes. Then they said Morgan was seen outside of the arena. then they moved onto another story. I don't get it...do you?

from FB

8:20-8:30pm was outside enterance, 8:30-8:48pm outside arena on side facing UHall, spoke to friends about finding a ride home rom friends in c-ville at 8:48. 8:48-9pm witnesses observed her in the area on the exterior. No indications she reentered. Up to 9:10pm walking through UHall parking area, no one can confirm if ...she was alone but there were other people around. 9:10-9:20pm was in lanigan field parking area, next to coakley street bridge, limited interactions. 9:20pm those who encountered her left, no idication she left with them.Read more

- Purpose of presser: we know we do not have the info. the community will help resolve the case. Wants to enhance memory of the public.

TIMELINE has been updated as of the last 30 minutes according to the speaker:
- 820pm - 830 pm: someone matching her desc. was on the exterior of the arena in several locations. Would have seen her in the entrance area or on the side of the building that faces University Hall
- 830 - 848pm : someone matching her desc based on witnesses was outside of the arena (
- 848pm: did have phone conversation initiated by friend to check on her. Said she was outside the arena. Friend offered suggestion on how to re-enter. Morgan said she would try to get a ride home from friends in Charlottesville as she could not be readmitted
- 848 - 900pm: still in the area of the arena, but on the exterior. No credible info that she re-entered the arena.
- 900 - 910pm: someone matching her desc walking w. a black purse through the Univeristy Hall parking area. While she was walking, no one can confirm that she actually was with someone but she was around other people in that vicinity, who were
-910-920pm: someone matching her desc was in the Lannigan Field parking area, adjacent to the track. Limited interaction with individuals. They do not know who else she has talked to between the arena and Lannigan Field
- 920pm: missed this part because of a ringing phone, dang it
- 920 - 930pm: matching her desc on Tocum St bridge near the intersection of Ivy Rd. Last confirmed desc.

ETA: Sorry! Didn't realize someone else was posting it :)

WTF?! That timeline makes ZERO sense! Its like she went to movies within walking distance of her house,went outside theatre & couldnt get in so she walked home......thats how casual they make it seem when its NOT the case! This was a big event in her life.Shed been planning it for 6 months AND it necessitated a road trip ! She wouldnt just leave knowing she couldnt get back in(& you know she knew that!) & why wouldnt see leave with who she came with! Why werent her friends concerned?Something is wrong........either LE is REALLY holding back or her friends/family are.

News conference, this is what I heard

Purpose: do not have all the information in community to resolve case. Enhance the opportunity to refresh memory

What happened outside the arena

Answers are around here, info however trivial, contact us

Updated timeline, last 30 minutes

Folks outside arena, community

8:20-8:30 someone matching MH outside … area near entrance, ticket booth

8:30-8:48 Side of building facing U-hall

8:48 Phone conversation, initiated by friend, offered advice to get back in; try to get a ride home with friends in Cville

8:48-9:00 Still in the area
No credible info she reentered JPJ

9:00-9:10 Walking with a black purse – U-hall parking area, not walking with anyone

9:10-9:20 Lanigan field parking – track and bridge, limited interaction with witnesses

9:20 Individuals who encountered MH left in vehicles
Believe there are other people who should have seen MH in the parking area

9:20-9:30 on Copeley bridge towards Ivy Rd … Last sighting

Somewhere out there is someone who saw her …

Fairly accurate timeline

Did you see MH stop a vehicle or get into a vehicle …

Purse black: two straps converts to backpack … purse was located at Lanigan field overflow parking area. Immediately adjacent to the Copeley bridge.

- Purpose of presser: we know we do not have the info. the community will help resolve the case. Wants to enhance memory of the public.

TIMELINE has been updated as of the last 30 minutes according to the speaker:
- 820pm - 830 pm: someone matching her desc. was on the exterior of the arena in several locations. Would have seen her in the entrance area or on the side of the building that faces University Hall
- 830 - 848pm : someone matching her desc based on witnesses was outside of the arena (
- 848pm: did have phone conversation initiated by friend to check on her. Said she was outside the arena. Friend offered suggestion on how to re-enter. Morgan said she would try to get a ride home from friends in Charlottesville as she could not be readmitted
- 848 - 900pm: still in the area of the arena, but on the exterior. No credible info that she re-entered the arena.
- 900 - 910pm: someone matching her desc walking w. a black purse through the Univeristy Hall parking area. While she was walking, no one can confirm that she actually was with someone but she was around other people in that vicinity, who were
-910-920pm: someone matching her desc was in the Lannigan Field parking area, adjacent to the track. Limited interaction with individuals. They do not know who else she has talked to between the arena and Lannigan Field
- 920pm: missed this part because of a ringing phone, dang it
- 920 - 930pm: matching her desc on Tocum St bridge near the intersection of Ivy Rd. Last confirmed desc.

ETA: Sorry! Didn't realize someone else was posting it :)

excellent! thank you for this :blowkiss:

wow you're fast

Yeah. I know we've heard about Morgan and her 2 or 3 friends. But now we hear there were 9 others and a guy along with them? :waitasec: Grant it, the 9 obviously didn't drive there with the others. But still, they were there and obviously a part of their group.

You'd think they could get out simple info such as, how many of them there were in their group.

THAT many people and not ONE walked her to the bathroom?

they are just referring to "the nine" b/c its what the called their group of friends they were not all at the concert with her.

As I am listening to this live, here is the gist:

Between 8:20 and 8:30 someone matching MH's description was confirmed on the exterior of JPJ at several locations, most likely in the area where you would enter or purchase tickets or on the side of the building where you would face University Hall.

From 8:30 to 8:48 we are confident that she was outside.

At 8:48 she did have a phone conversation initiated by her friend which confirms she was outside and they offered suggestions on ways to get in. At that point she said she would try to get a ride home from friends in Charlottesville.

From 8:48 to about 9:00 we have witnesses who say someone matching her description was on the outside. We currently have no credible information that she re-entered the arena.

From 9:00 to about 9:10 p.m. she was seen walking with a black purse through the University Hall parking area. While she was walking no one can confirm that she was with anyone, but she was around other people who were in the vicinity walking in the same direction.

Between 9:10 and 9:20 we can confirm that someone matching M.H.'s description was in the Lannigan (?) Field parking area.

At 9:20, the individuals who encountered M.H. in the Lannigan Field parking area left in vehicles. Currently, there is no information that she left with them. We believe that there are other people in the vicinity either parking or on foot who should have seen M.H. and we need them to step forward.

At 9:30 (approx.) someone fitting M.H.'s description was seen on the Copeley Street bridge near Ivy Road. The last confirmed sighting of someone matching her description was at that location.

The purse was black and had two straps so it could be worn as a backpack. She had it when walking through the parking lot near U Hall. The purse was found in the Lannigan Field parking lot, overflow parking for events and for R.V.s, adjacent to the Copeley Street bridge, near the railroad tracks and a heavily traveled area.

Again, a plea for anyone who might have seen anything after 9:30 to come forward.

Hope this helps!

Seems even more crazy not to plaster the town with posters! So many people have left the area and scattered to the 4-corners of Virginia ... Metallica website and other social networking websites DO seem to be the best way to reach concert goers but to reach the Cville and UVa communities, posters on every light pole and door seem to be a better mechanism ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove