Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
found this on description of stadium, posted oct.18, 2009. interesting perspective.
"My most important advice--get there early! We attended a rock concert there recently. We got within one mile of the arena, then hit heavy traffic. It took us 45 minutes to travel that one remaining mile! Traffic was chaotic as people cut off others, made right turns from left lanes, etc. We saw no local police to help the traffic situation, although two patrol cars were parked at a Taco Bell. So, if your event starts at 7:00, plan to arrive by 6:00 at the absolute latest. The arena has no large-screen televisions (jumbotrons). Our seats were in the lower part of the upper deck; there were no ushers, so there were lots of folks milling about trying to find the correct row and seat numbers. View was good until some folks decided to stand in the aisles and platform areas. Again, no ushers to control the crowds or to enforce the no smoking rules. Restroom facilities were no where near large enough for the crowd present. This arena will not be my first choice in attending future events."

It's always funny to me how different people can have such different experiences at the same place. I have always thought that the traffic at JPJ was managable when we attended events. Now, I am an early bird so we always got there at least 30 minutes prior to the event, but still there were lots of LE (mostly UVA LE) and traffic seemed to flow pretty good. There were ushers that showed us to our seats and I noticed them asking people to move along a couple of times. As a smoker - I easily found the area to smoke and the bathrooms were crowded, but I expected that (there were 15,000 people in the place, duh!). I love JPJ and as I said before I have always felt safe there. This has shaken me to my core.

The only time I have seen traffic unbearable was when the Stones and U2 were in town, but those concerts were in the stadium and not JPJ. And the stadium...is an entirely different situation.

bolded by me. interesting, the spottings of her were in the area and according to this person area was very crowded so maybe more will come forward.
why did she need to go out to smoke?doesnt sound like tuff security to me. fishy how she couldnt get back in.
I can see how security would not let her back in (unfair), but it happens all the time. Most of the security (mho and not to offend anyone) at events whether football or shows can be bullies.

However, I can't quite understand her leaving the show before it even gets started.

SAM-thanks for the info and the pic of the creepy bridge. so, can someone tell me why it took 42minutes for her to go from jpj to the bridge? she must hav been on the fone w/ someone, or the limited interactions were not limited. i think she was headed to the shopping center and something made her switch to the bridge...normally people walk faster in the cold. and just b/c she was last seen on the bridge doesnt mean she didnt find some friends right? again i have to wonder about the paperlady--was the academic village spotting far from there? how can someone have the stamina to stay awake for so long, on such a long day and not b tired? one of the witnesses must b confused or misleading LE...maybe. were the interviews by fone only? or in person? need a poly anyone? that bridge makes me think of the metallica song..enter sandman is it?

Man, I keep thinking that Morgan RAN AWAY. Do you think it's possible?

And how come, I have never seen her mom cry on camera. I think that's weird to me.

I heard her saying Morgan's name over and over in somewhat of a forceful voice - asking her for any information that she could give her. While doing this, I could hear my friend shuffling the cards. This must have taken roughly 5 minutes. She began talking and I began typing...

An elaboration on the reading? I'm sure she would have no problem in doing that. Is there anything specific (with one or more of the cards) that you would like more information on?

bbm

Thanks; I don't want to "hog-up" :) - this person's time, but if she and you dont mind.... it's these 3 parts? (Well, probably more, but mainly these three for starters?) tia

Next card - issue over money - someone trying to help her to get what she needed, but didn't quite make it. This has to do with another female. Both seem to be striving for the same - working together, but the help either just wasn't good enough or didn't come in time.

Next card is a card of breaking down - anger, rage caused either by herself or another, but this seems to be caused by another female. Injury to one - downfall of one - loss to one. World turned upside down and cracked/broken. MH may have been the one to set these events on course or to start them, but it was finished by another. Could have caused great embarrassment, jealousy, rage, injury in which MH could have run away from - which set other events into motion.

Last card - Offending female - Someone who dyes their hair - not natural colored - completely opposite. This female dresses more for the professional world and not that of a college student. Female appears somewhat older than her years. Prefers to wear earthy tones. Is quite precise in her diction and uses as few words as possible to get her point across - which she is able to do very well. She appears to be rather tall - taller than average or the persona she gives off she sees herself bigger - ego thing. Quite striking in looks, prominent nose (but proportioned) and pouty lips. Medium blue or hazel eyes.

I can see how security would not let her back in (unfair), but it happens all the time. Most of the security (mho and not to offend anyone) at events whether football or shows can be bullies.

However, I can't quite understand her leaving the show before it even gets started.

i can understand security not letting her back in, but i was referencing that persons description of the venue. this person made it sound like there was the lack of.

SAM-thanks for the info and the pic of the creepy bridge. so, can someone tell me why it took 42minutes for her to go from jpj to the bridge? she must hav been on the fone w/ someone, or the limited interactions were not limited. i think she was headed to the shopping center and something made her switch to the bridge...normally people walk faster in the cold. and just b/c she was last seen on the bridge doesnt mean she didnt find some friends right? again i have to wonder about the paperlady--was the academic village spotting far from there? how can someone have the stamina to stay awake for so long, on such a long day and not b tired? one of the witnesses must b confused or misleading LE...maybe. were the interviews by fone only? or in person? need a poly anyone? that bridge makes me think of the metallica song..enter sandman is it?

We don't know it was Morgan on that bridge. Pure speculation. Something somebody "thought they saw".

Funny about all these sightings when even her parents could not be sure it it was or was not her in that video of a young blonde woman up on the stage.
The actual woman came forward and said "it was me, not Morgan".

Once again we know only three things;

Morgan had a ticket to go to the concert.

Her purse and cell phone minus battery was found in the RV parking area.

She has not been seen or heard from since a week ago Tuesday.

Other than the above..strickly speculation. No pictures, no phone records, no friends that know her have come forward and said "yes she was at the concert". Strange, very strange.

a week ago tuesday...wasnt that the 20th? wasnt the concert the 17th? did i miss something?

Man, I keep thinking that Morgan RAN AWAY. Do you think it's possible?

I think this is a very real possibility. Here's my reasoning:

1) If someone were out for a quick abduction, I don't think they would risk getting caught (or their victim escaping) by taking the time to remove a battery from a cell phone. Some phones are hard to open & require a coin or good, strong fingernail. Also, why leave something behind with their fingerprints all over it? Too much left behind is almost like it was planted.

2) Drunk, on drugs, or whatever, I doubt she would have gone so far as to leave that "safety zone" of the parking area and head for a darker area. She sounds intelligent enough to at least sit in the car where she could recharge her cell battery & make calls. Why go further away from a safe spot, even if its a car? She sounds too smart to not have stopped at some point, turned around and gone back for a car key (at the very least).

3)If she were my child, and these were the only clues left behind, I'd be checking to see if she headed out of town with some band groupies for a little holiday.

4)Having said all that, if someone has been coming to that concert arena in the hopes of abducting someone, then they have most likely been hanging around (and been noticed) the place for a while. And their fingerprints may be all over that phone & purse. Just voicing my thoughts though.

Here's my take on everything so far. The whole situation to me seems odd. First the friends, I know we aren't to blame the friends and I'm not I'm just observing the fact that as we know it, they wish to not be interviewed and this could be very well be LE doesn't want them to, but that's something I don't know for sure. The mother already speaks of her in past tense, and is showing little to no emotion. Do you think she knows more than shes saying too, but won't say anything because LE said not to or she's in fear of hurting the case? I'm definitely not saying it's her fault in anyway. I know she loves her daughter, you can just tell.
I also know that with the more secrets that come or the less that's being said, I find that it will be hard to find her with the little we have to go on. When I say we I mean the public. I know for LE it's a hard call to make, but when things start to grow colder don't you think there is a point where you draw the line and let things be known?

I am still wondering if MH ever made it to the concert... We still don't know anything about anything. The press conference today was a joke. All that came out was a friend called her cellphone to find out what happened to her. (I suppose that has been confirmed by the LE...) I find that odd in itself. If I were stuck outside, in the cold, with my purse and without my keys to MY CAR... I would have been blowing up my friends' cellphones. Why did a "friend" have to call her? There are no pics of her at the concert, her personal possessions seemed to have just been dropped off. The friends leave in her car and go home without a care in the world. All of this is so very strange...

I also agree with all the posters who say the parents actions are odd. The lack of emotion is strange. I hope she did take off and is okay. However, I still believe the "friends" hold the key to what has happened to MH.

AM I totally missing something here? I have seen several posts asking the same questions and stating the same things over and over, all of which I was under the impression have been answered in earlier posts and in the news articles. If I am wrong, please let me know.

1) She was NOT allowed to re-enter the Concert because the venue has a NO RE-ENRTY policy. This also means that her friends could NOT have left to give her any money, car keys, ticket stubs etc. because once they would have exited the venue, they too would not have been allowed to re-enter.

2) There was contact between Dana and her friends via phone (whether it be by call or text) where she stated that she could NOT re-enter the venue. Who said what exactly is just our speculation at this point.

3) There are no ACTUAL confirmed sightings of Morgan AFTER she ended up immediately outside the venue just after she went to the restrooms. The later 'sightings' of her that are being mentions are of "someone fitting her description"... this does not mean they are actually of her (and I hate to say it, but having been to several concerts in my time of bands with their own select following, those at the concert can sometimes look VERY similiar, down to hair, make up, and dress styles- geez my NKOTB days are haunting me again.)

The links below are where I got the above information.

http://www.findmorgan.com/news.htm

http://www.c-ville.com/index.php?cat=1991704080566501&act=post&pid=12032810093707903

I just keep seeing the same things asked over and over, and I will admit, it can be confusing sometimes.

Hi all, I am new here. Please forgive me if this is posted somewhere else. I have seen many posts that talk about whether she knew her way around Charlotesville etc. I saw a news story online from either the Charlottesville or Roanoke area where the dad said that Morgan and family used to live in Charlottesville until in the 90's when her dad was transferred by Carilion to Roanoke. Her dad worked as a psychiatrist in Charlottesville. He said she knew her way around Charlottesville, but didn't think she had any friends there. He also said she had been to JPJ arena many times.
ON the Harrisonburg channel, there was an interview with a James Madison University student who was investigated after she revealed that she was in one of the videos on the net - not Morgan. She said that her group met up with another group that said they were missing one of their members. She said that the group said the other missing member told the group they would be getting another ride home and everyone was cool with that. Neither group gave it a second thought until the next morning when they saw the news.

I am still wondering if MH ever made it to the concert... We still don't know anything about anything. The press conference today was a joke. All that came out was a friend called her cellphone to find out what happened to her. (I suppose that has been confirmed by the LE...) I find that odd in itself. If I were stuck outside, in the cold, with my purse and without my keys to MY CAR... I would have been blowing up my friends' cellphones. Why did a "friend" have to call her? There are no pics of her at the concert, her personal possessions seemed to have just been dropped off. The friends leave in her car and go home without a care in the world. All of this is so very strange...

I also agree with all the posters who say the parents actions are odd. The lack of emotion is strange. I hope she did take off and is okay. However, I still believe the "friends" hold the key to what has happened to MH.

Hey, after all the false reports we now know for sure it WAS NOT HER CAR her car parked at JMU -her friends' car it was.

honeybun talks about no pictures being strange and I have to agree. I was in a McDonalds last night when the college girls came in after a halloween event at their school. In a very crowded McDonald's, we had to wait to get by girls taking pictures with their cell phones of each other in costumes.

Hi all, I am new here. Please forgive me if this is posted somewhere else. I have seen many posts that talk about whether she knew her way around Charlotesville etc. I saw a news story online from either the Charlottesville or Roanoke area where the dad said that Morgan and family used to live in Charlottesville until in the 90's when her dad was transferred by Carilion to Roanoke. Her dad worked as a psychiatrist in Charlottesville. He said she knew her way around Charlottesville, but didn't think she had any friends there. He also said she had been to JPJ arena many times.
ON the Harrisonburg channel, there was an interview with a James Madison University student who was investigated after she revealed that she was in one of the videos on the net - not Morgan. She said that her group met up with another group that said they were missing one of their members. She said that the group said the other missing member told the group they would be getting another ride home and everyone was cool with that. Neither group gave it a second thought until the next morning when they saw the news.

Welcome to WS LadyLeggs! :) I think everyone is asleep and I am at work

This person is DS, she has been in contact with me personally by email at the time all those videos were posted. Yes she said on the general FB discussion page that her friends were friends with MH so that would explain them all meeting up. So from what you say here, D stated it would seem no one was too alarmed -still, just doesn't make much sense to me IMO. Maybe she did say who would take her back or hinted to it and LE aren't saying. Or maybe has has been said they just assumed it was someone they didn't know about that she knew through once living there or through brother.

honeybun talks about no pictures being strange and I have to agree. I was in a McDonalds last night when the college girls came in after a halloween event at their school. In a very crowded McDonald's, we had to wait to get by girls taking pictures with their cell phones of each other in costumes.

So agree how this is very unusual these days, especially at a concert.

But there were sightings of her up in the seating area taking pictures of friends from her phone, so maybe they never got around to taking them of her. Mind you you'd think they would have done before leaving when they were all getting ready and setting off. Or maybe pics of her are in her phone. And if it is true what we heard about LE only getting the OK to check cell phone records (and the actual phone itself?) Tuesday then maybe these photos are going to surface-or they have them?

Thursday now and still no news nothing - we don't know what she went through, if she is still going through it or not, what happened to her -so awful. I feel so so sorry for the loved ones of missing people who just have absolutely no information about what could have happened to their babies. Complete nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove