Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus her sister Amanda Melvin

Someone earlier asked if DS could have been the girl partying at 3:30AM seen by paper lady-no, she met up with MH's group actually and they headed out of the area

Who is DS?

TIA.

I believe what you say is spot on..... I think the parents were clueless to alot of things and I also think her father is wanting certain things(drugs, sex, parties and the like) kept kinda hush hush cause of his job and and reputation. IMO

You might be right but what I was actually referring to was the fact that the friends might not be capable of telling what really happened if they had been partying it up on the way to the venue?
That said, LE might have been told, I am just thinking out loud.

Hmm, now you have me wondering if the facts point to more than one car going from JMU to JPJ arena. Amy, Amanda, Morgan, Sarah and a young man - make 5. Five could fit into a car, but I thought I saw there were only 4 in the car.

This could explain some of the confusion over the cars. I dont think the news has even ran a picture of Morgan's car. The news stories that I have seen when talking about Morgans car being left at JPJ arena show a large silver car in a grass parking lot with state police vehicles in the distance.

I also originally heard that her parents came to Charlottesville to get her car.

Plus her sister Amanda Melvin

Someone earlier asked if DS could have been the girl partying at 3:30AM seen by paper lady-no, she met up with MH's group actually and they headed out of the area

Waddles, do you remember where you read that Amanda was part of the group? TIA.

Ok so I have a couple of comments about several things that have been mentioned in the last few threads.

1- I still do not think her account is an issue. I highly doubt she would ever attempt to sell her ticket to clear her acct, unless her dad didn't know about it and she was scared for him to find out, but clearly he already did and they'd already set up the appt to take care of it. Not an issue to me. I don't see it.

2-You are all absolutely right about the lack of information and there is absolutely no way any of us are going to help find her without some more very pertinent details.

3- In regards to the theory about craigslist....why would she have a Charlottesville number? Her cell wouldn't be a C'Ville # it'd be from Roanoke or Blacksburg?

4- I've seen some comments about how police dismissed the injury to her chin. The articles quote as this “It was a minor injury,” says Virginia State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller. She explains that police chose initially not to release the detail because the injury was “consistent with what someone would suffer from slipping and falling, not with any kind of assault.”
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...tips-flood-in-but-still-no-morgan-harrington/
Here's my issue with that. Granted eye witnesses may have told them it did not look as such, but how can they be so specific as to their conclusion that it was consistent with a fall rather than an assault if they did not see her. It's been mentioned several times that they've combed security tapes and not seen her in any of them. No pictures have surfaced of her that night before, during, or after the concert publicly, and it seems to be inferred at least that there are none. So tell me how they know so specifically without having seen her????

5- What happened to Amanda Melvin (the older sister of Amy). I'm just curious about this, another detail that doesn't add up. Morgan supposedly went to the concert with Amy, Sarah Snead, and somebody's boyfriend, correct? And that's it, correct? So by the statement made in this article does it not also sound to you as if the sister were there too? Or was she just speaking FOR her sister? But still even the details they gave in one of the first stories is nothing like what's being told now?! I hate to say this but something much more terrible than necessary could happen to this girl BECAUSE of all this misinformation and twisting stories. And I would hate to be one of the twisted if it does.
"She had gone to the concert with Amy Melvin, her roommate in Blacksburg, and another friend from James Madison University. Harrington drove.

Melvin said Harrington went outside before Metallica took the stage. She said she wasn't sure why.

"Everyone assumed she'd be coming back," said Amanda Melvin, Amy Melvin's older sister and a friend of Harrington's. Friends and family still haven't heard from Harrington, she said.

Amanda Melvin said Harrington's purse and cellphone were found outside the stadium and her car was still in the parking lot. She said Harrington wouldn't abandon her friends there."
http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/223121

You might be right but what I was actually referring to was the fact that the friends might not be capable of telling what really happened if they had been partying it up on the way to the venue?
That said, LE might have been told, I am just thinking out loud.

Do you think they were that bad off someone had to be half way lucid to even drive the car there?

DS is the girl in the video that was thought to be MH - dancing in front of the band

Someone please correct that if I'm wrong!

Thanks! I remember now that her nickname is Dee.

One more question: I know the State Police have said that Morgan's car was not used to get from JMU to Charlottesville. But -- have the State Police said whose car the group did drive in to get to the concert?

TIA.

One more question: I know the State Police have said that Morgan's car was not used to get from JMU to Charlottesville. But -- have the State Police said whose car the group did drive in to get to the concert?

TIA.

I would think it would have to be Sarah's since Amy rode from Blacksburg with Morgan, but I haven't heard that mentioned, especially since so many stories keep reporting that it was Morgan's car at the venue.

I want to share a story about "FRIENDS" when my DD was a senior in high school her and 4 of her friends (from Elem school) were riding around one night playing Chinese stopsigns( a game where you pull up to your friends @ a stoplight and people change passangers in cars) flirting with boys @ a stoplight and one of the girls jumped in a PU truck with some boys they didn't know and told my DD and the others to meet them in a grocery store parking lot in 10 mins. My DD called me @ 1am and told me their friend wasen't there in 10 mins and they were worried. I ask her if she knew the make, model ect of truck (they thought it was blue) ugh kids. I told her to call 911 and I would be there asap to help them i was about 10 miles away of course in my PJ's. As we were hanging up here came her friend with the boys in the PU laughing and having fun. My point within 20 mins these girls were worried and worried enough to call me. So that makes me wonder about her friends. And yes I made them come home and lectured all of them about going off with strange boys, fed them and sent them to bed. In that few mins on the phone with DD I got an inkling of whats its like for a child to be missing. Mind you it wasen't my child but a child I had known all her life , been@ my house hundreds of times and one of my DD best friends small school hometown atmosphere. Sorry so long.

Do you think they were that bad off someone had to be half way lucid to even drive the car there?

I dont know. Just guessing. Maybe they could have partied after arriving?

Half lucid to drive? Do a police ride a long one day. It will shock you.

I recall being that age many years ago. Honestly I dont know how I survived sometimes except by the grace of god with some of the partying I did. :waitasec:

TIA.

Virginia police DID state Morgan's car was driven to C'Ville. Her father keeps insisting it wasn't her car.

http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2009/10/29/cover-findMorgan-E.aspx

"Morgan and Melvin, who share an off-campus apartment in Blacksburg, drove to Harrisonburg, where they picked up Snead and, according to her father, the boyfriend of a friend. According to State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller, the four rode from Harrisonburg to Charlottesville in Morgan's car. Morgan, Geller says, allowed a friend to drive, so she didn't have her car keys with her during the show"

In the comments section of the same article:

"@J Hey, this is the Hook editor here. Morgan's dad originally told us that Morgan's car and keys stayed in Harrisonburg. In preparing this cover story, State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller-- asserting a change in info-- told us the contrary scenario we put in this story above. So we spoke again this morning to Dr. Harrington, and he stands by his statement: that Morgan's car was never in Charlottesville. Messages left this morning with Ms. Geller have not been immediately returned, but we'll update as soon as she clarifies...."

I dont know. Just guessing. Maybe they could have partied after arriving?

Half lucid to drive? Do a police ride a long one day. It will shock you.

I recall being that age many years ago. Honestly I dont know how I survived sometimes except by the grace of god with some of the partying I did. :waitasec:

Yes i was a partier also and yes sometimes we were not lucid how soon we forget sometimes. Maybe lost a brain cell or two with all the partying:blushing:

Yes i was a partier also and yes sometimes we were not lucid how soon we forget sometimes. Maybe lost a brain cell or two with all the partying:blushing:
Who me? :angel:

Lol

I wish they would tell us something!!

TIA.

The State Police spokesperson Corinne Gellar has stated that it WAS MH's car at JPJ. Channel 10 news (WSLS) has aslo confirmed it was MH's car.

Mr. H is the one who has said it wasn't her car. But Mr. H seems to contradict several things that have been said.

Thanks.

On the JVM tanscripts link, did it seem like LE (Geller) didnt' want to address the arena's security tapes? I mean a straight answer was like pulling teeth. And I didn't notice the date yet, but if that JUST happened DAY-UM

And on the second FB link, morgan (or someone with access to tat pic of her) (One of the more striking pix I might add) made it public knowledge that she was ging to the concert. Yikes. I'm not sure Im comfortable with that news. (OK or semi public knowledge depending who all can access the "who's going " Metallica page, but obviously the concert-goers did)

moo

While Dr. Harrington insists MH's car was not used to get the JPJ arena, state police have since stated that his assessment of the situation is incorrect and the friends and MH did in fact take Morgan's car. So the police and the Harrington parents disagree on this issue.

You can verify this by referring to MH thread #3 (sorry, I don't recall the post #--it was by Le Singe).
Thanks; this is significant to me. AND BIZARRE that the parents (of all people) and LE are at odds on this isuue, unless it is some kind of weird, harmless mis-speak or mis-print? But it doesn't appear to be that does it? It appears to be an actual blatant contradiction. If so, does that point to... perhaps .... the friends told LE one thing and told the Harringtons another? IDK but it is troubling. When LE and the parents are saying two totally TOTALLY different things regarding something straight-forward and tangible such as the vehicle, that doesn't bode well imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem