Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

On the JVM tanscripts link, did it seem like LE (Geller) didnt' want to address the arena's security tapes? I mean a straight answer was like pulling teeth. And I didn't notice the date yet, but if that JUST happened DAY-UM

And on the second FB link, morgan (or someone with access to tat pic of her) (One of the more striking pix I might add) made it public knowledge that she was ging to the concert. Yikes. I'm not sure Im comfortable with that news. (OK or semi public knowledge depending who all can access the "who's going " Metallica page, but obviously the concert-goers did)

moo

There is something more compelling about these links: the person who started the Facebook group is interviewed in the first transcript (it is only a few lines, you have to scroll down).

That person is also on the Metallica Facebook group, which interestingly, also has Harrington among its members.

There are only 217 people in that group, and they are not listed alphabetically, so they may be listed chronologically. Dude is on page one, Harrington on page 2. Presumably, the person who started the Facebook group would have had knowledge that Harrington was going to the concert well in advance. Coincidence?

Thanks.

On the JVM tanscripts link, did it seem like LE (Geller) didnt' want to address the arena's security tapes? I mean a straight answer was like pulling teeth. And I didn't notice the date yet, but if that JUST happened DAY-UM

And on the second FB link, morgan (or someone with access to tat pic of her) (One of the more striking pix I might add) made it public knowledge that she was ging to the concert. Yikes. I'm not sure Im comfortable with that news. (OK or semi public knowledge depending who all can access the "who's going " Metallica page, but obviously the concert-goers did)

moo

Let me highlight the part of the transcript that sticks out:

But joining me on the phone is Wayne Townsend. He believes he saw Morgan at the Metallica concert Saturday night. Now, this is a Facebook page Wayne created to help spread the word about Morgan`s disappearance.

Wayne, tell us what you saw Saturday night. Did anything stand out to you at all?

WAYNE TOWNSEND, WITNESS (via phone): Well, when I pulled up the news Monday morning after hearing about Morgan`s case, after seeing her picture and the description of what she was wearing, it just kind of stuck a bell in the back of my head. And I said, you know, I do remember seeing a girl that matched that description. However, the only thing that...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wait.

TOWNSEND: The only place that I can actually describe the location in the arena, cause it was, you know, very crowded throughout the whole area.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Inside or outside? Was she outside?

TOWNSEND: She was inside on the -- as you call it, the upper corridor, where all the vendors are and where they serve all the beers and the I.D. check.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Was she alone?

TOWNSEND: I couldn`t tell if she was alone, because there was so many people, and it was kind of like a passing by kind of thing.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But she says she went out to go to the bathroom and couldn`t get back in. Was this she after she went into the bathroom or would this be something inside the stadium?

TOWNSEND: This was going to be inside the stadium is where I can remember seeing -- seeing her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Whew, wow, but she didn`t seem in any kind of anxiety?

TOWNSEND: You know, I mean, we were all kind of, sort of pushed through and kind of like to get where we were going. I mean, everyone kind of -- had a bit of anxiety to them, you know, trying to push through. And kind of get to whatever part of the arena that they were trying to get to.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Brian Russell, psychologist. What do you make of the fact that this was a Metallica concert, and it would attract a certain kind of customer?

BRIAN RUSSELL, PSYCHOLOGIST: Well, I don`t know that I`d make, really, that much of that. I`d be interested in hearing from the caller who was at concert. Is this is the kind of a venue where somebody could end up outside the ticket gates, trying to get to the restroom? Or must there have been some other reason for going outside of the ticket area?

HONOWITZ: That`s what I -- that`s what I was saying. Yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wayne, are you still there?

TOWNSEND: I`m here.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Karen Desoto, I know you`ve been cheated a little bit tonight. Just tell us your thoughts in ten seconds.

KAREN DESOTO, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: My thoughts in ten seconds are three things. This is a young girl. We knew from her dad that she`s very trusting. She was separated from the pack. Those are three elements that predators will definitely look for.

Virginia police DID state Morgan's car was driven to C'Ville. Her father keeps insisting it wasn't her car.

http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2009/10/29/cover-findMorgan-E.aspx

"Morgan and Melvin, who share an off-campus apartment in Blacksburg, drove to Harrisonburg, where they picked up Snead and, according to her father, the boyfriend of a friend. According to State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller, the four rode from Harrisonburg to Charlottesville in Morgan's car. Morgan, Geller says, allowed a friend to drive, so she didn't have her car keys with her during the show"

In the comments section of the same article:

"@J Hey, this is the Hook editor here. Morgan's dad originally told us that Morgan's car and keys stayed in Harrisonburg. In preparing this cover story, State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller-- asserting a change in info-- told us the contrary scenario we put in this story above. So we spoke again this morning to Dr. Harrington, and he stands by his statement: that Morgan's car was never in Charlottesville. Messages left this morning with Ms. Geller have not been immediately returned, but we'll update as soon as she clarifies...."

My apologies for completely reversing the account of what happened to Morgan's car the night of the concert. I'd meant to ask, has Dr. Harrington said whose car he thinks they rode in to the concert from JMU since he is so insistent that it wasn't Morgan's car. TIA.

P.S. This case has me so confused!!!

Hi Everyone...

I have just noticed a news release on google that she had would have had a red mark on her face due to an "accident" and not an assault...

None of you may have seen this yet because of the time difference..(australia).......

Anyhow wow this opens a new can of worms to me...

First of all remember someone saw her crying and it looked like she had been hit......I think someone said that the girl was in the smoking area.....

so this report looks like it was true.........

very interesting how she would have had an accident........falling down from intoxication????? being pushed......

something happened to this girl......I personally think she had a fight with a friend or was quite drunk or out of it....

now if they could only tell us that the sighting on the bridge was indeed her.....if it was, she was abucted....

or if she was intoxicated and stumbling and dropping her purse as has been reported as well, maybe she was walking all over the place and someone accidently hit her with a car and panicked and bundled her into the car and have buried her somewhere...

so many times these murders are accidents and people panic.....
Im so confused.

And call me a fossil (Im not one cuz Im not that old; but I do sound like a fuddy duddy fossil now)... but tell me how on earth is it a good idea to throw those giant black beach balls thingys all about willy nilly where plenty of folks have had a cocktail or more... and are in excitable moods... and there are elbows and a$$holes flying all over everywhere and people are clamoring to knock the crap out of the G D black beach balls (?) GMAFB.

That has "accident" and "please break my nose" and " oh DO split my pants" written all over it.

And yes, someone has just now kindly de-frosted me from the glacier in which I was firmly impacted for the last several decades apparently.

:)

moo

Does anyone know of cases in which an adult woman is abducted and kept for days, weeks, longer and been found alive? I was even hoping for that scenario, but all I can recall are cases of children that that happened to. (Jaycee Duggard, Elizabeth Smart, Sean Hornbeck etc - all minors)

I was and never told because of shame and guilt. it was two or three days. I pray she is safe and able to leave wherever she is and get home.

Originally Posted by Ripley007
Well, let's not forget one BIG *advertiser censored* problem with this entire convoluted situation. Her purse was found, entact, not ripped or torn or tossed carelessly, no just simply sitting there on the ground, but that's not the elephant in the room. The elephant is the fact that her cell phone was inside her purse. Only THE BATTERY HAD BEEN REMOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, explain that! And speaking of explanations......I DEMAND to hear the explanations of her so called "friends". Friends don't let friends get STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We know SO little of the REAL FACTS in this case IMHO.
ITA!! Something stinks to high heaven!!
Maybe when she fell or whatever she dropped her phone not realizing the back and battery fell off, just putting it in her purse before she vanished into thin air? Weird deal, to say the least.
Cortne, we feel your pain and frustration, and Ripley's and everyone else here who has just about effing had it with outrage.

This whole concocted (imo) story from word one reeks to high Heaven and it blows big baby chunks.

That is all.

moo

Im so confused.

And call me a fossil (Im not one cuz Im not that old; but I do sound like a fuddy duddy fossil now)... but tell me how on earth is it a good idea to throw those giant black beach balls thingys all about willy nilly where plenty of folks have had a cocktail or more... and are in excitable moods... and there are elbows and a$$holes flying all over everywhere and people are clamoring to knock the crap out of the G D black beach balls (?) GMAFB.

That has "accident" and "please break my nose" and " oh DO split my pants" written all over it.

And yes, someone has just now kindly de-frosted me from the glacier in which I was firmly impacted for the last several decades apparently.

:)

moo

LMAO!!! I agree. My crazy daughter loves to be in the moshpit at concerts... With elbows, feet and a$$holes flying! LOL! And she has been injured on more than one occasion. Last time -someone's foot connected with her eye.

I can't see where there is fun to be had in that kind of situation... I don't like unnecessary pain...

Friday October 30, 2009
Dan and Gil Harrington were in Charlottesville Friday to speak with police. They also stopped by the Copeley Road Bridge to place "Missing" posters and flowers where their daughter was last seen.
They hope it will generate more clues since the family has so little to go on right now. However, the Harringtons do believe their daughter is out there somewhere.
Speaking through the Newsplex, Gil Harrington said to her daughter, "I love you Morgan; we're trying to get to you, stay strong!"
Police released information saying Morgan may have had an abrasion on her face the night she disappeared. The cut would be consistent with someone who has fallen, not someone who was assaulted.
If you have any tips, you're encouraged to call Virginia State police at (434) 352-3467.
http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/67781367.html

Thanks.

moo

There is something more compelling about these links: the person who started the Facebook group is interviewed in the first transcript (it is only a few lines, you have to scroll down).

That person is also on the Metallica Facebook group, which interestingly, also has Harrington among its members.

There are only 217 people in that group, and they are not listed alphabetically, so they may be listed chronologically. Dude is on page one, Harrington on page 2. Presumably, the person who started the Facebook group would have had knowledge that Harrington was going to the concert well in advance. Coincidence?

Same guy had this on his own profile while it was still public (is now private). See Favorite Quotes:

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy60/mark0001/Screenshot-10_20_20096_43_11AM.jpg?t=1257022653

Maybe MH wasn't allowed to let others drive her car so she told her parents that someone else was driving to the concert. Her father believes that she was telling them the truth so still thinks that they went in someone else's car. The fact that they went in her car is even more confusing. Why would you find another way home when your own car was there, even if she didn't have the keys because one of her friends actually drove to the arena?

Hi Everyone...

I have just noticed a news release on google that she had would have had a red mark on her face due to an "accident" and not an assault...

None of you may have seen this yet because of the time difference..(australia).......

Anyhow wow this opens a new can of worms to me...

First of all remember someone saw her crying and it looked like she had been hit......I think someone said that the girl was in the smoking area.....

so this report looks like it was true.........

very interesting how she would have had an accident........falling down from intoxication????? being pushed......

something happened to this girl......I personally think she had a fight with a friend or was quite drunk or out of it....

now if they could only tell us that the sighting on the bridge was indeed her.....if it was, she was abucted....

or if she was intoxicated and stumbling and dropping her purse as has been reported as well, maybe she was walking all over the place and someone accidently hit her with a car and panicked and bundled her into the car and have buried her somewhere...

so many times these murders are accidents and people panic.....

How about getting elbowed in face by one of the G D hurling beach ball smackers?

Sorry. I'll shutty on that now.

Maybe MH wasn't allowed to let others drive her car so she told her parents that someone else was driving to the concert. Her father believes that she was telling them the truth so still thinks that they went in someone else's car. The fact that they went in her car is even more confusing. Why would you find another way home when your own car was there, even if she didn't have the keys because one of her friends actually drove to the arena?
Didn't think of that.

Very plausible imo and explains why he believes it... bc he would believe his daughter.

Just who is this guy??? And why is he running a page instead of a family member or friend? Is he a friend of the family?

If you're already a fb member, check out the main wall of that group, I think you might find a few "guys" unrelated to the victim (it seems) extremely involved, and sometimes a bit sketchy

Maybe they are just very concerned citizens but...... who knows?

Same guy had this on his own profile while it was still public (is now private). See Favorite Quotes:

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy60/mark0001/Screenshot-10_20_20096_43_11AM.jpg?t=1257022653

YIKES.

HIs fav quotes of only two quotes....."Winners go home and the prom queen." Classy... not.

Have you guys given all this to LE? or better yet, the FBI? or better yet, BOTH?

It may be nothing, but it could be significant or it could spark something that leads to significant. It's all about the little things... the little seemingly weird things. (imo)

Who among us here is gonna be in charge of for sure getting this stuff to the authorities such that it doesn't sit on a desk unexamined or get shoved under a rug (figuratively)? (Like be persistent til you get some attn)

YIKES.

HIs fav quotes of only two quotes....."Winners go home and the prom queen." Classy... not.

Have you guys given all this to LE? or better yet, the FBI? or better yet, BOTH?

It may be nothing, but it could be significant or it could spark something that leads to significant. It's all about the little things... the little seemingly weird things. (imo)

Who among us here is gonna be in charge of for sure getting this stuff to the authorities such that it doesn't sit on a desk unexamined or get shoved under a rug (figuratively)? (Like be persistent til you get some attn)

This information was given to LE (via tip line) yesterday. Posted here today for exactly the reason you state.

If you're already a fb member, check out the main wall of that group, I think you might find a few "guys" unrelated to the victim (it seems) extremely involved, and sometimes a bit sketchy

Can someone describe what you're seeing? b/c I cant get into these links for some reason - some of them.
TIA

Yeah...I just did...and there are several people that just give me the out and out willies.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member