Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This information was given to LE yesterday. Posted here today for exactly the reason you state.
oopps. Thanks Im a couple pages behnd; "tryna" catch up. :)

Good tho. good.

Yeah...I just did...and there are several people that just give me the out and out willies.....
I say - trust your gut... you guys who can access these pages.

You're getting the willies for a reason.

Dont ever ignore the gut-willies.

I didnt' say that well; but you know exactly what I mean.

moo

If you're already a fb member, check out the main wall of that group, I think you might find a few "guys" unrelated to the victim (it seems) extremely involved, and sometimes a bit sketchy

Maybe they are just very concerned citizens but...... who knows?

bbm

true that; but if that's all they are, then they wont object to being checked out and ruled out to help the cause.

right?

If you have nothing to hide, you hide nothing. (Or however that Dr. Phil-ism platitude goes.)

bbm

true that; but if that's all they are, then they wont object to being checked out and ruled out to help the cause.

right?

If you have nothing to hide, you hide nothing. (Or however that Dr. Phil-ism platitude goes.)

I agree! And they very well may have been checked out...... not like we get any details in this case! :waitasec: right?!

Morning all =)

I am just curious due to the time past now, how probable it is that MH is no longer with us? How many of you believe this is the case?

I really do not like the hush hush nature of the LE... Surely to god they know what is going on with this case? I find it so hard to believe that this day in age, we as a society can "lose" a person. We have found Saddam Hussein in a hidden hole? I wish I was there to search, sometimes I feel like LE does nothing (sorry, JMO.. and I am a tad angry)
OMG exactly.

(Not saying that she is) but if something happened to me and I were deceased at someone's hand, I'd want someone to GET HIM for me. And not just for me, but for any potential next victim. Very very few do it just once.

There was a post made regarding a supposed abduction this morning by DKV over on FB. She says one of the abductors lived close to C'ville. She heard this news on a scanner...and her daughter is in LE and her friend is a State Cop in the county over... But below is a partial comment DKV made to her own post:

We have a family friend who is a Va. State Trooper in a very near by County and I have contacted him. He said they are keeping it very hush hush about Morgan and her case. As far as this lattest abduction I have a call into him but have heard nothing back yet. I will sure let it be known if I find out anything at all. Just odd about an abduction so close to the JPJ area I think!

Police seem to think NOTHING is related...not her facial injury, not the cell phone battery, not her car....HINK!

Maybe....the battery was out of the phone...maybe it fell out but was still in the purse?

Friends and parents....not an ounce of credibility to me. I don't think she was ever at the arena. And they know it.
I know right?

As far as I know we have yet to get a confirmed answer on WHERE the effing battery was. Out of the phone, but still in the purse? Out of the phone and missing entirely? WHAT?

What condition was the purse in? Was there dew on it? Was it rain-soaked or just damp? or NEITHER? Was the strap borken or stretched out? Was it muddy on one side? Both sides? NEITHER?

(expletive - obscene street gesture- expletive expletive)

:twocents:

First of all, hi everyone! I'm not a lurker anymore!! :truce:

From my personal experience, people tend to wear band shirts at heavy metal concerts. The fact that MH was wearing a PANTERA shirt on a Metallica concert is not such a big deal as some of you have stated.
I've been to a few of those concerts myself, and nobody cares about what you're wearing. Last time I wore a Metallica hoodie at a Moonspell gig and nobody gave me a hard time because of it.
In addition, I've read this wasn't her first concert... so the fact that she "got lost" while looking for a bathroom or a smoking area really puzzles me. Not to mention the fact that she got separated from her friends.
I'm not a party girl, and I might have not attended as many concerts as MH and her friends have... but the only time I got separated from my group of friends was a really bad experience. I would never ever do it again.

*sigh*
Wish I could help more...

No I dont think she saw any of Metallica.....the phone call was at 8.48 or close to that and she was outside then.....Metallica hadnt started.....

The post from the lady/man who's limo driver saw her with a hispanic guy is very interesting.....I think a couple of people saw her with a hispanic guy didnt they??

I also remember somewhere on one of these links an old lady was positive she saw her on the university grounds with 3 guys...she was adamant it was her because of her outfit down the the mini and the knee high boots....she said you couldnt help but notice her because she was stunning....

that time was about 3am........so I just would love to know which the police think is the more accurate sighting......the bridge or with 3 guys on the uni grounds...

must be the bridge if this is in their official timeline...

yes Ripley we all think the friends know way way more......I am sure the police would have interrogated these girls and there must be some reason the general public is getting the answer as to the REAL reason she was outside........maybe it is a legal matter.....it is very frustrating...

I also think the post re the tickets for sale in the same row she was in is definitely worth the police looking into......

If they werent her tickets for sale she has a group of 9 friends.....only 2 and another girls boyfriend went to the concert....maybe 2 of the other 9 renigged at the last moment and THAT IS WHY SHE WAS OUTSIDE!!!!

Maybe she was trying to sell these 2 tickets to anyone who showed up outside before Metallica started or did actually arrange to sell them outside....

Sorry to be all ...whatever about it, but are the friends' parents "connected" in any way?

Is there motivation for LE to take it easy or let one -- or some of them... or one (and therefore all of them) off the hook so to speak.. i mean interrogation-wise?

2 cents.

First of all, hi everyone! I'm not a lurker anymore!! :truce:

From my personal experience, people tend to wear band shirts at heavy metal concerts. The fact that MH was wearing a PANTERA shirt on a Metallica concert is not such a big deal as some of you have stated.
I've been to a few of those concerts myself, and nobody cares about what you're wearing. Last time I wore a Metallica hoodie at a Moonspell gig and nobody gave me a hard time because of it.
In addition, I've read this wasn't her first concert... so the fact that she "got lost" while looking for a bathroom or a smoking area really puzzles me. Not to mention the fact that she got separated from her friends.
I'm not a party girl, and I might have not attended as many concerts as MH and her friends have... but the only time I got separated from my group of friends was a really bad experience. I would never ever do it again.

*sigh*
Wish I could help more...

Welcome! I see what you're saying. In the posts I read here, the way they came across to me was that the point was maybe that a PANTERA shirt would likely be somewhat memorable. Not that it was a "problem" or issue in light of it being a metallica concert - just simply that it may be construed as sort of memorable.

IDK.

Welcome! I see what you're saying. In the posts I read here, the way they came across to me was that the point was maybe that a PANTERA shirt would likely be somewhat memorable. Not that it was a "problem" or issue in light of it being a metallica concert - just simply that it may be construed as sort of memorable.

IDK.

I can could see too where some smart a$$ thinking that he/she is funny might say something like - Pantera...don't you know what concert you're going to...

You know something off the wall that might not have set well... But then again...that just could be regarding as old people humor/comment...

Thanks.

On the JVM tanscripts link, did it seem like LE (Geller) didnt' want to address the arena's security tapes? I mean a straight answer was like pulling teeth. And I didn't notice the date yet, but if that JUST happened DAY-UM

I'm increasingly convinced that either there ARE no functional security cameras at the arena, or they were never turned on.

And it wouldn't surprise me a bit if she was tossed out of the concert by security (either for being drunk/high, being in an unauthorized area, etc.) and it's being covered by by LE to prevent a lawsuit.

I would like to believe LE are on top of this keeping info. close to the vest but remember the poster "Nouveau" I believe who, works very close to the concert venue who had a visit from LE Thurs. (after the press conference 12 days after MH vanished) looking for security tapes or ANYTHING. I'm afraid they don't know anything! I feel that MH's phone must have a history of the battery falling out that was common knowledge among those who knew her.
I recall this poster's comments and I recall being surprised that he/she said that LE was JUST THEN (on whatever day but NOT early) asking for security tapes at her place of employment. These things generally gets recorded-over, erased etc after X amt time. Timing is key. (And as I recall - IIRC -there were no cams at the poster's near-to-the-arena job site, but LE asking late in the game is still not great imo)

I'm not sure why you think all pertinent information should be made public. It could compromise the investigation.
I think the frustration is that even innocuous info has not been forthcoming like did she have a freakin coat? No one wants the investigation compromised.

That's why I worry that this case will quickly fade from public view if more information isn't released soon.

We are frustrated with the lack of facts available in this case, and eventually those who want to help (such as us WSleuthers) will throw up their hands and move on to another case that provides actual leads to run down.

IMO it's just plain foolishness on the part of LE/parents/friends to keep all of the pertinent info so secret that they actually lose the interest of those in the public domain who wish to help find Morgan. Sort of dumb. No, not "sort of." Just plain dumb.

Sharing in everyones frustration. VASP response here certainly isn't very sophisticated. Without clues to cue memories, just asking for random info on Morgan isn't very efffecive. As someone said, let's see a photo of her Pantera shirt and boots at least, the make and color of her phone, how her face was made up that night (maybe a pic from her friends' phones), whether her battery was the only item missing off her phone (battery and/or SIM card which someone may have found). Show some control of the situation by explaining seeming contradictions (her friends' waiting, why her face being whacked isn't important) and by asking for public assistance in a coherent manner.

My inner cynic sees that at the end of the day the VASP folks go home to their families and have no real fear of recrimination from potentially ineffective police work, while the Harringtons go on without their daughter and have to accept whatever quality of work LE happens to conjure up. LE is not in the victim recovery business; it is in the crime abatement and criminal investigation business and this is very frustarating to sleuthers. Most LE have yet to harness the value of tens of thousands of eyes and ears connected by the 'net, or to realize that the public expects and is inceasingly demanding more than monotone blather and hiding behind the boogeyman of compromising an ongoing investigation. As I was pondering on pages past, maybe LE shouldn't lead missing persons investigations since their primary purpose is not live recovery.

C6

In one article the Father said the strap on the purse was cut. Don't remember where I read this so am saying MOO.

If you're already a fb member, check out the main wall of that group, I think you might find a few "guys" unrelated to the victim (it seems) extremely involved, and sometimes a bit sketchy

Maybe they are just very concerned citizens but...... who knows?

Page originally had only one admin (the page's creator). Yesterday it had three. Now it has two. I forget the name of the third admin (he was from Washington, DC) but he is no longer listed as an admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove