Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And she wasn't clueless about the world. She called her dad from JMU (the first leg of the trip) to say that she arrivd there safely.

(Sidenote: She did not call him from C'ville to say she/they made it to C'ville (the second leg of the trip) fwiw.) (Or at least not that we've been told)

I know everyone is different; I get that. But imo if I were going to call someone to say I made it safely to XYZ place and there were two legs of a trip to be traversed, AND[ if I were going to call only once form on eleg of the trip, it'd be at the end... at the final destination - not the halfway mark for cryin out loud. Why call when you're halfway there and then NOT call when you arrived at where you ultimately wanted to be? I can see how it makes sense to call from BOTH spots. But that's not what happened that we know of. Calling at the halfway point and not from the final destination is just odd to me.

Just me? Alrighty then. :)

Does anyone know from where Amy began the trip? Im asking b/c I wondered if Morgan went to her parents' home then BACK to Blacksburg/her apt for Amy. (Or was amy at JMU? with the sister, amanda? ) And did Amanda go to the concert as the 5th person? or maybe Im out to lunch and making the whole thing up. IDK

tia

No, it's not just you, kant. :) Make perfect sense. The call on the 2nd half of the journey reporting that they had arrived would be most important. It just contributes to my wondering about her arrival at JPJ that night ...

Kant you have me thinking. Which I have been doing since all this happened two weeks ago. Here's a new thought.

What if the dad and Le are right about the car. What if the friends took their car and went to the concert and Morgan stayed behind with her car?

What if the friends boyfriend bought Morgans ticket? That would explain that one male without his girlfriend going with the group.

I was just kicking that idea around b/c of several things... each thing by itself didnt' really mean beans necessarily; but add them together and I well... hhmmm... like that. And yes, un-named mystery male got my attention too.

I already posted it and dont need to repeat, but she only called dad from JMU, not C'ville which was supposedly the final destination.

Has anyone LOOKED at JMU? dang it cant hurt to try every idea. You dont know til you try right?

Also, we haven't seen proof proof that she was there in C'ville have we?

Her dad bought the tickets. Maybe she wsan't a huge metallica fan, but a casual one. If SHE had bought the tickets.... oh IDK. I sound like a nutjob again.

The other hinky disturbing thing among many for me is that she (probably inadvertently) telgraphed her moves to... what...? 400 +plus strangers on FB (and probably more as in whoever could access that page where she said that she would be there) (with a gorgeous pic posted - see below) that she would be there, on that date, at that venue, in that town, for that concert... so IDK. BLARG - shoot me

This is the photo on the metallica concert-goers page where fans responded saying yes Im going and "wish I could go" (that's how I understood it)

image5405608.jpg

Okay... What have we got...

1) Tickets for Metallica purchased approx 6 months in advance - purchased by DH for MH and friends

2) Shopping trip for clothes for concert - Choice of 3 different ones - she and Mom decide on outfit

3) Sometime Sat. MH & roommate (however she got to the Harrington's) leaves for Harrisonburg to pick up other friend for concert. Arrives safely per phone conversation with Dad.

4) Sometime Sat. MH, roommate & friend (were there others?) leave JMU & pick up mystery guy somewhere between JMU & C'ville.

5) Arrive JPJ arena in MH's car.

6) Upon arrival guy in car next to them makes small talk with those in MH's vehicle.

7) Enter into arena (per friends)

8) At some point MH seperates from friends to either go to restroom or smoke or both or neither. Kisses one on the cheek...

9) "Witnesses" report seeing MH fall or have injury to face

10) Friend calls MH? or MH calls friend & states she has been locked out of arena and unable to return inside. Tells friends she will meet them at the car or find a ride home?

11) Witness reports MH out front of arena - makes comment to her - she tells him to f off

12) Reports of her having had some kind of interaction with people here and there - or of them having seen MH at various places outside of the arena

13) MH supposedly spotted on bridge

14) MH disappears

15) Friends leave concert - hang around car for a significant amount of time - never see MH and leave venue returning back to JMU

16) Supposedly purse has already been found by a passerby and is supposedly reported as "found property". Cell phone is missing battery

17) MH doesn't show up at parents as expected. DH begins calling friends.

18) DH reports MH missing the next day sometime after lunch.

19) It's MH's car, it's not MH's car, it is MH's car & it's not relevant if it is or not...ummm ok...

20) Phone battery missing... not relevant... hummm well ok if you say so...but somehow that doesn't sit right with me...especially if you can't decide whether or not it was her car...

21) Only trace of MH found inside or outside of the arena is the pocketbook - she's not picked up on security cameras, or other personal video recorders or personal cameras.

What did I miss? Anything?

There are 2 people that I could possibly believe actually saw MH

The guy from PA who pulled in beside them when arriving at the arena and the guy who engaged her in front of the arena - the one she told to f off...

I would have to believe those 2 witnesses before I believed any others and have to think that yeah...she at least arrived

The guy from PA who pulled in beside them when arriving at the arena and the guy who engaged her in front of the arena - the one she told to f off...

I would have to believe those 2 witnesses before I believed any others and have to think that yeah...she at least arrived
I'd be with you except for....

the dude in the parking lot said "group of girls" No dude was mentioned in this sighting; and at that time the male had not been reported as part of the group. KWIM?

Kant you have me thinking. Which I have been doing since all this happened two weeks ago. Here's a new thought.

What if the dad and Le are right about the car. What if the friends took their car and went to the concert and Morgan stayed behind with her car?

What if the friends boyfriend bought Morgans ticket? That would explain that one male without his girlfriend going with the group.

that is a really good idea...i had thought about selling the ticket...but yes, the car idea is a good one...and thank god it is actually a new concept!! a much needed one too THANX!:woohoo:

I know people don't put too much faith in things like that... But ya know...weirder things have happened and what does anyone have to lose by checking it out...
For someone who hasn't been to the area (if that's the case) and to "know" see... etc that there is a ravine and be right about it (if there is one) is kind of interesting.

I'd be with you except for....

the dude in the parking lot said "group of girls" No dude was mentioned in this sighting; and at that time the male had not been reported as part of the group. KWIM?

Aha - got ya!

It seems that someone who actually was close enough for enough time to have a spoken exchange, however brief, would be more credible to me too.... but that is only if they're telling the truth to begin with.

moo

Somebody needs to ask the guy from PA what car they were using. :banghead:

Two weeks of almost nothing. Even natalee's friends (as much as anyone may have whatever beefs with them) at least they showed up on NG and Greta and they talked.... some... more than this group.

I'm doing the google street view of Rt 250/Rt 29. I don't know how to capture the images to bring them over here...

I just typed in John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA...took the little stick man and dropped him NNW (since that was stated from the astro thread) on Rt. 250/Rt. 29...

Something else I am thinking of. If Morgan wasn't really into Metalica as much as her father thought she was. We know she was short on cash because her checking account was overdrawn. She is sitting down with dad on Sunday to go over...how to take care of your finances. He is probably not going to be handing out cash but trying to get her to better use her money. She wants a little cash so she sells her ticket.

I'm doing the google street view of Rt 250/Rt 29. I don't know how to capture the images to bring them over here...

I just typed in John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA...took the little stick man and dropped him NNW (since that was stated from the astro thread) on Rt. 250/Rt. 29...

If you use Windows, try Screenshot Captor. It's free and seems safe. Once you have it installed, you do Shift+PrintScreen. That gives you a little set of crosshairs that you can drag from the upper left to the lower right of the region you want to "capture". After dragging across the region you want to take a picture of, release the mouse button. It will make a sound like a camera shutter. Then you'll get a window asking where to save the file. Save it to your desktop so it is easy to find. Then you can attach it to a message or upload it. If you need a place to store it on the web, you can use photobucket.

Has anybody looked at her apartment to see if anything is missing?

Okay... What have we got...

1) Tickets for Metallica purchased approx 6 months in advance - purchased by DH for MH and friends

2) Shopping trip for clothes for concert - Choice of 3 different ones - she and Mom decide on outfit

3) Sometime Sat. MH & roommate (however she got to the Harrington's) leaves for Harrisonburg to pick up other friend for concert. Arrives safely per phone conversation with Dad.

4) Sometime Sat. MH, roommate & friend (were there others?) leave JMU & pick up mystery guy somewhere between JMU & C'ville.

5) Arrive JPJ arena in MH's car.

6) Upon arrival guy in car next to them makes small talk with those in MH's vehicle.

7) Enter into arena (per friends)

8) At some point MH seperates from friends to either go to restroom or smoke or both or neither. Kisses one on the cheek...

9) "Witnesses" report seeing MH fall or have injury to face

10) Friend calls MH? or MH calls friend & states she has been locked out of arena and unable to return inside. Tells friends she will meet them at the car or find a ride home?

11) Witness reports MH out front of arena - makes comment to her - she tells him to f off

12) Reports of her having had some kind of interaction with people here and there - or of them having seen MH at various places outside of the arena

13) MH supposedly spotted on bridge

14) MH disappears

15) Friends leave concert - hang around car for a significant amount of time - never see MH and leave venue returning back to JMU

16) Supposedly purse has already been found by a passerby and is supposedly reported as "found property". Cell phone is missing battery

17) MH doesn't show up at parents as expected. DH begins calling friends.

18) DH reports MH missing the next day sometime after lunch.

19) It's MH's car, it's not MH's car, it is MH's car & it's not relevant if it is or not...ummm ok...

20) Phone battery missing... not relevant... hummm well ok if you say so...but somehow that doesn't sit right with me...especially if you can't decide whether or not it was her car...

21) Only trace of MH found inside or outside of the arena is the pocketbook - she's not picked up on security cameras, or other personal video recorders or personal cameras.

What did I miss? Anything?

Great recap -
Only thing I consider credible that you missed was the sighting in the smoking area where MH appeared to have an injury.

The funny thing about the cars, the friends, etc., to me is that Sunday morning when they still had not heard from MH and her car and keys were at JMU, they could not be bothered to call her parents' home or her apartment to check on her.

O/T: Mark00... Did what you said...was able to capture pic... But WS says my file is invalid when I go to upload it... I'll have to try again tomorrow

Rt. 250/ Rt. 29 is basically wooded on either side of the road...now what's on the other side of those trees...I have no idea...

O/T: Mark00... Did what you said...was able to capture pic... But WS says my file is invalid when I go to upload it... I'll have to try again tomorrow

Rt. 250/ Rt. 29 is basically wooded on either side of the road...now what's on the other side of those trees...I have no idea...

Same thing happened to me, that's why I posted to photobucket and linked from here. Come to think about it, it might be the file format. Try to save it as a JPG and see if that works. I didn't try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC