Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it known with positive certainty that Morgan made it to the concert? Are there video cameras at the entry ways that show who entered? Was her ticket validated, certainly if it was a scan type ticket there would be a computer record and her ticket may be numbered in sequence with her friends tickets, since her father bought the three tickets?? I wonder if she went at all, or if her friends had her car, purse and cell phone, went to the concert and dropped the purse and cell in the lot??

fwiw.... bbm

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/10/30/unexplained-injury-and-tips-flood-in-but-still-no-morgan-harrington/

"According to the Weather Underground, the temperature in Charlottesville was just 42 degrees with six-mile-per-hour winds at the time Harrington was outside. Although no precipitation was recorded, event attendees and other Charlottesvillians recall a “misty” evening while Harrington was clad only in a t-shirt, mini-skirt, and tights. "

"Another discrepancy between what police and the family seem to know revolves around the vehicle that transported the young woman and three other concert-goers to Charlottesville. Police spokesperson Geller says that although driven by a friend, it was definitely Morgan Harrington’s own vehicle. Dr. Harrington has maintained, however, that his daughter’s 2006 Honda Civic, along with its keys, remained in Harrisonburg until retrieved Sunday by his daughter’s roommate who drove it back to the family home in Roanoke. "

"The two friends with whom Harrington attended the concert— her Blacksburg roommate Amy Melvin and JMU student Sarah Snead— have not responded to the Hook’s repeated requests for interviews. A male who rode to the concert with the female trio has not been publicly identified."

TIPLINE INFO

The lead investigator, State Police Lt. Joe Rader, urges tipsters— who may remain anonymous— to call the tip line at 434-352-3467 or email information to bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov.

42 degree weather + misty + 6 mph winds = downright cold

Alcohol will make you think you are warmer than you actually are...

What other substances will do this?

I am a graceless clod and I can trip over air for no reason, and have done so many times. However, in doing so I always end up jamming or scraping my hands and wrists (and sometimes scraped knees.) I instinctively put my hands out in some misguided flailing effort to break my fall; but never once have a bloodied my chin. Not impossible..... but how likely?

Anyone?

I am a graceless clod and I can trip over air for no reason, and have done so many times. However, in doing so I always end up jamming or scraping my hands and wrists (and sometimes scraped knees.) I instinctively put my hands out in some misguided flailing effort to break my fall; but never once have a bloodied my chin. Not impossible..... but how likely?

Anyone?

maybe once in a drunken stupor - that's about the only thing I could think of that would account for falling flat on the face without reflexes kicking in.

Anyone?

LMAO! Sorry, I had to laugh... That sounds like me! I have fallen more times than I care to even think about...it's like I just got my feet yesterday! People even changed my name to "Grace" for quite a while.

But I can say that without a doubt I have never hit my face when I've fallen - drunk or otherwise...

To me...that sounds like a "pass out" and down you go - not able to control limbs to help break the fall...

YIKES.

HIs fav quotes of only two quotes....."Winners go home and the prom queen." Classy... not.

Have you guys given all this to LE? or better yet, the FBI? or better yet, BOTH?

It may be nothing, but it could be significant or it could spark something that leads to significant. It's all about the little things... the little seemingly weird things. (imo)

Who among us here is gonna be in charge of for sure getting this stuff to the authorities such that it doesn't sit on a desk unexamined or get shoved under a rug (figuratively)? (Like be persistent til you get some attn)

Hello! I come from Germany and i am 33 years old & my english is not the best :-/ Sorry for that.
I heard about the disappearing of Morgan and i read in Help Find Morgan Facebook & websleuths.com forums since days.

Just found this: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=162224546575&topic=10368

Post # 19

Scary!!!

Also, to people who go to concerts (more recently than I do) is it the case that almost always the exits/entrances are manned? Iow there is some employee, staff, security there at every door? If she indeed was there and went outside she HAD to have passed by someone. And have we heard from this person? He cant be blamed b/c it's not his policy; he's doing his job. But I haven't heard word one of what exit she left from and who exactly saw her leave?

LMAO! Sorry, I had to laugh... That sounds like me! I have fallen more times than I care to even think about...it's like I just got my feet yesterday! People even changed my name to "Grace" for quite a while.

But I can say that without a doubt I have never hit my face when I've fallen - drunk or otherwise...

To me...that sounds like a "pass out" and down you go - not able to control limbs to help break the fall...

It can be done - awhile back my mother was walking on an old porch in knitted slippers - caught the slipper on a nail, and ended up going down and breaking her nose - as I recall, she banged a few other things, too - but she definitely hit her face.

Perhaps MH didn't actually hit her chin, but instead bloodied her nose, and it ran onto her chin? Seems more likely.

I wonder how often she wore heels? If she was wearing unfamiliar shoes, she'd be more likely to trip.

It can be done - awhile back my mother was walking on an old porch in knitted slippers - caught the slipper on a nail, and ended up going down and breaking her nose - as I recall, she banged a few other things, too - but she definitely hit her face.

Perhaps MH didn't actually hit her chin, but instead bloodied her nose, and it ran onto her chin? Seems more likely.

I wonder how often she wore heels? If she was wearing unfamiliar shoes, she'd be more likely to trip.

Oh I'm sure it can be done...but generally as Kant stated...it is more likely that one would or could brace their self for the fall and avoid hitting the face.

Also, to people who go to concerts (more recently than I do) is it the case that almost always the exits/entrances are manned? Iow there is some employee, staff, security there at every door? If she indeed was there and went outside she HAD to have passed by someone. And have we heard from this person? He cant be blamed b/c it's not his policy; he's doing his job. But I haven't heard word one of what exit she left from and who exactly saw her leave?

I go to alot of concerts and it depends in wich venue you are. Never been to concerts in the U.S.

Some venue exits/entrances are not manned. Some of the concert filmers sneak in their cams on side doors!

Okay... What have we got...

1) Tickets for Metallica purchased approx 6 months in advance - purchased by DH for MH and friends

2) Shopping trip for clothes for concert - Choice of 3 different ones - she and Mom decide on outfit

... What did I miss? Anything? Edited to save space

That was the first of a great series of posts, MB. Excellent!

Of course, I disagree with anyone who says information regarding the car and cell phone (points 18 and 19 in your list) are irrelevant. To me, the relevance is we need to know there is truthfulness in the stories told by MH's friends, and so far simple stories by them seem to be sorely lacking in truth and clarity.

MOO

That was the first of a great series of posts, MB. Excellent!

Of course, I disagree with anyone who says information regarding the car and cell phone (points 18 and 19 in your list) are irrelevant. To me, the relevance is we need to know there is truthfulness in the stories told by the few witnesses we know about, and so far simple stories by MH's friends seem to be sorely lacking in truth and clarity.

MOO

Thank you!

Yes, I disagree with the "no relevance" too in regards to some things that have been said in this case. IMO anything and everything is relevant until after the fact and all is known, settled and the fat lady has sung.

I too would like to hear something from the friends. I don't know why they can't sit down and do an interview with someone...I'm sure there's someone out there who would do a interview with them and let the friends do the talking without any questions being asked... Or they could just make a statement to the press... Anything... Come on girls...speak up please!

My thoughts:

I don't believe she took the wrong way outside to smoke. And i do not believe she has been kicked out of the venue, because of some behaviour. We do not know what person she met inside the concert. The friends did not, too. They were not with her in that time. Someone she knows from internet Myspace, Facebook? A guy knew the routine from working the venue. Noone knows wich way she has choosen to go outside. Maybe a person the parents and friends do not know about? We all do not know.

It could also be someone else from VT that she met up with.

I am wondering if any photos of MH are being with held intentionally by LE. Do they not want the public for some reason not to see exactly how she looked? Jewelry, accessories, condition?????

My thoughts:

I don't believe she took the wrong way outside to smoke. And i do not believe she has been kicked out of the venue, because of some behaviour. We do not know what person she met inside the concert. The friends did not, too. They were not with her in that time. Someone she knows from internet Myspace, Facebook? A guy knew the routine from working the venue. Noone knows wich way she has choosen to go outside. Maybe a person the parents and friends do not know about? We all do not know.
Welcome to WS! I agree with most of what you are saying.

My thoughts:

You might be on to something there, imo.

Have any searches been done since she has been missing? Searches such as community volunteers doing a search on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon? I have not read of any and I find that extremely odd.

this whole thing started inside the venue because why would she left the venue before Metallica hit the stage? She had her tickets for months. There is no reason to go outside with a no re-entry policy. Maybe she met the wrong person on the way to the bathroom. It's the only reason to leave the venue so early.

My thoughts:

Yes, there could have been some kind of pre-planned meeting

Maybe talking to someone on MS, FB or Twitter... Maybe thru her social networking sites they knew she was going to be at this concert. Maybe they were also going to be there and they wanted to hook up

~ Or ~

Maybe this person wasn't happy that MH was going to the concert and came up with some lame story that was used as a ruse to get her outside of the building just so she would miss the concert too.

Maybe this person told MH that they worked for the arena or was a roadie or whatever and told her that he/she could get her backstage.

~ Or ~

What if she met someone who she thought worked in some capacity at the arena and they really didn't. If she got locked out (for whatever reason) she could have gone looking for someone to help her get back in. Maybe this person had a badge - looked legit (could have been legit or a lost or stolen badge) - perp saw the opportunity and took it.

Maybe she had some kind of hook-up that would have been deemed totally unacceptable to her family and/or her friends.

There's so many what if's or could be's in this case. It's maddening! And as several have pointed out with reason, maybe she really didn't make it to the arena!

Right at this point anything could have happened - and something did...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueJayJay71