Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2di2dyw.jpg

John Paul Jones Arena

I really don't think that was her walking on that dark bridge in that area that late at night. No woman would ever think of that unless she had some kind of protection on her. I think those that "think" they saw her were mistaken. Thank you for posting the pictures.

I was certain this was Morgan. And while I thought Morgan would never wear such God-awful socks, the jeans and belt seemed very much like what she would wear, as well as the red shirt.

Charlottesville VA is approximately 250 miles (or 6 hours) from the SC border. You are absolutely correct that it would be a direct run through Roanoke and Blacksburg to get to the dump site. If the perp (whether a fan or a member of the road crew?) would be attending the Metallica concert in Charlotte NC the next day (as you say, 45 minutes away from the dump site), this would be a perfect place to dispose of the body.

I thought they had found MH for sure. It may still turn out to be her.
Where are you, Morgan Harrington?

MOO

Yes it is a nagging question as to why someone this young hasn't been a hot match on a missing person file. Several things stand out:
  1. The jeans shown don't appear to be the size of a 160-180 pound person, so the weight is off or the clothes don't belong to the deceased; could use some female help here, but I don't think size 5s fit 160 pound women.
  2. It is said the jeans were found "near' the body but LE is sure the jeans belong to her.
  3. The combo of purple toe socks and Hollister Surf Shoppe shirt should be enough to cue anyone seeing the clothing who knows her, and no one has come forward.
  4. The choice of dump site looks like the work of a local, since a stranger poking around to survey off-the-beaten-path areas runs the risk of being identified as out of place.

So if the jeans belong to the deceased, and are way too small to fit the body as described, what does that tell us of the rest of the description? Is it (puropsefully) inaccurate sending a message to whomever left her there without ID that LE is onto them without alerting the public that an identifiable missing body has been found? Was the body redressed? Could these clothes belong to Morgan (from an overnight bag) or be other clothes on her(ugh)?

C6

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before. Are there businesses on the other side of bridge that she could have been walking to late at night?

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before. Are there businesses on the other side of bridge that she could have been walking to late at night?

There is a bank right across the bridge on the opposite side of the road. There is also a 7-11 a little ways down and couple of restaurants on down the road. The odd thing to me is that if she went the opposite direction she would have been in a major shopping center with lots of stores and restaurants. And that way is on the main road and more well lit.

I never post---but I was just wondering if there is PROOF POSITIVE that Morgan ever really did arrive at the concert. Friends have been known to hurt friends before and cover up for each other. Maybe they kept her purse, used the cell to make that call then got rid of the purse. Just a thought.

Yes it is a nagging question as to why someone this young hasn't been a hot match on a missing person file. Several things stand out:
  1. The jeans shown don't appear to be the size of a 160-180 pound person, so the weight is off or the clothes don't belong to the deceased; could use some female help here, but I don't think size 5s fit 160 pound women.
  2. It is said the jeans were found "near' the body but LE is sure the jeans belong to her.
  3. The combo of purple toe socks and Hollister Surf Shoppe shirt should be enough to cue anyone seeing the clothing who knows her, and no one has come forward.
  4. The choice of dump site looks like the work of a local, since a stranger poking around to survey off-the-beaten-path areas runs the risk of being identified as out of place.

So if the jeans belong to the deceased, and are way too small to fit the body as described, what does that tell us of the rest of the description? Is it (puropsefully) inaccurate sending a message to whomever left her there without ID that LE is onto them without alerting the public that an identifiable missing body has been found? Was the body redressed? Could these clothes belong to Morgan (from an overnight bag) or be other clothes on her(ugh)?

C6

One link said the jeans are vanilla star ,I own some of those brand at 120 I could where the fives at 130 no way, I gave them to my niece,they didnt fit her at 115,she has bigger a bigger butt. They are sold at belk ,it is the only place I have ever seen them, they may be sold more places but I am a big shopper and have only ever seen them there.Belk does a very good sale on their jeans for teens where you can get them for 10 bucks a pair and I often get that brand as low as 5 bucks a pair ,I know when to hit the sales and they do the 5 dollar sale about 3 times a year. Right before school started in virginia this year they where 10 bucks.

Ok...just wanted to post one thing that has bugged me about something said by the dad early on....http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33480916/ns/today-today_people/
There's a paragraph right next to the parents picture, where the dad says "for the past 6 months...etc" why did he say the "6 months" part?? Why not say we have a great relationship?? Maybe she's done this stuff before...maybe SHE just left her purse and phone there. Just seems weird that the purses contents weren't dumped or anything. Could she just have "left it"....gone back to her apartment with someone - whomever - and just got some other neccessities and split??

And, just one thing about the jeans....I've bought some "supposed" Ann Taylor jeans on EBay....in a size 4...wellll, needless to say, they were NOT sized correctly, they DID fit a friend who was an 8...especially these days with the 1% spandex added to most jeans....and they ain't worn the way I wore jeans when I was younger...LOL

Ok...just wanted to post one thing that has bugged me about something said by the dad early on....http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33480916/ns/today-today_people/
There's a paragraph right next to the parents picture, where the dad says "for the past 6 months...etc" why did he say the "6 months" part?? Why not say we have a great relationship??

This is the whole quote from the article

“She’s really very a sweet person, kind of an innocent individual who probably is quite trusting,” Dan Harrington said. “She’s quite artistic, loves to read, and, really, over the last six months, Gil and Morgan and I had just a phenomenal relationship. She goes to school only 35 miles from here. We’ve been able to have daily contact with her. She’s a wonderful person.”

As MTG brings up in her post - something bugged her... Well to me it's odd too as well as the rest of the statement.

Were things bad between MH & her parents 6 months prior? Why would he say MH is a wonderful person - why not say my daughter is a wonderful person?

There is something more compelling about these links: the person who started the Facebook group is interviewed in the first transcript (it is only a few lines, you have to scroll down).

That person is also on the Metallica Facebook group, which interestingly, also has Harrington among its members.

There are only 217 people in that group, and they are not listed alphabetically, so they may be listed chronologically. Dude is on page one, Harrington on page 2. Presumably, the person who started the Facebook group would have had knowledge that Harrington was going to the concert well in advance. Coincidence?

bbm.

I commend the posters who found this information but am confused about the two statements I bolded.

Why is it strange that the guy in question and Morgan are both members of the Metallica Facebook group? They are obviously both fans of the band and attended the concert.

As for the question about coincidence, are you suggesting he targeted her before the concert and was able to find her among the thousands of other people in attendance? I haven't read the Metallica Facebook group. Did Morgan mention in which part of the arena she'd be seated?

Eyewitnesses are not foolproof. If you believe the eyewitnesses in the Caylee Anthony case, that baby was having a grand time traveling all over the US while she lay dead in the woods. Besides, I'd bet that there were at least a 1000 other girls at that concert that looked like Morgan. I really haven't seen any solid proof that Morgan made it to the concert at all. Calls and text messages from her phone mean nothing to me as we don't know who's hand the phone was in.

The LE seem to think these witnesses are credible though. I don't recall LE confirming the sightings Caylee like they have with Morgan.
I guess I'm just wondering why some are dismissing the LE presser and their time-line. The sightings had to be found credible to create that time-line LE released to the press.
You would think they did some independent investigating to come out and give that time-line, and not just depend on what someone told them, right?
In LE's statements to the press they have Morgan inside the arena "moving around freely" with a small injured chin from a fall inside the arena. Then outside trying to get back in, then walking alone with her pocketbook back through the one parking lot, through the JV field, and the last sighting on the bridge.
Sorry, not buying the "she never showed to the concert" theory.

Until someone can give me credible proof something else took place I'll go with LE's official word for right now.

jmo

bbm.

I commend the posters who found this information but am confused about the two statements I bolded.

Why is it strange that the guy in question and Morgan are both members of the Metallica Facebook group? They are obviously both fans of the band and attended the concert.

As for the question about coincidence, are you suggesting he targeted her before the concert and was able to find her among the thousands of other people in attendance? I haven't read the Metallica Facebook group. Did Morgan mention in which part of the arena she'd be seated?

This person also worked part-time at the arena!

I'd be with you except for....

the dude in the parking lot said "group of girls" No dude was mentioned in this sighting; and at that time the male had not been reported as part of the group. KWIM?

Good point Kant; however, maybe the guy has long hair and was mistaken for one of the girls, or he met up with other friends when they first arrived. Who knows...

I never post---but I was just wondering if there is PROOF POSITIVE that Morgan ever really did arrive at the concert. Friends have been known to hurt friends before and cover up for each other. Maybe they kept her purse, used the cell to make that call then got rid of the purse. Just a thought.

Looks like this case has lots of us that never post - posting.

I agree with you. I don't think we know anything "proof positive" in this case. The more I read the more confused I get. :doh:

I really don't think that was her walking on that dark bridge in that area that late at night. No woman would ever think of that unless she had some kind of protection on her. I think those that "think" they saw her were mistaken. Thank you for posting the pictures.

I think it was in the previous thread where someone local mentioned the bridge is lit up the nights where there are events at the arena/university. IIRC, the poster also mentioned the bridge has a lot of pedestrian traffic those evenings.

2uj1qtx.jpg

Copeley Bridge over the tracks looking back towards the University Hall/Parking. John Paul Jones Arena is behind the UHall.
That railing looks disturbingly low. But maybe the angle of the shot is making it look lower than it is. (?)

This is the whole quote from the article

“She’s really very a sweet person, kind of an innocent individual who probably is quite trusting,” Dan Harrington said. “She’s quite artistic, loves to read, and, really, over the last six months, Gil and Morgan and I had just a phenomenal relationship. She goes to school only 35 miles from here. We’ve been able to have daily contact with her. She’s a wonderful person.”

As MTG brings up in her post - something bugged her... Well to me it's odd too as well as the rest of the statement.

Were things bad between MH & her parents 6 months prior? Why would he say MH is a wonderful person - why not say my daughter is a wonderful person?

I have a hard time reading any quotes by her parents because of their often intellectual, random stream-of-consciousness statements but definitely see their pain in the photos that accompany the interviews.

It's quite possible they had a strained relationship in the past that was recently mended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth