Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are probably right Waddles...

They are not at one specific area...so we could be getting our hopes up.

Who has access to the FB sleuth? ASre there just TONS of cops at the Comfort Inn? Maybe they found something at the construction site that brought them back to the hotel?

they're saying they've searched "several areas near State Farm and are now searching behind the building but that would be the last area to be searched related to this tip"

FB reports talking about an ice cream stand right near the search. That sent major chills up my spine. Previously I considered the idea and then thought it more likely that NK was just a lonely wacko, now I feel the reality might be very different.

Hi Moxie...

I am lost on the NK comments on FB...can you catch me up please?

FB reports talking about an ice cream stand right near the search. That sent major chills up my spine. Previously I considered the idea and then thought it more likely that NK was just a lonely wacko, now I feel the reality might be very different.

:eek:

Hi Moxie...

NK was a poster on FB posting creepy detailed scenarios, closer sleuthing of him revealed some pretty weird stuff-LE looking at him but could be nothing

You are probably right Waddles...

They are not at one specific area...so we could be getting our hopes up.

Who has access to the FB sleuth? ASre there just TONS of cops at the Comfort Inn? Maybe they found something at the construction site that brought them back to the hotel?

our WSer on the field is heading home now so we'll have her here soon

Are the comments still on FB? If so, on the wall or under discussion?

I am telling you, perps look at these boards and "enjoy" it. JMO!

Ice cream stand stays open to 10pm.....

the hospital is over 2 miles away from the nearest comfort inn.

the outpatient care facilities would be much closer though.

anyone know exactly where the construction is?

occMap02.gif

Hi Moxie...

Like Waddles said, he showed up briefly on the Find Morgan FB page and posted a series of scenarios to her wall, they were really detailed and creepy sounding. He talked about how she could have been picked up, and they may have talked for a while, then he talked about how someone may have suggested they get some ice cream, and in the parking lot of the ice cream place there was supposedly an unwelcome come-on, then a fight, and then she was killed.

It was really weird, it's still on the wall, I think, but you would have to go back a couple of days. The name that posted it has the initials NK.

Are the comments still on FB? If so, on the wall or under discussion?

I am telling you, perps look at these boards and "enjoy" it. JMO!

I know, we tried to control this on FB but it was too hard to do

comments section on the post on wall about search at the inn

Oh my lord...I just got goosebumps.

If the ice cream stand is part of this...how far, about 3 miles from the JPJ? How did she get there???

occMap02.gif

From Martha Jeff's website: "We have broken ground at our new campus located at Peter Jefferson Place."

This is near the Comfort Inn and where I-64 crosses 250 east of town...also called "Pantops Mountain."

occMap02.gif

There is actually a chain of office buildings related to MJ hospital on 250 about 1/2 mile from the Comfort Inn, within walking distance. I believe that is what they are talking about. There is construction going on right now at that location.

From Martha Jeff's website: "We have broken ground at our new campus located at Peter Jefferson Place."

This is near the Comfort Inn and where I-64 crosses 250 east of town...also called "Pantops Mountain."

OK, this is where I had thought the search was earlier - the railroad tracks cross the river right in this very area.

VirginiaDoll -
I was one of the sleuthers that posted something on NK. Here's what I wrote a few days ago:

"I've been in that FB group for some time now. I just read NK's posts, and while they clearly indicate he probably has some issues...I'm not sure there is any truth behind them. They seem to be just fantasies, being used to get attention.
However, they are pretty suspicious...so I'm glad it has been confirmed that he was reported to LE. You never know, I guess...and it's best to follow-up on crazies like him. Doesn't have many friends/much of a social life...joined FB not quite a year ago and since then almost all of the activity on his wall has been his own status updates...he's joined a few strange facebook groups...
Searching around on FB...on a woman's picture, he referenced Morgan's disappearance and said that he lives about 3 miles from the JPJ arena. Hmm...
But still, I'm not sure that this person is guilty of doing anything but being a huge creep."
Another sleuther gave us a summary of his FB posts, so here is that:
"Sure. His scenario.

- Morgan is very intoxicated. An older fatherly or safe looking guy stops to see if she is OK. She tells him what's going on and he decides to give her a ride. He thinks she's hot and wants to be alone with her. He tells her jokes and asks her about himself. He talks about his divorce and Metallica. They stop to get coffee. He tells her they should get some ice cream. They go to the ice cream place but he parks far away from it in the parking lot. He's making her laugh and he hits her playfully on the shoulder a few times. He touches her leg and her mood changes, she doesn't like it. There is a struggle and punches are thrown. Eventually she is unconscious and he's on top of her. She's in a coma. He takes her home, finds out she is dead and thinks about what he should do with her now." (from ChiliFries)

Ice cream stand stays open to 10pm.....

Good information since the creep (NK?)'s scenario of Morgan being taken by a "fatherly" type person included stopping in a parking lot near an ice cream stand, with her in the car.

Is the following question too crazy:

Could a "fatherly" type person have offered to take Morgan to the emergency room of the Martha Jefferson Hospital to have her facial injury seen by a doctor? Not that he actually took her to the ER, but used it as a ruse to get her into his vehicle. I think the fact that these tips came in right after today's press conference gives them some validity. JMO.

Any thoughts?

On HLN Now:
Parents, Mom is so distressed sounding. They are talking about search this weekend. Nothing about today yet..

Search and RESCUE (that's a new term to us) team Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Gil is still hopeful.

Police have told Dan nothing, he JUST SAW on the news about the construction site news...

VA state police have gotten 350 leads, good credible..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro