Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a new email...
Tomorrow a meeting is taking place for volunteers.

Timeline has stayed the same.

More after the break..
Whew!

On HLN Now:
Parents, Mom is so distressed sounding. They are talking about search this weekend. Nothing about today yet..

Search and RESCUE (that's a new term to us) team Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Gil is still hopeful.

Police have told Dan nothing, he JUST SAW on the news about the construction site news...

VA state police have gotten 350 leads, good credible..

do you mean there are 350 good leads??

so now it isn;t just SEARCH...they have included RESCUE to it!

What do you think this means?

thank goodness something is finally being done. IMO nothing is worse than LE seemingly just sitting on their hands. So long with no info released and no searches - so glad that that is changing now.

she said about 350 leads, many were good and credible.

Sounds like the parents are out of the loop if they are hearing about the search happening now from the news and not the police!

Back on HLN:

Parents ask for volunteers.

Asking Dad about getting back into arena...and texting a young man.

He says she was texting BEFORE and AFTER she left the arena, at another college. He;s not sure what the communication was, but he is not under suspicion. they know nothing about the kid.

The detctive talking now is an idiot.. he still thinks she could've gotten back in with a ticket..NO you idiot! It is a ZERO re entrance policy ticket or not!

VA Police said that all friends are cooperating, in addition they do not believe that she was a victim of foul play.
??
Does she mean at the hands of the friends?

aaaargh so many people are clueless on this case-who is responsible for this, whole thing from the start has been unbelievable --the car, the "panera", the fall, the ignored tips, the parents not knowing...

Here's a question I haven't seen asked yet.

Who tells her friends she's going to look for a ride without mentioning the names of the people she's going to ask?

Somebody on Facebook suggested that the LE -- and her friends and family -- know who she got a ride from. I think that theory explains pretty much every puzzling point debated over in these threads, from the conflicting information that was released about the car, to why her friends let her leave, to why she did leave instead of hanging around in her car, to why they haven't been looking at surveillance video, or doing extensive searches, to why her friends aren't talking. If this is the case, it makes sense still that what the LE want is an eyewitness who can place the known suspect, or his/her car, at the scene.

Where this theory confuses me is, in a case like this, don't they have the right to just go check out someone anyway? Or do they not know where he is, or do they fear for her safety if they release his ID? (Which would be great, in a perverse way, because that suggests they think she's still OK.) But if this theory is correct, seriously, how much longer can they try this approach? If somebody has slapped the theory up on Facebook, it's certainly not a secret anymore!

ETA: Actually, on extended thought, this theory would still not explain why they were so slow to look at the surveillance video. :(

And edited once again to add: Although this theory could support the idea that she left, at least first, with the idea of running off for the night? A secret date gone bad?

EDIT:NOTE: this was posted b4 i read all these post about the flurry of activity. This sudden rush of activity maybe inticates they do have someone they have pulled in with out it getting out IDK but it is of course possible. something has set this off.

Note: I know the FB post you're referring to.

If there’s enough evidence to suspect him there is enough to get a search warrant and at least bring him in for questioning (my opinion and actually I have no idea what the legal burden to get a warrant is, but It pretty much seems that unless his dad is bill gates or the governor of Virginia then if they want a search warrant their gonna get one). Sometimes they don't do that in a case and they watch the suspect for awhile but in this case it's hard for me to see what could be gained by that AND you would run the huge risk of her having still been alive after you identified this person as a POI but before you searched their residence or at least brought them in for questioning. Based on this honestly I think there is 0% chance that there is someone they feel strongly is involved but they are just waiting to do something.....not much to gain ALOT to lose. Of course it is possible they have already interview and questioned the individual but somehow have keep it and his identity from leaking out idk, aren't search warrants filed publicly within a short time of the search?

If it is the case that they have identified the person, but can't find him then it would make sense for a day or two or maybe even a week to keep it on the DL because maybe he is just away and they don't want to spook him. But it’s been like 3 weeks I think it’s safe to say if you are looking for someone and can't find them for 3 weeks its b/c they are already trying not to be found therefore I would think the best thing to do would be to plaster their name all over the news. Maybe if someone’s buddy is on the run trying to beat a drug trafficking charge or w/e they are willing to aid and abet them. But if you know that they were wanted in connection with this crime....with this girl....people are going to be much less likely to offer safe haven.

All this is my opinion and really what the hell do I know. When I read that theory on FB yesterday I found it interesting. Honestly I would not be surprised if parts or it turnout to be accurate, but the above are just holes I see in it.

It all comes down to if they were already focusing in on one person what would they possibly be waiting for?

so now it isn;t just SEARCH...they have included RESCUE to it!

What do you think this means?

I don't have any insider information into this case... BUT I feel like this is good news. The word rescue to me insinuates that they think she may be alive. I am hoping and praying this is the case!!

VA Police said that all friends are cooperating, in addition they do not believe that she was a victim of foul play.
??

huh? the lead I ws given was it was friends and something went wrong -if this lead is true-so wouldn't that still count as foul play? :waitasec:

aaaargh so many people are clueless on this case-who is responsible for this, whole thing from the start has been unbelievable --the car, the "panera", the fall, the ignored tips, the parents not knowing...

I agree, I have never been so frustrated in my entire life.
I can't imagine how her parents feel.

If the ice cream stand is part of this...how far, about 3 miles from the JPJ? How did she get there???

Just looked it up: The closest ice cream place (1.9 miles away) to today's search area is probably Chandler's Ice Cream at 921 River Road, which is apparently in the parking lot of a tractor supply store (i.e., fairly isolated), not in a shopping center. Since NK's FB posts included getting ice cream, that's why people got "the willies."

I don't have any insider information into this case... BUT I feel like this is good news. The word rescue to me insinuates that they think she may be alive. I am hoping and praying this is the case!!

Good thought! If they thought she wasn't alive they would have said RECOVERY

??
--------

VirginiaDoll:

Does the word "they" in your post refer to "VA Police" or to "all friends"?

Seems VERY significant if the Virginia police are stating publicly that the Virginia police do not believe she (Morgan) was a victim of foul play. So, do the Virginia police think she ran off?

TIA. bbm

huh? the lead I ws given was it was friends and something went wrong -if this lead is true-so wouldn't that still count as foul play? :waitasec:

I don't know. I personally don't think her friends had anything to do with it. From what I understand they are devestated, and her parents have defended them. The cops say they are cooperating. They probably arent talking to the news because they are just 20 year olf kids and are probably very traumatized.

IMO, they are not the same type of kids as in the BD case, those kids acted like total scumbags IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme