Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked it up: The closest ice cream place (1.9 miles away) to today's search area is probably Chandler's Ice Cream at 921 River Road, which is apparently in the parking lot of a tractor supply store (i.e., fairly isolated), not in a shopping center. Since NK's FB posts included getting ice cream, that's why people got "the willies."

There is a frozen yogurt place right near the Comfort Inn, Kohr Brothers Frozen Custard‎ at 2151 Richmond Rd. It does have a very secluded area in the back of the parking lot. I think NK is probably an uninvolved wacko but I don't think it's smart to disregard him at this point. He lives 6 miles away from the Comfort Inn/construction search area. Both his house and the search area are right off Interstate 64 about 6 miles apart.

There is a frozen yogurt place right near the Comfort Inn, Kohr Brothers Frozen Custard‎ at 2151 Richmond Rd. It does have a very secluded area in the back of the parking lot. I think NK is probably an uninvolved wacko but I don't think it's smart to disregard him at this point. He lives 6 miles away from the Comfort Inn/construction search area. Both his house and the search area are right off Interstate 64 about 6 miles apart.

How do you know where he lives?

"Twenty-year-old Morgan Dana Harrington was last seen on a bridge that crosses railroad tracks after she became separated from her friends at a Metallica concert Oct. 17."

How long is the bridge? Does it go over water or a valley? How high are the tracks? Are the tracks near the parking area? Could she have been more seriously injured than people believe. They need to really search under and around those tracks. . especially if it is heavily wooded.

Natasha Richardson was (figuratively) walking & talking one minute and dead the next. Morgan could have been dazed/confused, wandering around out there on that bridge and there is a possiblity that (if she has passed) it could have been an accident.
Melissa

Hence no massive searches initally. I'm just speculating so don't jump on me. The lack of major searches initially has left me wondering the above question...:waitasec:

I don't really know what is typical or what comprises "massive searches" but they were searching with many people and dogs for the first like 4 days of the "case". I guess maybe even more is typical? Just based on my memmory of other cases I don't find this to be unusual I mean there seems to usually be some searching in the beginning then as the have leads or tips pointing to certain areas they search them like they are this afternoon. I mean you have to be careful in comparing the ammount of searching done for someone who has been missing a year and someone who has been missing 3 weeks. But idk maybe there has been an unusually little amount of searching done here but that is not my opinion.

I hope that is not jumping on you :-( jumping was not my intention....as far as her parents telling them she could have run off I'm sure thats very possible but I don't think what this afternoons search is based on is not something they have been sitting on I think its something to came up in the last 24ish hours. Again my opinion only.

I agree Le Singe... They seemed to have gone up there at 3:30 pm ish...so not like they got out bright and early. It may have happened today

Woah. I feel way too creep sleuth about that. I am not sure it is legal to post about a private, unnamed citizen on here. is it?

We can discuss him using initials and discuss something general like how far he lives away from a search area but it's not appropriate to post his full name or his actual address.

I agree Le Singe... They seemed to have gone up there at 3:30 pm ish...so not like they got out bright and early. It may have happened today

As I posted earlier, I think the fact that these tips came in after today's news conference (starting at 1 p.m. ET) gives the tips some validity. JMO.

For some reason I cannot copy and paste - This is a comment from the latest article at www.readthehook.com

"An employee of nearby BB&T bank declined comment on investigators reviewing surveillance at the bank, and the manager of the Cavalier Inn Best Western on Emmet Street did not return the Hook’s call by posting time."

We've wondered if she used her ATM card... The bank people aren't commenting...could mean something...then again it may not mean anything that they aren't commenting...

So could it be MH did make it to an ATM... Got cash, someone saw her doing this...took advantage of the opportunity and robbed her? Then something happened...

I guess there is no way for us to know why they didn't comment, but reasoning is very possible. When I read it what went through my mind was "...they don't want to throw the police 'under the bus' if you will and didn't want to become involve in the whole media whirlwind..." that was just my thought when I read this not that my thought is anymore likely than yours.

P.S. just to be clear the article was more talking about the (in their opinion) lateness of LE getting the servalance tapes hence the throwing LE under the bus by commenting thought.

Thanks Chili!

I get paranoid about everything! You didnt post his address anyway...or name.

I just get paranoid:)

Thanks, missed Kohr Bros in my search (and I love going to the one out 29 N by Amigos/Lowes/Woodbrook road)...didn't come up in my search under "ice cream," because it's technically custard, I guess...hope it's all much ado about nothing.

I personally wouldn't post and of that stuff cuz thats just not how i roll. I also do not know what the WS policy on this is but I do believe that if he has put his real name out there in commenting on the case then he has to have the expectation that people can lookup his number and address. Now I think it would be totally wrong for anyone to call him and harass him or show up at his house or even go drive by his house just to see it. and anyone concerned about him should just report him to the athorities. But it some thing in the year 2009 we all have to be aware of if you post somewhere under your actually name....and you are in the phone book then people can find you.

What i guess would be different is if his name was unknown and someone dug it up...but in this case it at least appears he put his name out there. Actually take this with a grain of salt since don't know anything about him or what he said other than what i read here 9i personally think its just someone who is a wierdo looking for attention or some such so I have not been motivated to jump over there and read up on what the fuss is about.

OMG! My heart sank and I PM'd Waddles!
Do you know who posted it?
It must have been taken down..I can't find it...

Nothing on any news stations yet...

ya i can't see but i can't see anything at all about the search so maybe they took the whole thread down IDK

That would be FB admins?

I was thinking admins of the particular page. And if completely unfounded I can see their point.

I want to apologize to the group for posting about this, but I, too, felt my heart sink and wanted to share what I thought might be breaking news. My post was 3 minutes after the post and 2 minutes after another member asked where the original poster had heard it, now both deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme