Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what river and what point on the river they were searching?

you clarified that it was unconfirmed so thats is ok with me.

EDit: not that my opinion matters in the grand scheme of things but your always better with the LE Singe stamp of approval

I also saw the post (it had been there 28 seconds) and asked where the poster heard that news, but when I went back to see if she posted back, it was gone.

Does anyone know what river and what point on the river they were searching?

few pages back there is lots of speculation in regards to this. I don't know what if anything was desided as I am not from the area so none of the names of places or rivers mean anything to me so i just skimmed over that part.

The Rivanna River runs close to where they were searching this evening. I am in Charlottesville about 5 miles from Pantops.

I was thinking admins of the particular page. And if completely unfounded I can see their point.

I want to apologize to the group for posting about this, but I, too, felt my heart sink and wanted to share what I thought might be breaking news. My post was 3 minutes after the post and 2 minutes after another member asked where the original poster had heard it, now both deleted.

To clarify -- are these posts missing from FB? Or from Websleuths? TIA.

Do we know the search definitely concluded? Or are they still up there? If the search concluded< I'd say it's highly unlikely that a body was found.

JMO

hmmm or maybe not, there was an update from the police at 6pm ish. Let's put a big IF out there... IF they found anything, I would hope they contact her parents first. Her dad said today on HLN, that he just learned about the search in Charlottesville today via the news. Maybe IF they did find anything, we have to wait for the parents to be made aware before it goes public

Sorry to be the one to mention this but...doesn't it seem strange to anybody other than me that the day after elections..they start searching and say it was tips from the press conference??? What about all the tips they have been receiving up to Tuesday??

As I said in an earlier posting..I think the LE was busy with the election and Morgan was on the "back burner".

Elections over..back to business?????

hmm it's hard for me to tell from the times since I am in a different time zpne than virginia but only one hour difference so sometimes its hard for me to tell if i'm seeing the lastest update times on article's in my time or EST but the lasted press release from the VaSP was that around the time the rumor went up and therefore maybe in response to it or was it from before the rumor was posted. Idealy I sure they would like to inform the family first and certainly they never say anything publicly till they inform them, but if there is a strong media presence there then it would be real difficult for them to take a body out w/ out the media knowing.

hmmm or maybe not, there was an update from the police at 6pm ish. Let's put a big IF out there... IF they found anything, I would hope they contact her parents first. Her dad said today on HLN, that he just learned about the search in Charlottesville today via the news. Maybe IF they did find anything, we have to wait for the parents to be made aware before it goes public

In these cases it seems slow for such news to come out to US, but we have to remember it is not just "notify the parents", even if this is a true report. They in turn need time to notify aunts, uncles, grandparents, close friends etc. and reaching a lot of people who need to know before such an announcement hits the media can take time. Each of those people would need to talk a bit with the family for all of their own peace of mind, comfort and support. It is a time consuming process, and depending on how large of an extended family exists, it could take hours.

jmoo

All we can do is pray that htye find her safe. If the worst has happened, I pray that they find her so her family wont have to live life, always wondering.

And I pray they catch the perp.h

Sorry to be the one to mention this but...doesn't it seem strange to anybody other than me that the day after elections..they start searching and say it was tips from the press conference??? What about all the tips they have been receiving up to Tuesday??

As I said in an earlier posting..I think the LE was busy with the election and Morgan was on the "back burner".

Elections over..back to business?????

1. The state police might be slightly more busy on an election day, but really I don't think it's a big deal. furthermore if this were ever to get out it of course would be a huge brewhahah. Honestly I highly doubt state police body guards candidates, even for governor, certainly not for like state senator and what not. There probably is a increased police presence at the polling place but I highly doubt this is the responsibility of the state police. So I think I disagree.

they start searching and say it was tips from the press conference???

Assuming "they" is LE then they never said that it was something that was speculated about here. They said they were following up "leads" they didn't even say they were from "tips" nor did they specify when they may have developed, it's possible that certain media outlets have speculated about this but "they" LE have not said anything like this. So I doubt that they are intentionally misleading us through a statement they never made b/c that is physically impossible.

3. Yes we really landed on the moon it was not filmed in the Arizona desert or on a sound stage.

4. Elvis and Tu-pac are really dead.

5. space aliens did not shoot JFK

6. the mayan calander thing is horse poop. (come on they couldn't even come up with the wheel)

I don't really know what is typical or what comprises "massive searches" but they were searching with many people and dogs for the first like 4 days of the "case". I guess maybe even more is typical? Just based on my memmory of other cases I don't find this to be unusual I mean there seems to usually be some searching in the beginning then as the have leads or tips pointing to certain areas they search them like they are this afternoon. I mean you have to be careful in comparing the ammount of searching done for someone who has been missing a year and someone who has been missing 3 weeks. But idk maybe there has been an unusually little amount of searching done here but that is not my opinion.

I hope that is not jumping on you :-( jumping was not my intention....as far as her parents telling them she could have run off I'm sure thats very possible but I don't think what this afternoons search is based on is not something they have been sitting on I think its something to came up in the last 24ish hours. Again my opinion only.

What I was referring to, were all the posts, the first two weeks, that stated "no posters of MH" had been put up. I was also referring to the lack of information, how long it took the LE to get out a (half-way) decent timeline... I too am wondering about the election... I realize MH isn't 7, but in Florida, they were searching in droves most recently for that poor little girl. I hope some info has come in and after reading all of this... Has it been determined whether or not it is a search and rescue or a search and recovery? What I mean has been it been determined who stated search and rescue? The reporter or the LE?

Has it been determined whether or not it is a search and rescue or a search and recovery? What I mean has been it been determined who stated search and rescue? The reporter or the LE?

I really can't answer your question, because I'm more confused tonight then I've been over these last couple nights. All I know is that I really am worried about Morgan. I know this sounds weird, because I don't know her, but thats just how I feel.

1. The state police might be slightly more busy on an election day, but really I don't think it's a big deal. furthermore if this were ever to get out it of course would be a huge brewhahah. Honestly I highly doubt state police body guards candidates, even for governor, certainly not for like state senator and what not. There probably is a increased police presence at the polling place but I highly doubt this is the responsibility of the state police. So I think I disagree.

Assuming "they" is LE then they never said that it was something that was speculated about here. They said they were following up "leads" they didn't even say they were from "tips" nor did they specify when they may have developed, it's possible that certain media outlets have speculated about this but "they" LE have not said anything like this. So I doubt that they are intentionally misleading us through a statement they never made b/c that is physically impossible.

3. Yes we really landed on the moon it was not filmed in the Arizona desert or on a sound stage.

4. Elvis and Tu-pac are really dead.

5. space aliens did not shoot JFK

6. the mayan calander thing is horse poop. (come on they couldn't even come up with the wheel)

Hummm not to start an argument but aren't you the one..further up..to far for me to look back that gave me the "lecture" on there only being so many LE and what did I expect. So I took that "lecture" and wrapped it up in my arms and all of a sudden I looked down and thought...hum...he is right there are only so many LE and with the politicians and polling places..they must have been busy. But today they have recovered enough to organize searches and look into all the tips that have been pouring in?????

Was I wrong..did I misunderstand you...should I find your quote and..remind you. lol

... Has it been determined whether or not it is a search and rescue or a search and recovery? What I mean has been it been determined who stated search and rescue? The reporter or the LE?

To the best of my knowledge this is the only offical statement LE has made on the matter:

Good evening, I’ve received numerous calls about police activity this afternoon related to this case. State and local law enforcement did conduct a search in the Pantops area near Charlottesville this afternoon. Investigators were simply following up on yet another lead related to the Morgan Harrington case. At this time, the lead has not provided any significant information or findings.

the search and rescue/recovery thing was a reporter afaik it's just semantic's people are way over analysising stuff b/c there is not other new news to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme