Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
--------

VirginiaDoll:

Does the word "they" in your post refer to "VA Police" or to "all friends"?

Seems VERY significant if the Virginia police are stating publicly that the Virginia police do not believe she (Morgan) was a victim of foul play. So, do the Virginia police think she ran off?

TIA. bbm

THEY means the police. Sorry, I was typing fast transcribing while I was listening!

I don't know. I personally don't think her friends had anything to do with it. From what I understand they are devestated, and her parents have defended them. The cops say they are cooperating. They probably arent talking to the news because they are just 20 year olf kids and are probably very traumatized.

IMO, they are not the same type of kids as in the BD case, those kids acted like total scumbags IMO.

sorry, I meant I have info about a whole diff bunch of "friends" altogether

So, to recpa...

The reporter saiud she has communicated with the VA State Police and THEY say that friends are cooperating, and at this time THEY don;t believe she was a victim of foul play.

My question was so what..they think she ran away? Or they just don;t think the friends had anything to do with foul play?

VA Police said that all friends are cooperating, in addition they do not believe that she was a victim of foul play.
??
Does she mean at the hands of the friends?

Not a victim of foul play??? WTH does that mean? I'm with you...do friends have something to do with this....did she overdose....did she have some kind of accident resulting in serious injury or death?

Good thought! If they thought she wasn't alive they would have said RECOVERY

Was it a reporter or LE who said it? If it's the reporter, the media uses the term "search and rescue" quite a bit more often than "search and recovery." He/she could have slipped up and not realized what had been said, or (more hopefully) did mean to report it that way.

Was it a reporter or LE who said it? If it's the reporter, the media uses the term "search and rescue" quite a bit more often than "search and recovery." He/she could have slipped up and not realized what had been said, or (more hopefully) did mean to report it that way.

It was her DAD. I just realized that so I edited my first post!

So, to recpa...

The reporter saiud she has communicated with the VA State Police and THEY say that friends are cooperating, and at this time THEY don;t believe she was a victim of foul play.

My question was so what..they think she ran away? Or they just don;t think the friends had anything to do with foul play?

Perhaps they think she did get a ride from a person known to her (and to them?) but that she is now nowhere to be found and should still have shown up that next day -that does not mean she ran away but that something might have gone wrong...

huh? the lead I ws given was it was friends and something went wrong -if this lead is true-so wouldn't that still count as foul play? :waitasec:

I'm confused about this also; I agree that even if the "event" (for lack of a better word) started off with Morgan meeting a friend or at least an acquaintance the evening of October 17, and then something went awry, I would consider that to be "foul play."

Does "foul play" necessarily have to involve the intention to cause harm to someone? Can't anything accidental (under suspicious circumstances), be considered "foul play" if it leads to the disappearance/death of a person?

I'm confused about this also; I agree that even if the "event" (for lack of a better word) started off with Morgan meeting a friend or at least an acquaintance the evening of October 17, and then something went awry, I would consider that to be "foul play."

Does "foul play" necessarily have to involve the intention to cause harm to someone? Can't anything accidental (under suspicious circumstances), be considered "foul play" if it leads to the disappearance/death of a person?

My questions exactly -this is so puzzling. I really can't see anything but foul play as possible, even if it's at the hands of an acquaintance, or an accident someone is hiding -this still seems like "foul play" to me

Let me get this straight, because I do get confused easily. They don't think she's a victim of foul play? So they know that she's still alive? so I guess that leaves the door opened to idea of her maybe running away with someone. This is just crazy.

I have to get up in 5 hours, it's midnight here. Could someone possibly PM me if there is a big break overnight? thank you :)

Let me get this straight, because I do get confused easily. They don't think she's a victim of foul play? So they know that she's still alive? so I guess that leaves the door opened to idea of her maybe running away with someone. This is just crazy.

That is just crazy I agree-but they have blundered on wording before so I don't know -maybe they just meant there is no evidence of foul play, just as there is none that she ran away

That is just crazy I agree-but they have blundered on wording before so I don't know -maybe they just meant there is no evidence of foul play, just as there is none that she ran away

This is the only explanation that makes sense. Or else is was just someone misspeaking. They obviously think there was foul play if they're begging for whoever took her to let her go.

So, to recpa...

I don't get it shouldn't this be very significant news, Didn't they have a press conference today, I did not hear it I've been in the field at work today did they mention this in the presser? I mean last I heard although they were not saying they felt SURE she was the victim of a crime they surely seem to hint that it was a good possibility. I'm just wondering if the reporter foul this up.

Never the less this does seem to be great news since i guess it means they think she is alive. Unless of course they think she went with someone ---> die of an accidental overdose ----> and the people freaked out and dumped her body....I guess maybe you could describes this as no foul play but if it was me I certainly would word it differently if it was a public statement...P.S. i'm the type of parinoid jackass that would consider anything i said to a report to be a "public statement"

I have a sinking feeling that we still do not know anything. The only positive thing is that the LE search effort is actually going on and the parents are organizing a search effort as well.

I have a question... Do you guys think maybe just maybe the parents are afraid that she took off and gave the LE, early on, a reasonable suspicion that MH took off? Hence no massive searches initally. I'm just speculating so don't jump on me. The lack of major searches initially has left me wondering the above question...:waitasec:

Just getting here for a bit. The sky is a beautiful reddish orange tonight. Just a gorgeous view of the sunset.

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11444517

Authorities have confirmed that search crews are combing an area on Pantops Mountain. The search started with the construction site around Martha Jefferson Hospital. Police were seen going through storage units on the site. After searching the hospital site, they moved to the area around State Farm.

It's good to see that there are searches going on: Searches Friday through Sunday

Community asked to search for missing Va. student

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — The parents of a Virginia Tech student who went missing in Charlottesville last month are asking the community to help search for her this weekend.
Dan Harrington told a news conference Wednesday the three-day search will be coordinated by the Laura Recovery Center, a Texas-based group that helps to recover missing children.
Click here to read the story

Press conference at link:
http://www.nbc29.com/global/Category.asp?C=175568&clipId=4271004&topVideoCatNo=82958&autoStart=true

For some reason I cannot copy and paste - This is a comment from the latest article at www.readthehook.com

"An employee of nearby BB&T bank declined comment on investigators reviewing surveillance at the bank, and the manager of the Cavalier Inn Best Western on Emmet Street did not return the Hook’s call by posting time."

We've wondered if she used her ATM card... The bank people aren't commenting...could mean something...then again it may not mean anything that they aren't commenting...

So could it be MH did make it to an ATM... Got cash, someone saw her doing this...took advantage of the opportunity and robbed her? Then something happened...

ok...I am back..had to make dinner for the man:)

So...to clarify;

The person who said "at this time they do not believe foul play was involved" was a reporter on HLN. She said it from communication she had with the police.

I am shocked if they think there was no foul play...maybe she did misspeak. Or maybe she said it in reference to what the cops believe with regards to the friends (ie. the friends are cooperating, not suspects, no foul play from that standpoint)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member