Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K. - just going over this in my head...yet again!

Morgan and friends took her car from her parents home to Harrisburg and then on to the concert, then the friends left, after the concert, and drove Morgan's car back to Harrisburg for the night, right?

On Sunday, IIRC, her dad reported her missing ~12:30 p.m. Did Dr. Harrington call the friends by that time? Cause they must have planned to stop at the Harrington's to drop off Morgan's car, so she would have a way back to school that night, but imagine they hadn't left that early?

Hi WeetzieBat!! Welcome to Websleuths! I used to enjoy reading those books when i was younger by F. Lia Block!

When all is said and done her friends have to be really hurting. After all somebody made just one bad judgement call and now their friend is missing and everybody is looking at them as bad friends.

There is this thing called "fate". Was this Morgans "fate"?

I am sure it was really loud in that arena. Music, talk, shouting back and forth. Phones working..some not working. Batteries dying. Somehow they lost Morgan. I am sure that haunts them.

If only we could turn back the hands of time..how simple it all would be.

If she was calling her friends, she should have texted them as well, arenas are very very noisy. The friends lack of concern baffles me, they have her car and she's telling them on the phone to go home without her, they didn't think anything of that? Maybe it's kids thinking they are invincible and nothing will happen at that age, however if they were good friends they should have went looking for her as soon as she called from outside the concert. You don't leave a friend alone by herself in a huge arena with a ton of people. Buddy system applies. They didn't use it or care too, i'm wondering if the friends were drinking most likely.

If we can find out what type cell phone she had, their should be a back cover that holds in the battery. Most newer phones have that. If the battery was missing and the back cover was still on the phone, then something isn't right. If the battery just dropped out and fell and Morgan didn't notice then the back cover would be gone too.
It's these details i wish we knew..

A couple of thoughts this evening.

I have changed my mind about her meeting somebody that night. Common sense says she lived with a roommate and could have met anybody any time. Why would she go to a concert and then duck out? Doesn't make sense.

My other thought came while watching the video of the search today. It is going to be rough looking for this and that. The leaves are falling and are all over..hiding evidence if there is any. Soon the snow.

A couple of thoughts this evening.

I have changed my mind about her meeting somebody that night. Common sense says she lived with a roommate and could have met anybody any time. Why would she go to a concert and then duck out? Doesn't make sense.

My other thought came while watching the video of the search today. It is going to be rough looking for this and that. The leaves are falling and are all over..hiding evidence if there is any. Soon the snow.

I don't believe she was meeting anyone either. A couple of reasons come to mind as to why MH ended up outside
1) argument with someone inside - got attitude...
2) embarrassed by the fall or disoriented by the fall
3) was asked to leave by an arena employee
4) see below (smoking)

Also I wish someone in the know would describe the smoking area.
1) is it a sheltered area outside
2) is it actually inside
3) if it's outside is it fenced, roped or chained in

If it's the latter, maybe she went out to smoke - it was crowded and she was unable to make it back to the door - stepped out of the chain or rope to the next door and was not allowed back in (actually this is what makes the most sense to me).

Even if the MH was partying the friends may not have wanted to give her keys back to her - but yet they could have brought down the clicker to her so she could at least sit in her car...

Slow evening so I decided to watch the bands we have all been talking about on youtube. Metallica..of course the lead singers can't sing but they beat around the stage quite a bit and I can see how college students would like them. Pantera..no voice but lots of long hair and big hats.

Then I looked in on Lamb of God. Mercy. I watched a concert over in England and they started out with the f word and went right into every other dirty word. I x'd them out before I got a chance to..hear them "sing".

Even if the MH was partying the friends may not have wanted to give her keys back to her - but yet they could have brought down the clicker to her so she could at least sit in her car...

that would have been the perfect thing to have done, unfortunately nobody thought of it!

I've been thinking and thinking about her walk outside the arena. What if she spoke with friends inside then either lost the battery to phone or the battery was really low so she took it out of the phone and maybe put it in her pocket.

Maybe she walked around to the groups of people she saw outside to ask if she could use someone's phone to try to reach her friends again or call her parents or whatever. Eventually reaching the RV lot. Maybe someone (a guy) in that area she asked about a phone, pointed her to the 7-11. As she was walking that direction he takes his vehicle and goes over by the 7-11 or in one of the dimly lit parking lots between Copley rd. and the 7-11 that she may have walked through to get there.

At this point if she did cut through (it was cold so most likely) he could have grabbed her or pulled up and did one of the old, "Hey, its you again... did you get ahold of someone? blah blah... hey I'll let you use my phone after all..... want to sit in the warm car a minute while you make your call...."

I don't believe she was meeting anyone either. A couple of reasons come to mind as to why MH ended up outside
1) argument with someone inside - got attitude...
2) embarrassed by the fall or disoriented by the fall
3) was asked to leave by an arena employee
4) see below (smoking)

Also I wish someone in the know would describe the smoking area.
1) is it a sheltered area outside
2) is it actually inside
3) if it's outside is it fenced, roped or chained in

If it's the latter, maybe she went out to smoke - it was crowded and she was unable to make it back to the door - stepped out of the chain or rope to the next door and was not allowed back in (actually this is what makes the most sense to me).

I think #4 part #3 makes a lot of sense, if she inadvertently went somewhere she wasn't supposed to go while in an outside smoking area (I don't know what the configuration there is). Would explain the myspace comment by a guy working a door. No evidence, though, according to LE PIO, of her being "asked" to leave (#3), just barred re-admission. #1 and #2 just feel less likely to me. And though I, too, am curious about this part, LE doesn't seem focused on the reason she was out, just that she was.

Her car may have been old enough not to have clicker (don't know), and she would have been sitting alone in a cold car for however long the show would last (it hadn't started yet...iirc someone said they came on at 9:40). It also may not have been possible to pass something out without risking being thrown out oneself. I think it just didn't occur to the friends, and they figured she'd be fine, whether because they knew who she was meeting/hitting up for a ride or just because of youthful attitudes of innocence.

Slow evening so I decided to watch the bands we have all been talking about on youtube. Metallica..of course the lead singers can't sing but they beat around the stage quite a bit and I can see how college students would like them. Pantera..no voice but lots of long hair and big hats.

Then I looked in on Lamb of God. Mercy. I watched a concert over in England and they started out with the f word and went right into every other dirty word. I x'd them out before I got a chance to..hear them "sing".

Gojira (from France) was the other warm-up band (along with Lamb of God from Richmond). Gojira played one more show, the next night in Charlotte, then hit N.Y. before heading back to Europe. Lamb of God played Charlotte and continued on with Metallica to Toronto.

that would have been the perfect thing to have done, unfortunately nobody thought of it!

I've been thinking and thinking about her walk outside the arena. What if she spoke with friends inside then either lost the battery to phone or the battery was really low so she took it out of the phone and maybe put it in her pocket.

Maybe she walked around to the groups of people she saw outside to ask if she could use someone's phone to try to reach her friends again or call her parents or whatever. Eventually reaching the RV lot. Maybe someone (a guy) in that area she asked about a phone, pointed her to the 7-11. As she was walking that direction he takes his vehicle and goes over by the 7-11 or in one of the dimly lit parking lots between Copley rd. and the 7-11 that she may have walked through to get there.

At this point if she did cut through (it was cold so most likely) he could have grabbed her or pulled up and did one of the old, "Hey, its you again... did you get ahold of someone? blah blah... hey I'll let you use my phone after all..... want to sit in the warm car a minute while you make your call...."

Excellent points and seems that could be very plausible!

Respectfully snipped

Her car may have been old enough not to have clicker (don't know)

I think I saw somewhere in one of the posts or one of the articles that her car was a black 2006 Honda

I don't think Morgan was wandering around the parking lot. I don't think Morgan walked across the bridge, I think she got back into the concert with someone and had a good time. I think somebody picked her up, promising her something, back stage pass, whatever. Then she left with this person or group of persons, and they ditched her stuff in the parking lot. Did anyone ever see the video of the girl walking through and standing in front of a band performing. I know her dad said he couldn't be sure it was her because the young lady did not have tights on, but she did have a miniskirt on. I think this was her, I think she got duped by a sound man, floower, groupie, whatever. That's my theory.

I don't think Morgan was wandering around the parking lot. I don't think Morgan walked across the bridge, I think she got back into the concert with someone and had a good time. I think somebody picked her up, promising her something, back stage pass, whatever. Then she left with this person or group of persons, and they ditched her stuff in the parking lot. Did anyone ever see the video of the girl walking through and standing in front of a band performing. I know her dad said he couldn't be sure it was her because the young lady did not have tights on, but she did have a miniskirt on. I think this was her, I think she got duped by a sound man, floower, groupie, whatever. That's my theory.

Another girl has come forward (initials of DS - I think Dee is her first name - unusual last name) and has stated this was her in front of the band dancing. It has been confirmed that this was not MH in front of the band.

This article will give you the update of MH being outside and making several unsuccessful attempts at gaining re-entry.
http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...-joins-harrington-parents-new-details-emerge/

The JPL arena looks a lot like the Time Warner arena in Charlotte. The smoking section there is off the second tier, the tier where the uppper level seating is located. It is just a large balcony and the only way to leave once outside is to jump over the railing and fall to the ground below. I honestly don't think she did this.

IMO she intentionally went outside....for what reason I have no idea which is perplexing. It's obvious her friends wanted to cover up the fact they drove her car...hence not telling her parents the entire truth. I think when seriously questioned by LE, they told the truth and this is the reason for the discrepancy between her Dad and LE regarding the car. I also believe they told many other facts which LE are not disclosing.

IMO she knew the no re-entry policy and this leads me to believe she had a valid reason for being outside. I'm still leaning toward some kind of meeting that somehow fell through. This would account for her trying to get back in as well as her frustration and being so pi**ed.

IMO they all partied and with alcohol and probably drugs involved, the girls are quiet. LE is withholding info for this reason, but their main reason is not to compromise the investigation in any way. I think her alcohol/drug use made her more vulnerable both emotionally and in her decision making ability.

IMO once outside and as time passed in the cold weather, she was somehow taken/kidnapped/etc. The more time passes, the more I'm afraid we may never know what happened to her. I can't stand to even think this way, but however chilling this fact may be, it is also a reality.

As a parent, I can't begin to understand or imagine the pain her parents and brother are experiencing. I hope for their sake she is found. Not knowing would be an eternal hell.

God bless Morgan.....May she soon be found.

I definitely think she was high or drinking when she went off to smoke, and she fell somewhere inside the arena going to smoke. She decided to walk out the doors to get fresh air away from the crowded smoking area and to shake off her fall, and got locked out.
I think she just decided to walk around and see if any action was going on since it was a weekend, and a college campus. Most concerts have a party atmosphere outside the venue even if it was a little cold outside.
Not seeing any action in the immediate parking area she decided to walk where there were stores, maybe to get warm and wait or get something to eat/drink.

I believe she was nabbed by the bridge and by someone who knows that area well and maybe even associated with the university. This person probably watched her walk for a few minutes to see if she was with anyone or to make sure someone didn't catch up to her, maybe he crossed the bridge and passed her on the bridge and stopped and waited on the other side.
She got into someone's vehicle by force or by con artistry, and was never seen again.

I agree with Dakota at that last link concerninger her reentrance.
WHERE ARE THESE SO CALLED FRIENDS
you would think if these friends did get seperated from their friend, and left without checking up on her or etc. they would feel some guilt now whether they should or shouldn't.
If I were the friend I would be making pleads myself, talking to the public about the night.

Is this the new thing, go somewhere with friends and never be seen again??? ex Brittny Drexel

Also what is up with the officials, immediately releasing details of her car (make, model, color...) could have triggered something in peoples memories soon after the event. Maybe they could remember atleast seeing the friends arrive, etc.

I'm still wanting to know if she even made it to the concert. Because her and her friends supposed actions at the concert and outside the concert make no sense whatsoever. And seriously there were most likely enough girls at the concert, who looked like Morgan, and the area outside to make mistaken identity a problem.

Hmmm i started out to say I think the police are in a better position to know the truth and also when speaking through a spokes person (i.e. trained in public relations and image conscious) are less likely to speak in such strong language unless they are sure. So I would go with what they say.

But as I was typing this It occured to me that LE is also more likely to intentionally put out wrong information (for some investigative purposes). And while the father has not come out and said he is wrong he also has not commented one way or another in like a week. So idk.

Me personally I'm going with what the police say until I have more information one way or the other. But it is still possible it's the other way around and LE told the family not to say any more about it. I just don't get the feeling that they are at a point in the investigation where they would be playing these types of games.

to me it seems the only place the police are at in this investigation is keeping mum. its time to release some hard relevent facts that could trigger some memories before any more time passes.
1,more time less of a memory
2,more time more for the defense to challenge testimony of memory

I'm still wanting to know if she even made it to the concert. Because her and her friends supposed actions at the concert and outside the concert make no sense whatsoever. And seriously there were most likely enough girls at the concert, who looked like Morgan, and the area outside to make mistaken identity a problem.

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder the same thing - did Morgan ever get to the concert. There seems to be enough doubt that the blonde in the video (without black tights) is not Morgan, so who is to say any of the witnesses are correct?

I have a college age daughter and have seen photos taken at various school functions and I swore it was her - only to have her laugh and shake her head 'no'. Makes me feel like an idiot, to not even be able to recognize my own daughter, but it happens.

And I agree that the whole story (that we know of anyway) sounds so ridiculous that one does have to wonder?? Whatever happened I hope they find her soon. My prayers for her and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home