Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use IMO - In my opinion (might have created that in my mind)

I've seen IDK - I don't know

And the one that totally confused me when I first started was BBM - Bold by me. :)

Oh, thank you sooooo much! Been wondering what 'BBM' meant. Even googled it and it came up as something about a Blackberry - and I knew that couldn't be it. Ahhhh......good to have that cleared up!

So sitting here trying to figure this out and I thought..ok she did take a smaller purse inside the big purse and off she went. But why would she go? Where would she go? We know so little about Morgan. It would have helped sooooo much to have had a picture of her that night..see how she was dressed..her makeup..her eyes. Just anything. So we are left with these guessing games.
She had it all. A college education, an apartment, money to live on, loving parents. Friends..well whatever on the friends although I will admit they probably can't speak.

The only way I can see her leaving is if she got some crazy notion to follow one of those wild bands.

Do girls still do that?

Don't want to go OT here, but earlier today, we got word that a man missing for nearly 2 years has been found living in another city - alive and well and living under an assumed name. He left a pregnant wife, a 4 and 2-year-old.

Just sayin....sometimes people have had enough of their lives and choose to walk away - for whatever reason. If they're over the age of 18, LE is hesitant to pursue, unless there is reason to believe foul play is a factor. Is that what we're seeing here?

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen it. IMO, this woman sounds authentic - I know that doesn't mean much, but its my feeling anyway. If Morgan had planned to run away, its hard to imagine she'd be wandering around the next morning, alone. But if she was in the store, did she buy anything? This doesn't mention the cashiers verifying they saw her. I suppose one could try to shoplift if you had no money, but does not sound to me like something Morgan would do. I had thought maybe Morgan had put a smaller purse inside the one found, along with a 'pay-as-you-go' cell phone, whatever cash she had accumulated and perhaps phony I.D. - that way she could ditch the larger bag and make it look more sinister than a runaway. I personally don't think any of this is due to a head injury, but again this is just my feelings. Of course, if she did run away, and was seen alone the next morning, where is she now?

It's odd neither MH or this woman were on the in store video tapes.

hmmmm

idk

OK- Nothing new here (obviously) just going over everything in my mind AGAIN.
I believe MH has been taken by a lone stranger. Nothing else makes any sense. MH did go to the concert with her friends ,LE has determined that- if this were not true one of the friends or one of the friend's friends would have cracked by now.(No matter if we think the friends acted poorly we at least believe they are not predators or skilled liars) For some crazy reason MH ended up outside. MH did a few things outside and then vanished. If more than one person was involved in picking her up somebody would be talking (there is a 150k reward) I don't believe MH ran off because she would have needed help to do that and that would have involved lots of phone calls, texts, or emails and LE has surely checked all that by now.All the speculation about her habits ,personality etc..are interesting but I don't think they shed light on where she is. If LE knows things they aren't revealing that point to some known person being responsible I don't really think they would have let this past weekend's search go on as it did.I've been following really closely all the comments and theories here and the other MH boards.

:camera: You're sooo right, honeybun. Surely Morgan would have shown up on at least one camera phone or security camera. At the concert I attended last night, cell phones throughout the arena were clicking away, even though no photography was allowed.

And considering the special attention Morgan paid to choosing her outfit for the concert (kinda weird IMO - seemed more like she was choosing to please a guy) wouldn't you think she would ask somebody to snap a shot of her in her concert duds???

jmo

I would think her friends would have been snapping away taking pics with their cell phones at the concert. Do they not have any of Morgan? It's puzzling..

It's possible people who don't know her got her in a photo, even in the background of one with their camera or cell phone cameras. If they aren't knowledgeable about the case, they wouldn't even be aware. A lot of people live in their own worlds. We're on here so we're most likely to know of missing persons cases.

Is that her facebook page that you mention or the Help Find one?

ETA: I see the photo now, on the Help Find photos. Wow...

I can't find the page, i didn't see photos aside from the main missing one of her on the FB.. help?

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog

This was posted by Gil Harrington today on the family blog. I thought you might like to see it. God Bless her.

Anyone think it's weird that "best case scenario" is that she's being held against her will? I would think "best case" would be she ran off. Is he soooooo in denial, or is there some proof that we don't have?

Anyone think it's weird that "best case scenario" is that she's being held against her will? I would think "best case" would be she ran off. Is he soooooo in denial, or is there some proof that we don't have?

I think she was abducted, imo.. i know early on in the press conference early on, LE said they were treating the case like it was criminal although it's a missing persons.
She's a very attractive girl, i suspect she may have fell prey to some type of ..
Perhaps she was meeting up with someone from online who was pretending to be someone they weren't (say they made a fake profile with pics of a good looking guy her age and they are really and an older pervert).
Or someone was stalking her (either online prior to the concert or at the concert)
Or due to her being alone, she made an easy victim for someone.

The question is where is she? So i guess at this point, with it being treated as criminal even though it's missing persons i would think foul play implied that the best outcome is that she is being held against her will still alive..

On a random note, her dad said she didn't date? (someone please correct me if i am wrong, i remember reading the dad said she didn't date)
I would think her father in denial of his baby girl growing up, because at her age, i'd be surprised if she didn't date. It sounds like she was sheltered by her parents, so i am sure they aren't privy to a lot, if that is the case..

Since we are discussing her possible psychological state I'll ask one more question...are the pictures of Morgan which show her to be very thin the most recent pictures? That's the impression I got.

The reason I'm asking is because I wonder if she had an eating disorder. Even if she didn't have an eating disorder, if she had recently lost weight she would probably have been more easily intoxicated by a drug or alcohol than when she was a little heavier. If she did have an eating disorder that could mean that she internalizes control which may indicate passive aggressive behaviour. A person in passive aggressive mode would tell her friends "I'm OK, don't worry about me. I'll handle it on my own" when she really means that she needs help.

Speaking firsthand of eating disorders (i've cured myself years back *atypical anorexia*) Morgan is within the normal weight range for her height. 5'6 and 120lbs. It's the lower lighter end of the weight range.
It's hard to tell from the photos i've seen. She could also have a fast metabolism.
However even people without eating disorders can be passive aggressive if they lack the self confidence?(not sure if that's the right word) if they are unsure of themselves..
It may just be her normal way to let friends use the car; i knew someone in college who let friends borrow her car all the time, it was a beater though.
Being that she is a low weight, any alcohol or drugs would affect her moreso than a heavier person.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sad to read that the latest search turned up nothing, however it is delightful to hear that 1600 turned out to help in the search for her!

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/n..._looked_for_missing_student_police_say/48672/

"More than 1,600 volunteers participated in the three-day search for a missing 20-year-old Virginia Tech student, the Virginia State Police announced Monday.
Spokeswoman Corinne Geller praised the effort to find some trace of Morgan D. Harrington of Roanoke but said the search, held Friday, Saturday and Sunday, turned up nothing of note."

IMO, i think someone nabbed her and got her into their car.
Do they have cameras on the streets or traffic lights in that area?

This lack of any pictures at the concert is like an itch I just can't scratch.

What is it about the pictures they don't want us to see?

How could hundreds of people have taken thousands of pictures and nothing surfacing????

Originally Posted by Chili Fries
Since we are discussing her possible psychological state I'll ask one more question...are the pictures of Morgan which show her to be very thin the most recent pictures? That's the impression I got.
====================================================

I don't know about the pictures. I was kind of thinking prom and high school from the dresses the girls were wearing and thats why I came up with the anorexic idea.
If you notice none of the pictures they posted have the date of the picture. They have an uploaded date but that means nothing.

I am thinking the skinny days were high school days. If they are current days then everybody is looking for the wrong girl because the poster girl..is an eater.

This lack of any pictures at the concert is like an itch I just can't scratch.

What is it about the pictures they don't want us to see?

How could hundreds of people have taken thousands of pictures and nothing surfacing????

It may just be obliviousness.. spelling?
A lot of the kids that go are busy in college or school and may not even be aware that they could have possibly caught her in the background of a photo they took. College kids are in their own world, that of the college. When i was in college, it took me a week to find out Princess Diana died..
Even though this is big in the media a lot of people may not put 2 and 2 together. On here, we this is a hobby of most of us, so we're used to looking for clues and all. The general public who is not into sleuthing as we are may not do so.

What i would really like to know is if her friends took pics at the concert and where are those pictures? Most people take pictures at concerts, especially at their age i would think.

I use IMO - In my opinion (might have created that in my mind)

I've seen IDK - I don't know

And the one that totally confused me when I first started was BBM - Bold by me. :)

O/T When I first got on the internet, I found a sports chat room and sometimes someone would say " lol montana" and I started getting mad because I thought it meant "little old lady". lol

I understand what you mean about everybody not being as involved as we are. But there has to be some awareness in that tight community. The concert was held there, the pictures snapped there, the audience from there, looking for Morgan posters there.

I think somebody would be looking at those cameras?????

I keep checking tabloids but so far nothing. But there is always that one person wanting to make a few bucks that will find one and sell it. Thats my guess.

It seems to me that the very best picture they could post on their Help Find Morgan would be one taken that night. In her outfit. We have mixed signals with all the different Morgans.

So then I have to ask "What is it about Morgan that they don't want us to see?"

Do we know whether they had pics or not? My DD takes pics wherever she goes - via phone or camera. A concert? Absolutely! Hoping LE knows the answer to this question. But then again, if the girls did take pics that night, why wouldn't they release them to show EXACTLY what Morgan was wearing and how her hair was????

Is the press asking any of these obvious questions at any and all possible opportunities? Does LE just stall them, or is nobody asking? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl