Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[video=twitter;723268747100839936]https://twitter.com/bruceleshan/status/723268747100839936[/video]

b6473268f4cf6894e25a95cb569fa057.jpg

The body was found a mile down the trail and 330 yards to one side of the trail! The searchers were fortunate to find her, whoever she is. That is some intensive searching!

Given the circumstances I believe VA law will require the the State Medical Examiner determine an official cause of death. In many states any death that is considered "unattended" requires an autopsy, especially if any physical trauma is involved. I had a relative who died in an accident while they were home alone and even though the cause of death was obvious the state (MA) required an autopsy.

Rixey, you are correct. My husband ended his life last year. The police told me even though it was obvious it was a suicide, that an autopsy was protocol for all deaths whether it is suicide, accident, natural causes, or homicide. We live in Virginia.

Come on, people. Scroll and roll. Especially right now. For goodness sake.

Prayers up!! Sending blessing and good thoughts to all of Nicole's loved ones, co-workers and friends.

Rixey, you are correct. My husband ended his life last year. The police told me even though it was obvious it was a suicide, that an autopsy was protocol for all deaths whether it is suicide, accident, natural causes, or homicide. We live in Virginia.

Thank you for your reply. So very sorry for your loss.

I am sorry for your loss

330 yards from the trail in rocky treacherous terrain. A mile from her car.

I think I'm going to go with an accident on this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes to light that she fell from some point above, like a cliff.

Attachments

• nicole.jpg
    nicole.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 85
And 330yards off the trail. Both are long distances in that kind of terrain.

Long distances UPHILL. There are steep banks on either side of most of the trail, including a mile in. This was only an accidental fall if she went off the trail to a higher elevation and fell from there, which is possible. Animals could have dragged her to that spot too.

It's possible, but I don't know why to intentionally go so far off. How do you tell if someone fell or jumped?

Report coming up next on WUSA9 after commercial

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes to light that she fell from some point above, like a cliff.

I'm with you on this.

And 330yards off the trail. Both are long distances in that kind of terrain.

But they have been searching for so many days. Would´t they have covered a place that close already? It´s not that long....

Three football fields off the trail - hope she didn't suffer. :cry::cry::cry:

But they have been searching for so many days. Would´t they have covered a place that close already? It´s not that long....
I think that trail has been listed as closed since Saturday as part of the recovery efforts, so they have been searching that one along with quite a few others

I would imagine that most of the searching has been done around obvious trails where people would walk or hike. If this was some kind of an accident where she fell off a cliff or down into a ravine, then her body may have ended up nowhere near a trail. That may be part of the reason it has been overlooked the last few days.

Near is a relative term in a park of hundreds of square miles.

According to USA9 with live correspondent on the scene the body was located within a mile of where NM vehicle was originally found. It appears to be 330 yards from the trail in some very remote and rocky area. This seems to happen often, where the remains are found close after a long search. I recall another case in Fairfax County of a teen who vanished. They found his parked car at a park and after a week of searching the area, they located him also only several hundred feet from his car. My prayers go out to the family. I know everyone was hoping and praying for a different outcome.

I don't think we should already be criticizing a search team which has been working hard in a tough environment. I'm glad they found her at all

She also climbed and was training for a triathlon. Could she have been climbing rocks and fell? http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/692148 One of the events had climbing, if she worked out at the Crossfit and then went to the park to practice, this is a possibility.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaspurrjax
Back