Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, if you've seen the Find Nicole page...you know their worst fears have been confirmed...

I just thought that the dogs would pick up on that, being "so close".

Agreed. A good dog would have been able to walk from her car to the spot she was found. That is if she was alive when she ended up there and the smoke from the fires didn't interfere with their smelling ability.

National Park Service and Virginia State Police personnel will conduct a press conference later this evening to provide additional details.

I don't think I'll ever understand why these so-called tracking dogs never can seem to find these missing people. The humans missing the person I can better understand, but not the dogs.

I guess we can save that discussion for later.

Agreed. A good dog would have been able to walk from her car to the spot she was found. That is if she was alive when she ended up there and the smoke from the fires didn't interfere with their smelling ability.
If she went up there Wednesday, and the searches didn't start until Saturday or Sunday, there would have been countless hikers marring the trail and scents.

I don't think I'll ever understand why these so-called tracking dogs never can seem to find these missing people. The humans missing the person I can better understand, but not the dogs.

I guess we can save that discussion for later.

People put too much stock in dogs who can be just that...dogs. They're not 100 percent all the time and environmental factors always play a huge roll. In this case there was a fire as well as days since she disappeared.

Oh no, RIP Nicole. xoxox

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

If she went up there Wednesday, and the searches didn't start until Saturday or Sunday, there would have been countless hikers marring the trail and scents.

No one can change her scents there. Just the smoke would mask it. It's unbelievable how long her scent can actually last there. I read about it from an expert.

Dogs have more false positives than positives. That's why there are questions on whether they are enoguh for probable cause.

That far off the trail in Shenandoah it is really not surprising she had been missed before. The trails can be dangerous which is why I think they did not want local volunteers coming to help them out. I'm glad the family finally has answers. RIP Nicole.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn
Back