Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm really not so sure. She called in sick to work and then went all the way out there alone. I don't know if this was a common behavior for her. IIRC, it took them several days to even find her car, so she must not have even told her dad when she spoke to him exactly where she was or where she was going.

You're right. There are quite a few oddities that seem to stick out about all of this.

Calling in sick to work.
Taking off and not telling anybody where she was going after calling in sick.
The families secrecy and lack of providing details about what happened between her and the ex prior.

If this turns out to be a suicide, they should be able to determine it pretty quickly judging by what they find with her at the scene.
If this resulted due to a fall from an area higher up, it may be almost impossible to determine if it was accidental or deliberate.

I suspect they will lean towards accidental for a whole bunch of reasons.

We may never hear news again, which is appropriate if suicide.

<modsnip>
I suppose no one yet knows what happened. All we know is there is a dead Nicole in the SNP. Sad any way you look at it.

Are there any locals that can say whether or not a mile into this trail are steep areas that could result in slip and fall? I have a friend who hikes that alone and says it's not rocky or steep at all - nothing there where you'd be hidden or could fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admin Warning

One more personal, snarky post and I am issuing TOs. Out of respect for Nicole, that is EXACTLY what I am going to do though. Thanks to those of you who have learned to scroll & roll. Much appreciated and mad respect for the restraint.

What a crying shame that I have to post a warning at this time.

Are there any locals that can say whether or not a mile into this trail are steep areas that could result in slip and fall? I have a friend who hikes that alone and says it's not rocky or steep at all - nothing there where you'd be hidden or could fall.

Per the press release today,, the way they termed it was that she was found 330 yards from the trail, in rocky treacherous terrain, a mile from her car.

Shared route
From White Oak Canyon Lower Parking Lot to Whiteoak Canyon Trail via Whiteoak Canyon Trail.

31 min (1.0*mi)

To see this route visit https://goo.gl/maps/Us58YUSrS4q

Here is a mile up the trail. Then go 300 yards in either direction. Certainly could be.

Steep, absolutely yes. But she would have had to have left the trail as the trail is the lowest point. She couldn't have fallen FROM the trail. This is plausible if she saw a challenging rock scramble on either side of the trail. This would have been an even poorer choice to do alone than hiking alone in the first place.

is there a live link to the presser?

Is this a heavily travelled trail? Are things easily hidden from plain view?

Let's all pray for Nicole, her family, friends and coworkers. May God give everyone strength through this trying time. She was way too young to die.
[emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317]

I'm looking, the channels have went on to regular shows, and off news. I'm wondering if the presser has been changed till later.

I looked for people tweeting about the presser and can't find anything. Maybe it's delayed

I'm looking, the channels have went on to regular shows, and off news. I'm wondering if the presser has been changed till later.

Winter
Not finding anything on local DC stations 9,7,5

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member