Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is there some general understanding of what happened?

From your link: "The agency said the remains were found in a remote location more than a mile from the Whiteoak Canyon parking area and about 330 yards from the trail in treacherous rocky terrain."
Not yet. In time.

They said physical and digital evidence collected during the process of the case have been critical in focusing and conducting the search operations within the park.Virginia State Police updated the search Wednesday saying the evidence still suggests nothing suspicious about her disappearance.

Police said they have received more than 100 tips from the public regarding Mittendorff’s disappearance

http://wtvr.com/2016/04/21/body-fou...y-firefighter-nicole-mittendorff-sources-say/

From your link: "The agency said the remains were found in a remote location more than a mile from the Whiteoak Canyon parking area and about 330 yards from the trail in treacherous rocky terrain."

The only general things I've seen have been speculation that she fell exploring.. but nothing confirmed so far.. I'm about 30 minutes away from here and haven't heard anymore..

I hope it was an accident and not suicide. I just can't figure it out yet :/

All of the usual theories are still possible. The presser could confirm one of them or at least rule out some. In order of most likely to least likely, IMO:

Medical emergency/accident
Murder by stranger
Wildlife attack
Suicide
Murder by acquaintance

I guess all we know for now is that she called in sick, texted with her dad, took a drive, walked a mile, wandered off trail, and was found deceased in treacherous rocky terrain.

Does anyone know if this is in the waterfall area?

I guess all we know for now is that she called in sick, texted with her dad, took a drive, walked a mile, wandered off trail, and was found deceased in treacherous rocky terrain.

A short distance below one of the falls.

Rest in eternal peace, Nicole !

Sad... wonder if it was an accident , murder, or a suicide ?
:moo:

Based on the distance from the trail, it's not near the waterfalls. The falls are all very close to the trail, so 300 yards is much further than they would be.

#BREAKING: Suicide note found in the car of missing firefighter Nicole Mittendorff. Police have no reason to suspect foul play. @wusa9

#BREAKING: Suicide note found in the car of missing firefighter Nicole Mittendorff. Police have no reason to suspect foul play. @wusa9

I wonder if they can confirm its her handwriting.

https://twitter.com/leslifoster/status/723313898015887360

Sorry it didn't copy everything. That tweet is from the verified account of @leslifoster

"Treacherous rocky terrain" makes me think accident, which would be truly tragic.

ETA Welp. Suicide note. RIP Nicole.

[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22] Sad.

So they've know since Saturday.
Explains the limited details, which is entirely appropriate.

In the pressers and vigils they already knew there was a suicide note?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz
Back