Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, those of you who are local if you follow the MSM reporters on Twitter, feel free to copy and paste their links.

Just add a link one time, if possible. Thanks much!

I grew up in VA and even though I don't know this particular trail, I can't think of many trails I hiked where I could easily get 330 yards from the trail. I'm a geocacher and even 50/100 yards from a lot of VA trails can be treacherous. I got off trail once, got lost, and had to let my dog off leash to get me back to my car. I was probably only 100 yards from the trail and 1/2 mile to my car.

I think I'm saying this more because I truly think the searchers did the best they could and likely methodically searched in reasonable areas first. It really could have been much longer before she was discovered. RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The family seemed to confirm it on their Facebook page (find nicole)

I messaged a local reporter, she said she thought it was going to be 7:30, but hasn't heard anymore about it. I wonder if they'll wait till 10pm Fox5 has news at 10pm, or they could be waiting for the rest of the local news at 11pm.

I messaged a local reporter, she said she thought it was going to be 7:30, but hasn't heard anymore about it. I wonder if they'll wait till 10pm Fox5 has news at 10pm, or they could be waiting for the rest of the local news at 11pm.
I doubt they would wait. Stations won't show it live in its entirety.

The fire there is much worse then I expected it to be and a strange coincidence..@WHSVisabel got an aerial view of the #RockyMountFire today- An incredible but devastating sight on @WHSVnews at 5.

Rest in peace beautiful girl. My deepest condolences to her loved ones.

Whatever the cause, I had hoped it wouldn't be this outcome. After a week it might have taken a small miracle if she was injured and still alive, but I had hoped so anyway. My condolences to her family.

https://www.facebook.com/shenandoahnps/posts/2471423252883081

Shenandoah National Park
·
Release Date: April 21 ,2016

Remains Located in Shenandoah National Park; Search Efforts Suspended

Madison County, Va-Search efforts in the Shenandoah National Park were suspended Thursday afternoon (April 21, 2016) with the discovery of female remains within the park property. At approximately 2:00 p.m. a ground team of National Park Service and Virginia State Police personnel discovered a body in a remote location more than a mile from the Whiteoak Canyon parking area and about 330 yards from the trail in treacherous rocky terrain. National Park Service and Virginia State Police are currently still processing the scene.

National Park Service and Virginia State Police personnel will conduct a press conference at Whiteoak parking area at 7:30 p.m.

thank you grsz11

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn
Back