VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To have a first degree murder charge with the body discovery leads me to believe the manner of death was obvious from observing the body. No firearm used but immediate charge of murder, to me, sounds like stabbing, bludgeoning, something visual. They would not jump to this charge if they thought it was organ failure, they could have held him on the kidnapping charge until COD determined.

I'm afraid they may have known immediately how she was killed :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know what a "walk-on athlete" is?

"Walk-on athlete" usually refers to someone who played or participated in sports in high school, who then becomes part of a team (college) without being actively recruited beforehand (scouting) or without being awarded a scholarship to play or participate in said sport.

Hope this helps.

Seems odd he wouldn't have a scholarship if he was so accomplished in track and academics. This is starting to make me wonder about my fringe theory that something odd happened when he lived in Yakima, Washington, and that's why they moved to Maryland.

To have a first degree murder charge with the body discovery leads me to believe the manner of death was obvious from observing the body. No firearm used but immediate charge of murder, to me, sounds like stabbing, bludgeoning, something visual. They would not jump to this charge if they thought it was organ failure, they could have held him on the kidnapping charge until COD determined.

I'm afraid they may have known immediately how she was killed :(

I think just the fact that she was found dead is what got him the 1st degree murder charge. She is a minor who died in his custody after an abduction, which makes it possible to charge him for murder in the 1st degree even if there is no evidence of premeditation. So I thought the same thing, but the more reading I did, the more I didn't want to rule out all kinds of possibilities.

To me, what makes me think it was intentional was when Mike Albert from Blacksburg Police Department said:

"Eisenhauer used this relationship to his advantage to abduct the 13-year-old and then kill her"

:goodpost: You know, OceanBlueEyes, you have such a way of describing people... She seemed very cold. Honestly! It wouldn't surprise me if she was saying "he did it" and he was saying "she did it." I mean if that is not hair and is a cut, and she looks "rough", maybe she had "him" lure Nicole and "she" attacked Nicole and "he" helped "her" conceal Nicole's body.

I thought about that when I read his quote about the truth setting him free.
I think she looks really angry in her mug shot. Really. Really. Angry. And defiant.

Take it for what it's worth but Inside Edition flat out said he met her on a teen dating site and LE traced him through her computer

A teen dating site?

Police were concerned because Lovell was without her daily prescribed medication from a previous liver transplant. She had been last spotted wearing black jeans, grey striped Mossy Oak shirt and brown and pink “Baby Phat” boots. Additionally, she was reported to have possibly been carrying a blue blanket with yellow “Minions” characters.

I am looking for the link where it says the death was violent. I think knife.

I thought about that when I read his quote about the truth setting him free.
I think she looks really angry in her mug shot. Really. Really. Angry. And defiant.

No doubt! She's scary!

I have a relative who is a criminal defense attorney in New York, though she originally practiced in Virginia. The following is based on her opinion and experience and in no way is a black-and-white legal explanation or definition. She says the case going into juvenile court IS very unusual and should have nothing to do with the victim and everything to do with the accused. She says "the whole point of the juvenile justice system is the offender's relative maturity/culpability compared to adults. States can have weird rules and it can be discretionary at the margins, such as for someone who recently turned 18." As in: it's possible LE decided these two were somehow not mature enough to be charged as adults.

She says she is going to keep investigating, but that it *could* be that the court is considering this in Juvenile court due to their relatively young age (which she agreed would be ridiculous) and then the prosecution may be able to move them to regular "grown-up court" later once it becomes clear how serious the charges are. Like I said, she is now very interested and told me she is going to do some reading on the subject.

OK that was fast. This is what she now says:

"Just looked it up. In VA if you are accused of a crime against a child you go to juvenile court for a preliminary hearing and then if probable cause is found the case is transferred to regular court."

Also:

"It probably has to do with juvenile court being better set up to deal with child victims, like as witnesses. There are special prosecutors that do those cases, plus in some cases the kid might need a guardian etc."

The question about use of a firearm may be because: (1) if a firearm *had* been used, there could be increased penalties, depending on the accused's history, or (2) statistical data. (So opines my hubby who was LE in Virginia - different area, though - many years ago.)

Thank you! Virginia is a pretty tough state! Relatives there.

I think it's very, very odd that DE has been appointed counsel. I get the impression that the family has the means to hire someone. I don't know what to think about this at all. If there were a lawyer in the family, could that lawyer confer with the lawyer of the accused person? (Not saying there is a lawyer in the family, but...) Are there any reasons why having a court-appointed lawyer would be preferable to hiring a lawyer? (Other than the cost.) I'm just not that familiar with how that works.

"Just looked it up. In VA if you are accused of a crime against a child you go to juvenile court for a preliminary hearing and then if probable cause is found the case is transferred to regular court."

Also:

"It probably has to do with juvenile court being better set up to deal with child victims, like as witnesses. There are special prosecutors that do those cases, plus in some cases the kid might need a guardian etc."

WHAAAAT??? Well they better get to work with the girl because she's going to need coaching to lose that attitude.

Yes. I think a knife is what they're looking for in the lake.

Oh thank you! Rumor was they were looking for the hard drive of the shooter they had there a year ago?

Also:

Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 8.01.46 PM.png

It means he doesn't have an athletic scholarship and wasn't recruited.

It means he wasn't a superstar athlete. He was a dude who tried out for the team and made it, but still has to pay his tuition.

Something tells me NK wasn't overly popular on campus. Her facebook page indicates that only 27 friends wished her a happy birthday. That seems kind of low for a college girl who was active on campus.

Not really. Facebook is kinda lame with college kids. They have moved on to other SM.

Oh thank you! Rumor was they were looking for the hard drive of the shooter they had there a year ago?

Just my thought that it could be a knife, since that would be a gruesome murder (yuck). A hard drive makes sense too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member