VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen anyone mention this, but as for the nature of the inappropriate relationship and why he might be so desparate to conceal it, it's possible that the relationship was not physical but still intimate. If he had induced her to send explicit photos or videos, for example, he could still be facing some serious criminal charges with long-term conquences if she exposed the relationship.

I think this is very possible, maybe the most likely ....rather than any actual physical contact.

I've been told that from several teens---that most of their friends have FB accounts but they don't use them much. I think they use Instagram, Tumblr, SnapChat, Kik, Twitter, (etc.) more often than they use FB.

My high school students all use Facebook heavily. My impression is that FB is the anchor, of sorts, and then they branch out on the others. I think of teen SM usage these days as a sort of urban sprawl.

This is the first mention of sex in any MSM source I think :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh, somehow I missed that on my first read:

...Two law enforcement officials familiar with the investigation said that Eisenhauer and Nicole had sexual contact before her disappearance and that he lured her out of her home to kill her....

www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/friend-reported-slain-va-teens-relationship-with-adult-to-school/2016/02/03/5e10eef6-caae-11e5-ae11-57b6aeab993f_story.html

But I still wonder if that MIGHT refer to "sexting", etc. ...or does it mean actual physical contact? (Especially since it's anonymously from "LE familiar with the investigation"...and not an official statement.)

I wonder if the student really did tell admin. Hate to think he would lie bold-faced like that. Jmo

If she told him in the hallway he probably forgot about it. I bet he remembers now.

Well (based on articles posted here today) it seems like she was telling the world about their relationship.

I'm confused though because I thought early on (when she was found), it was said no sexual assault was present?

There might not have been a sexual assault the night she was killed. But I think he had 'consensual' relations of some kind in earlier visits with her---hence he was her 'boyfriend.' Then he realized he was likely to be arrested if she talked about it.

The Latest: Mourners Remember Slain Teen at Visitation

...Among the early mourners was Katie Wilson, who said her mother was longtime friends with Nicole's mother. Before entering the funeral home, Wilson remembered watching the girl grow up and having to endure illnesses. She said Nicole's death "breaks my heart."

Wilson said for all Nicole went through, she was a happy child who impacted her life....

more at: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/bail-hearing-virginia-tech-student-canceled-36693141

Forgive me. But your site is a business. Now if illegal activities occur on your site. Then that's on you for not monitoring your site for illegal activities. Jmo. You can't have a site for young teens looking to hook up while letting adults coerce these teens. Jmo.

That stuff is against the law. Jmo

Isn't KIK more just like instant messaging than a website or forum or whatever?

I had a friend that lost her virginity at 12 and that was in the late 80s early 90s. I still could barely talk to a boy at that age.
Now it makes me wonder if a pregnancy had occurred. I guess I'm just trying to make sense out of something that will never make sense.

A 'walk on' athlete is someone who was not recruited by the school and not given a scholarship. They just enroll in the college and then 'walk on' to the field and ask for a tryout to be on the team.

After seeing that glowing TV snippet of him in high school, where the coach was praising him and saying how he was breaking records etc----why didn't he have a Track and Field scholarship somewhere?

It might depend on priorities. If you want to do engineering here, you go to VT. I'm not sure how much people care about track at Tech. My talented (i.e. Heavily recruited) track high school students usually go to ODU or VCU if they stay in state.

Is it possible that he killed her for something as simple (and awful) and just being embarrassed that he was involved with a 13 year old? That he didn't want his peers to know?

I don't know. Just one of the many, many possibilities, I guess.

It is instant messaging, but you dont need to be friends with someone to message them, the messages disappear after a short amount of time and you can message anonymously. It is also free. My kids were using it a few years ago, as an easy way to keep chatting after school, but start getting weird messages from creepers and abandoned it pretty quickly. I did a cyber safety course recently (I am a teacher), and kik was named as the most dangerous of all the apps.

I wonder if the student really did tell admin. Hate to think he would lie bold-faced like that. Jmo

I believe her. There's not a school system under the sun, that's going to admit to that under these circumstances. ( Because what is he going to say? "Oh yeah, I remember that now. I forgot to follow up though."?).

Poor kid. It's going to be tough going forward knowing her school staff is lying about her.

In the case of my son, we had to evoke the freedom of information act, to get his records. When they finally complied, we got a total dummy file!. Not one word about any of the violent incidents. Not one!

My son had been seeing the school counselor twice a week for the whole yr. No mention of that at all. I went to the man's office to ask him why his records were not in the file, and he said he hadn't had time to get them together.

He then sent a statement to my attorney saying he had never seen my son for counseling !

I had saved one piece of paper, the copy of the release of information form, I signed so my son could see him, and they still denied that he had ever had counseling in that school!

FWIW, bbm: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kik_Messenger
"Kik Messenger is a free instant messenger application for mobile devices from Kik Interactive, available on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone operating systems. Kik Messenger is modeled after BlackBerry Messenger. It uses a smartphone's data plan or Wi-Fi to transmit and receive messages, photos, videos, sketches, mobile webpages..."

Lots of young users per this --->. http://www.kik.com/ bbm ubm below
"A New Way to Engage
Mobile messaging is one of the most important applications of the smartphone era. Messaging apps like Kik are, by their nature, more intimate than traditional social media channels, and give brands and developers the opportunity to be part of the conversation.
Kik is the only mobile-first viral sharing network and the first smartphone messenger with a built in browser. Over 40% of US teens and young adults use Kik to connect with their friends and with their followers on other social networks and games, making Kik the biggest cross-app messenger in the US market.
Since Kik's 200 million users are already sharing content as part of their conversations, it makes sense that leading brands, content providers and gaming companies are teaming up with Kik. Kik offers simple-to-implement, targeted experiences that engage current users and attract new ones. Kik's Promoted Chats go beyond simple broadcast messages and let brands engage in 1:1 conversations with their followers, in real time and at scale."​

I've not downloaded the LE guide to KIK below.
https://kiklawenforcement.zendesk.c...419779-Download-our-Guide-for-Law-Enforcement

Webinar:
"The Law Enforcement Operations team will be hosting a Law Enforcement Support webinar on Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 10am EST. This webinar will focus on our law enforcement support and updates to the app. There will also be time at the end for Q & A. If you’re interested in attending, please email us at lawenforcement@kik.com "
https://kiklawenforcement.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204138125-Upcoming-Law-Enforcement-Support-Webinars.

I suppose they'll also be on the lookout for prior incidents involving DE and minors. This might not have been his first SA victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay