VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I don't know, but I can't see her throwing a fit from what we know of her so far. My two guesses are that a) he got violent with her to assure her cooperation or b) she got b*tch slapped by trees in the woods where they put the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll see if I can find a pic, but after NG I'm going with he possibly got violent with her to assure her cooperation. Apparently she was dumped roadside - a rural roadside.

True! I thought maybe heroine. But, again, OBE is accurate in her description of the "meth look", another plague.

I did not see the first mention of heroine but I can say that he would not be able to compete at that level if he were a drug user. Running a 4 minute mile is incredibly difficult and is the equivalent of running 15 mph. Also I'm fairly certain they drug test college athletes - so it would be pretty difficult to take heroine, run a 4 min. mile and pass a drug test.

If you look at Olympic runnners they often look gaunt and may even look to our eyes a bit unhealthy. They have some of the lowest body fat % ratio of any athlete. I am not a runner but my son ran track in high school.

I am a teacher who is active on social media just to post assignment reminders, etc. I use Instagram and Twitter because I know that is what the kids are checking. My rule is, "You can friend me, but I won't friend you". Because I just don't need to be "friends" on social media with my students. Occasionally, though, I will click on a screen name that "liked" something of mine to figure out who it is. Sometimes another student will be concerned about something someone said on social media and they tell me. They know I will look into it, and if I see something concerning...I say something. Even if I stumble across it at 11:00PM, as I did one time, I will contact the proper person to deal with it.

If a child is acting like they are going to harm themselves, I follow the chain of command and help that child. Unfortunately this comes up multiple times a year. It probably happens more than I see it but I can't see it all. And a lot of the most concerning stuff happens behind closed doors on Kik and Snapchat.

I can't understand how none of Nicole's posts saying she was going to kill herself were deleted. Especially since she was friends with relatives! Not a single teacher, counselor, cousin, etc saw what she was saying and mentored her, or convinced her to take it down? Seems so odd to me and really sad.

Just came across this:

"Stacey Snider, a neighbor of Nicole and mother of 8-year-old twins, said one of her daughters had given law enforcement authorities information that may have played a role in the arrests. The girls were playing in the snow with Nicole hours before her disappearance when, they said, she showed one of them texts she had exchanged through Kik, a mobile instant messaging app, with an 18-year-old that included plans for an evening meeting."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/02/u...edia-link-to-virginia-girls-killing.html?_r=0

Wow. Good job 8 year olds!! Interesting that Nicole felt comfortable sharing her date plans with little kids, and interesting it was a mutually agreed on date that she was clearly looking forward to, not a kidnapping by force. Lord, save 13 year old girls from themselves.

I've missed something, and I've tried to figure it out by going way back.

Why is there a discussion of mono?

Thanks in advance, sorry to be ignorant.

It was reported in an interview with ( a coach? a fellow runner?) that DE had recently suffered a bout of mono and that had impacted his running. He had recently been able to resume training.

Obviously I don't know, but I can't see her throwing a fit from what we know of her so far. My two guesses are that a) he got violent with her to assure her cooperation or b) she got b*tch slapped by trees in the woods where they put the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imagesO7KL0K8D.jpg

Okay, I can't find the exact address now, but it looked like this road except it was up on a rock jutting out of the ground, or a mountain. It was a weird looking spot - IF Nancy Grade had the right location. The picture was showing the road going up.

Apparently DE had mono just a few weeks back.

I also missed something - did NG or someone establish that it was indeed a cut on DK's face in her mug shot? It seems it has moved from a question to a discussion of how she got the cut. Thanks!

What does that really do, though? She's gone. No one can make up for what she endured now.

No, of course not. But I suppose I believe that somehow, her spirit will see that people are honoring her memory. And if nothing else, it takes the focus slightly off of the murderer and onto the victim. I guess I was just feeling sad for her.

I also missed something - did NG or someone establish that it was indeed a cut on DK's face in her mug shot? It seems it has moved from a question to a discussion of how she got the cut. Thanks!

I never saw it confirmed that it was a cut. I still believe it is hair.

Just pointing out that nobody has been accused of helping to dispose of a body (not those words). She is accused of providing comfort, aid, etc etc (it was detailed a few posts back, I'll look and bring it forward) AFTER the commission of a completed felony by DE. Now, certainly this can change. But at this point, I think her charges could be related to something like picking DE up, hiding him if he came to her for help, helping concoct a story based on what he told her about the happenings -- even not coming forward with information she had about the commission of a crime. She could have been a passive actor, or yes, all in -- we just don't know yet.

Thank God none of us are judged by what complete strangers see in our photographs, whether sports highlight clips or mug shots. He acts smug and entitled in a sports clip? His family probably had to move across country because of some secret in his past? He's unattractive and has scrawny arms so must troll for sex with children? She looks angry and obviously has a nasty attitude (nevermind that she was probably dragged out of bed, interrogated for hours, and is scared to death)? Not enough birthday wishes on Facebook so must be unpopular? Does anybody recognize a tiny modicum of the bullying tone that so many of us have been blasting here? Anybody?

I totally get that people are angry. Trust me, so am I. But running these two teenagers down and attributing all kinds of thoughts, motivations and actions to them with nothing yet to back it up muddies the water we are all trying to navigate here.

There's a reason the very best detectives and LEOs (and doctors and nurses) are those who can think dispassionately in a crisis. The truth is usually awful enough without hand-wringing or embellishment, and it's the truth that must be found. Just something to think about.

I wish I could Thank this post more than once.

I haven't seen any details of how she died, but I could have missed it. The local 11:00pm news just said that the autopsy would not be available until March. Dayam.

Do we know that she was killed in Virginia? (Maybe I missed it.) We don't have many details. Hoping we'll hear a bit more in the next several days...

Perhaps NK will be persuaded to tell what she knows...

So, does North Carolina have the death penalty? However, I am assuming she was killed in Virginia, and the murder weapon was supposed to be where they were searching. But, if North Carolina doesn't have the death penalty, was the killer trying to throw off LE. And since she was transported across states lines the FBI was immediately brought in.

I think a lot of parents just don't realize the dangers that their kids are getting into online. I remember growing up the aol chat rooms were very popular. People would seem nice but it would all change when they instant messaged you.

Wondering if there will be additionally charges for transporting the body across state lines?

I have a hard time blaming the 13-year-old who was hungry for friends and attention. She was a child. She left with her Minions blanket. She wanted friends. She wanted to be part of the cool crowd and she was shunned. She was different too, and she was bullied and somebody took advantage of her innocence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay