VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this... I've never seen the anger that others are observing in NK's mugshot. I see more exhaustion and despair. The set of her mouth is hard, but to me the look in her eyes is of total resignation and hopelessness.

I wonder how poor Nicole's body was found so quickly, since she was apparently way off of the highway in such a remote, wooded area?

Based on where she was found, I'd have to say I believe someone told LE where she was. Since there were only 2 people (that we're aware of) that knew where she was, it had to be one of them. LE are good at what they do, but they don't have crystal balls, and there's no way they would have found her THAT fast, without being told where to look.

I am sure this has been discussed, haven't thread thru all posts yet.

But just read the article from when she first went missing, and her dad said "she could be dead within a very short time if she doesn't take her medication" (NOT a direct quote but the just of it).

Could it be as simple as Nicole meeting him from the fb dating site, going to "hook-up" with him and then accidentally dying. He freaks out, calls friend (NK) to help him with the body?

I would hope that this was the scenario, but then why would he be charged with pre-meditated first-degree murder and not manslaughter? I can't wait until more facts come out!

After days of simply lurking, I decided to create an account so I could post here after my discovery on Facebook.

I found out yesterday that I have a mutual friend with one of DE's relatives. I won't list any names, but DE was on this relative's friends list. Wondering what the connection was between my friend and DE's relative, I found that the relative is friends with multiple people in Galax, VA. I'm not sure what the connection is there, but perhaps she lived in Galax at one point. It seems like there would be some sort of link to Galax if she is friends with multiple people from this relatively small town

Why I think this is significant is because Rt. 89 starts in Galax and leads down into NC, where NL's remains were found. Galax is about 10 minutes from the VA-NC border on Rt. 89. Maybe it's a stretch, but perhaps DE has some sort of connection to Galax through this relative and has been there previously with them, leading to him knowing his way around there a bit.

Welcome AllisonM. Thanks so much for posting. How a perp chooses the disposal site, and it's distance from the area of where the victim was last seen, etc has always been of great interest to me in all the cases I follow. Often there is a connection, similar to what you are describing above. Well done!

:welcome5:

Based on where she was found, I'd have to say I believe someone told LE where she was. Since there were only 2 people (that we're aware of) that knew where she was, it had to be one of them. LE are good at what they do, but they don't have crystal balls, and there's no way they would have found her THAT fast, without being told where to look.

I absolutely believe they had either cell data or a witness to the location. Like several of you, I grew up in that area and did home health all through these mountains for years. There are soooo many places closer to Tech where you could hide a body. It's been done. 20 minutes away from the dorms. However, a freshman may never have gone up there to party or hike, so he picked a place 80 miles away that he visited before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Something just popped in my mind. Remember Wes Hadsell, how GPS played a role in finding AJ, leading them to that shed?

I do think Keepers spilled the beans though under interrogation. Perhaps she was offered that other stronger charges would not be applied.

(I'm not fond of using initials in this case, NL and NK, would prefer a more clear separation, so I'm using Nicole and Keepers.)

After days of simply lurking, I decided to create an account so I could post here after my discovery on Facebook.

I found out yesterday that I have a mutual friend with one of DE's relatives. I won't list any names, but DE was on this relative's friends list. Wondering what the connection was between my friend and DE's relative, I found that the relative is friends with multiple people in Galax, VA. I'm not sure what the connection is there, but perhaps she lived in Galax at one point. It seems like there would be some sort of link to Galax if she is friends with multiple people from this relatively small town

Why I think this is significant is because Rt. 89 starts in Galax and leads down into NC, where NL's remains were found. Galax is about 10 minutes from the VA-NC border on Rt. 89. Maybe it's a stretch, but perhaps DE has some sort of connection to Galax through this relative and has been there previously with them, leading to him knowing his way around there a bit.

Welcome AlisonM! That is an interesting bit of info. Will you please clarify is it DE or NK that has friends in Galax? You say DE in your post but later refer to the person as "she".

For reference, I've added a marker for Galax to the map. https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2VLvG6QAl8U.ka7xd-tCxjMI&usp=sharing

Jenna Zibton– ‏@jennasjems

#Blacksburg police announce 2 pm new conference about #NicoleLovell death investigation

Just getting in and caught up, good morning all :coffee: but I had an idea I want to share before I forget. Today is a snow day for us so the teacher here (great to see all the teachers here, iirc CanadianWells, fannybrice...) would like to do something productive here re: all this bullying crap on social media if somehow at all possible. In the Miss Universe/Steve Harvey thread I discovered a meme maker. Maybe I can try to design a few "cool" bullying is "not cool" memes, you know, love one another or something like that. Like what would John Lennon say about all this if he were here. I would love anyone's input on the specific manner in which to convey this message, and how we can make it cool enough that a teenager would want to put it on his/her page. If I/we can make some cool enough, we could start by maybe posting it on our own SM sites, and maybe it will be cool enough that others might want to share.

Maybe I can start with a Panda, since Nicole loved pandas. Maybe Elvis since she liked Elvis... (Hey!! What about "Don't Be Cruel?! )

Nancy Grace makes it sound like she was dumped on a public highway. This is an isolated area. It's a dirt freaking road that looks like it is RARELY used.

Do you have a link or address where I can google this? I am from NC, Forsyth Co. So this is extremely close.... just out of curiosity I'd like to see the area where she was found.

Jenna Zibton– ‏@jennasjems

#Blacksburg police announce 2 pm new conference about #NicoleLovell death investigation

I wonder if they will announce COD. They no longer have to withhold this "in order to preserve the integrity of the investigation" I don't think, since they have their killer in custody (often they keep that detail confidential so they know they have the right person and can weed through potential false confessions, etc).

Eta: Oh no, just had a thought. Might be adding charges. (Maybe SA, and hopefully not Abuse of a Corpse).

So, we still gotta wait and see if he is going to be considered a juvenile? Will that take the death penalty off the table?

He is 19 years old. There will be no consideration of David E. being a juvenile.

I would hope that this was the scenario, but then why would he be charged with pre-meditated first-degree murder and not manslaughter? I can't wait until more facts come out!

If she died in the commission of another felony, that ups it to murder.

Often prosecutors "over charge" a suspect in the beginning and by the time they go to trial or before a judge the appropriate provable charge is leveled. I think we'll know lots more in this afternoon's press conference.

He is 19 years old. There will be no consideration of David E. being a juvenile.

I think he's 18, she's 19. But yes, that's an adult. Adults don't get charged as juveniles, although juveniles can be charged as adults.

Welcome AllisonM. Thanks so much for posting. How a perp chooses the disposal site, and it's distance from the area of where the victim was last seen, etc has always been of great interest to me in all the cases I follow. Often there is a connection, similar to what you are describing above. Well done!

:welcome5:

In most cases the defendant is in a panic mode after commiting a murder and has no real plan on the disposal of the body. In this case David E. and the girl just took off driving and probably considered a number of spots before settling for the spot just over the North Carolina line. Without the help of the girl it might have taken months to find the body.

In most cases the defendant is in a panic mode after commiting a murder and has no real plan on the disposal of the body. In this case David E. and the girl just took off driving and probably considered a number of spots before settling for the spot just over the North Carolina line. Without the help of the girl it might have taken months to find the body.

Very often the perp is indeed in panic mode, which is why we often find sites at closer distances (one common number I've come across frequently is 20ish miles, I think they just want to get the body oUT of their car asap). However, depending on the experience, organization level of the killer, etc etc you will find a more thorough approach, say RAT who killed Alexis Murphy, (she has not been found). My guess with RAT is that he didn't just hurriedly dump her, but rather put more time and effort into her disposal, jmo. Also, premediation obviously can play a factor.

Awareness space can be a factor in the disposal though imo, whether instinctual, referring to non SK cases...

Link to article about awareness space, great article:
http://www.boulderweekly.com/news/j...-lsquoawareness-spacersquo-may-lead-to-clues/

*of course each case is different, but often a "familiar place" is gravitated towards imo. This also gives the perp a feeling of control, he can check upon it, etc.

It seems to me after reading AllisonM's first post linked above that Keepers might have gravitated towards her awareness space (even though, at this time, being a participant "after the fact").

Eta: ok, DE, not Keepers, sorry some confusion there, DE gravitated towards awareness space, AllisonM was referring to DE's relative, not Keepers. My bad, whatever the case...

Just getting in and caught up, good morning all :coffee: but I had an idea I want to share before I forget. Today is a snow day for us so the teacher here (great to see all the teachers here, iirc CanadianWells, frannybrice...) would like to do something productive here re: all this bullying crap on social media if somehow at all possible. In the Miss Universe/Steve Harvey thread I discovered a meme maker. Maybe I can try to design a few "cool" bullying is "not cool" memes, you know, love one another or something like that. Like what would John Lennon say about all this if he were here. I would love anyone's input on the specific manner in which to convey this message, and how we can make it cool enough that a teenager would want to put it on his/her page. If I/we can make some cool enough, we could start by maybe posting it on our own SM sites, and maybe it will be cool enough that others might want to share.

Maybe I can start with a Panda, since Nicole loved pandas. Maybe Elvis since she liked Elvis... (Hey!! What about "Don't Be Cruel?! )
I love the Elvis "don't be cruel" idea!

I don't understand it when people say that Nicole looks like she was growing up too fast. Her Internet prescence is clearly one of a 13-year-old. Asking people if they thought she was pretty? Posting pictures of her texts arguing with her dad? Just because she tried to do a "come hither" look in pictures or posted texts with cursing doesn't mean she was a "wild child" or ~mature for her age. It's almost amusing---I see these profiles of middle-schoolers where they try to act older but their profiles scream that they are immature. Also, people aren't black and white. People make it sound like you either have the goody-goods who are socially inept and awkward and never do anything to appear "grown" and then you have the wild children who are having sex, drinking, drugs, posting sexy selfies, partying, etc and teenagers don't always completely fit into one box. Nicole wanted validation on her appearance, she wanted boys to think she was pretty, she wanted to appear ~cool on social media, but she still liked Disney movies. Sounds like a normal 13-year-old to me.

Unless my life is in danger I wouldn't help anyone cover up any crime. Certainly one that was involving a dead body. Not even my mother. Nope. I would call 911 asap. I would lose all my family and friends if need be. My morals outweigh my friendships. I wish Nicole changed her mind that night. I wish she put her Jammies on and fell asleep to a music video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member