VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! After reading websleuthes for a while I decided to join. I live in va. Have a gd the age of Nicole. My son graduated from VT a couple of years ago. And my sister lives in Galax. I found it odd the area he left Nicole. Until I noticed his connection to the area. ( As another person also stated.) It looks to be DEs grandparents that live in Galax on his mother's side. As well as other relatives in va and nc. He probably knew the area well.

Hi! After reading websleuthes for a while I decided to join. I live in va. Have a gd the age of Nicole. My son graduated from VT a couple of years ago. And my sister lives in Galax. I found it odd the area he left Nicole. Until I noticed his connection to the area. ( As another person also stated.) It looks to be DEs grandparents that live in Galax on his mother's side. As well as other relatives in va and nc. He probably knew the area well.

Welcome mamabears6 :heart:

:welcome:

I think it's highly likely Natalie was in love with him. She did mention him (even though he was just serving as a tutor) to her friend. Why would you do that? Maybe mention you went to tutoring, whatever, but to mention your tutor by name?

Women's prisons are full of women who helped the guy they were in love with cover a crime, or commit one.

This is somewhat O/T, but I've been meaning to mention it since Keepers was arrested. The night before this news broke, I was watching a TV show called "Fatal Attraction" on OWN.

A lady met a man online, they started dating. A few weeks later she disappears. Her last ping puts her near the bf's house. Bank surveillance shows a male and female using her debit card after she disappears. Turns out, this guy was also dating this other woman, who helped dispose of the body. But, (now I fell asleep at the end but I think this was the direction it was going in), she did it unknowingly (I don't think this is the case here with Keepers, but it crossed my mind initially). What happened in this other case was the bf worked on cars. He told this woman he needed to drop off a car, so to follow him. So she followed him, he said wait here, drove the car into a remote area, and walked back, with a gas can, there was an immediate boom, she knew he was burning a car but did not know there was a body in the trunk, supposedly. Cops then asked her to lead them to this location.

Point is I think it has happened before that someone didn't know they were aiding in the disposal of a body, but I do not think this is the case here.

It seems to me after reading AllisonM's first post linked above that Keepers might have gravitated towards her awareness space (even though, at this time, being a participant "after the fact").

Just to clarify, the "she" that I was referring to in my post was not NK, it was the relative of DE. Another post not long after mine had an article from a Galax newspaper that confirms that DE has a relative in that area.

Do you have a link or address where I can google this? I am from NC, Forsyth Co. So this is extremely close.... just out of curiosity I'd like to see the area where she was found.

No, I'm sorry. Plus I don't even know, given it was Nancy Grace, if it was the correct location. I tried googling for pics and couldn't find what was shown on Nancy Grace. It did look remote, not a highway, a dirt road basically with woods close on both sides.

I do wonder about the level of premediation here, bc with DE being so smart and aware of investigations, etc (engineering student, watches NCIS, etc), he obviously left an electronic footprint. Maybe he just wanted to have sexual relations with her, but did not plan to kill her.

Just to clarify, the "she" that I was referring to in my post was not NK, it was the relative of DE. Another post not long after mine had an article from a Galax newspaper that confirms that DE has a relative in that area.

Oh. Lol. Ok, DE then. :)

Just getting in and caught up, good morning all :coffee: but I had an idea I want to share before I forget. Today is a snow day for us so the teacher here (great to see all the teachers here, iirc CanadianWells, fannybrice...) would like to do something productive here re: all this bullying crap on social media if somehow at all possible. In the Miss Universe/Steve Harvey thread I discovered a meme maker. Maybe I can try to design a few "cool" bullying is "not cool" memes, you know, love one another or something like that. Like what would John Lennon say about all this if he were here. I would love anyone's input on the specific manner in which to convey this message, and how we can make it cool enough that a teenager would want to put it on his/her page. If I/we can make some cool enough, we could start by maybe posting it on our own SM sites, and maybe it will be cool enough that others might want to share.

Maybe I can start with a Panda, since Nicole loved pandas. Maybe Elvis since she liked Elvis... (Hey!! What about "Don't Be Cruel?! )

Have I told you lately you're my hero? :loveyou: Can't wait to see what you guys create?

Jenna Zibton– ‏@jennasjems

#Blacksburg police announce 2 pm new conference about #NicoleLovell death investigation

Does anyone happen to have a link where we might watch?

Have I told you lately you're my hero? :loveyou: Can't wait to see what you guys create?

(Thanks Bootsctr. :wave: Marking my spot to stay on track with this and get it done before the PC. Feel free anyone to contribute in the meantime, might take me a while.)

A couple of things I'm wondering about:

Where did we hear that there was no visible signs of COD on the body? Was this a reliable report?

Also did anyone else read that the body was found "in the snow" or "buried in the snow"? I can't find the post now but I do remember that.

Has anyone weighed in on the effect alcohol might have on her with her other medical issues? I read what her dad said about having convulsions after several days and I wonder if alcohol could throw her body into some sort of state. OF COURSE if the report about no visible signs of COD turns out not to be true - there will be no need to consider these options.

I'm still in the camp that says he did not decide to go kidnap and kill a 13 year old girl. I know something awful happened but I'm waiting for more information before I put him in the "pure evil" category. I'm aware that others have and I understand that as well. I'm glad there may be more news today.

I don't understand it when people say that Nicole looks like she was growing up too fast. Her Internet prescence is clearly one of a 13-year-old. Asking people if they thought she was pretty? Posting pictures of her texts arguing with her dad? Just because she tried to do a "come hither" look in pictures or posted texts with cursing doesn't mean she was a "wild child" or ~mature for her age. It's almost amusing---I see these profiles of middle-schoolers where they try to act older but their profiles scream that they are immature. Also, people aren't black and white. People make it sound like you either have the goody-goods who are socially inept and awkward and never do anything to appear "grown" and then you have the wild children who are having sex, drinking, drugs, posting sexy selfies, partying, etc and teenagers don't always completely fit into one box. Nicole wanted validation on her appearance, she wanted boys to think she was pretty, she wanted to appear ~cool on social media, but she still liked Disney movies. Sounds like a normal 13-year-old to me.

I came across this article from the Washington Post about Nicole and the dangers of the internet. It really describes what I feel Nicole was going through as a 13-year-old. Here's the link:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ne-fantasies-turn-fatal/ar-BBoZ6lS?li=BBnb7Kz

Near Virginia Tech, a 13-year-old’s online fantasies turn fatal

There are few holes deeper than those in the heart of a 13-year-old girl.For many, it is an age of painful yearning, of a life lived in imaginary cloud worlds, away from acne and algebra and all that awkwardness.

It used to be 13-year-olds would cry into their pillows. Or write in rainbow-covered journals, with rainbow pens. Their pain was private. Still, most endured, and survived.

A little more detail for mapping purposes:
"was discovered Saturday off N.C. 89 at Lowgap, in an area near Snowbird Curve where a road-construction project recently occurred. Atkinson described the site where the girl’s’ remains were found as above the Rocky Top store site, not far from N.C. 18 just south of the Virginia border."
http://thecarrollnews.com/news/1107/surry-likely-picked-at-random-to-dump-teens-body

Thanks I adjusted the map to show the general area where rt 89 and rt 18 meet. Here's the link to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2VLvG6QAl8U.ka7xd-tCxjMI&usp=sharing

Here is a basic Google Map, which can be tilted and rotated to get a better view of the general area where poor Nicole was found. https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...0x88518b8925e49b39:0x3799ed4a866a1d81!6m1!1e1

Here is some more info on the area: http://mtairynews.com/archive/11415...icle-deadly_snowbird_curve_to_be_straightened

Has it been made clear at this point that this was the first meeting between NL and DE? Just a thought- it's very common for transplanted individuals to be EBV positive. EBV can cause mono. I'm not finding any information that says whether or not it can be transmitted if the virus is latent, so not sure it's even possible, but is there a chance that she could have given DE mono at some point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami