VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find the link, but I think I remember reading that NL and DE began speaking on 1st Jan, is that correct?

If that's the case then I wonder if Nicole and DE started talking about meeting up in person very soon into their communication. Nicole may have been wary about meeting a boy from the internet alone. Meeting for the first time in the company of a female friend may have made her feel more comforable with the idea.

This could explain why DE and NK discussed the abduction for such a long time, it may not have been a sinister plot from NK's perspective for that time. DE may have contacted NK and told her that he'd met a girl online and they really wanted to meet, but that she was worried about meeting a stranger from the internet without a female present. He may have asked her to come and pick the girl up with him, not revealing she was much younger. NK may have felt happy to help or that she owed him, due to the tutoring. If this was the case then NK wasn't actually conspiring to abduct an underaged girl but rather helping a friend meet someone they hit it off with online.

Once the murder had occured, DE may have contacted NK for help because she was the logical choice. Perhaps he told her she was partly responsible for helping them meet and she felt she had no choice.

This is just pure speculation, but it might explain the charges (or how I understand them currently). JMO

It looks like all of Nicole's profiles on Facebook now say Remembering. She had another profile called Ryan Nicole. At first I thought it was that Ryan guys profile until I saw it said Remembering above the name. I wonder how many profiles she really does have that we may not know about. I am starting to think this was a revenge killing. Maybe Nicole "cat fished" DE and when he went to meet her, he found out she was just a kid. But when he told his college friend about it, she got mad and vowed revenge for it. There are those immature older teens and women that want revenge against someone that cat fishes others, not taking in to account that there is a mental disorder going on behind it. It is possible that in return, DE and NK may have turned around and "cat fished" Nicole back (DE using his being her "Acquaintance relationship" as a way to abduct her). Revenge can be a very powerful motivator in murder, especially in a young person's mind. Not saying this is what happened, but it is very possible and could be the reason it was in the planning phase back on January 2. Perhaps that's when they discovered Nicole was really 13. Then they turned around and created fake profiles and lured Nicole in. Is is possible that NK was making angry comments to DE about "I'd kill her if I were you" or "She is suicidal you should just help her out after she cat fished you", when/if he told her he had been cat fished? Is it possible that DE took it literally and acted upon what she was saying and he roped her in to helping him dispose of the body by telling her she was the one that told him to do it and he had text messages to prove it?

I am looking back through Nicole's facebook posts, I know I read one post that had a picture of her and she said she was getting ready to go on a date and she was nervous. I was trying to find the date of that post and haven't found it, maybe I was dreaming. I also noticed in one of her posts that she stated to her friends/family about the "Ryan" guy that he was not her boyfriend and she was just trying to make someone jealous, who was she trying to make jealous?

I am in no way blaming Nicole for what happened. I can imagine it is all to tempting for a young girl with low self esteem to try to get the attention of males online. They are at that age when they want a boyfriend and see their friends having a boyfriend at school. Even though a boyfriend usually means just talking on the phone, sitting together at lunch and during games at that age. My niece is a freshman in high school this year and I am quite saddened by her posts about constantly wanting a boyfriend or talking about a boy that she has a crush on that doesn't even notice her or is with someone else. At that age, they don't see the harm in text messages and showing them to their friends telling them it's their boyfriend. Some girls will even create fake male profiles and tell their friends that is their boyfriend and have that fake profile comment on their pictures and stuff. It's where the cat fishing starts. Just my opinion of course. Comments from a strange boy on a young teens picture telling her she is cute can be very powerful - heck, even comments on an adult woman's picture by a nice looking man can be very powerful is she has a low self esteem.

Because it has been said by LE that Keepers was engaging with Nicole online as early as Jan. 4, I am inclined to believe that Keepers was David A. That was on Kik, correct? The twins said that the communication with David was via Kik on the 27th. Logically, it leads one to believe that Keepers was either asked, told or pressured into the luring process by David E. But why? Either David had some doozy of a secret on her, or she was a very willing participant in whatever the plan was for Nicole. Now whether that initial plan included murder I suppose no one will never know.

If I were 13 and going to meet an older guy, I would get dressed and I would NOT take Minion blanket. If I were going to meet up with a girl to talk about boys or whatever, I'd go in my PJ's and grab a blanket. JMO MOO

That's a really good point. Personally I'd never go out in my PJ's to meet anyone I'd never met before, even if it was a girl. But perhaps if the arrangement was a slumber party some girls would.

Otherwise I wonder if the meeting was formally arranged for that evening specifically. Perhaps they just turned up and told her they had to be quick for some reason and she didn't feel she had time to grab clothes.

It's odd to me, especially with the temperatures there currently.That being said, I'm from the UK and it's been a while since I was 13 so perhaps I just don't have the mindset to understand it :)

I reported over 50 users accounts over the last 3 days, 22 were deleted. The others, I wrote a more defined response to why there was an issue with the user or posts and I will continue to do so. It takes many people doing so to make a change, but even one child saved is worth it.

Thank you for reporting. Ya know... I never *Loved* facebook the way a lot of people do. I have always felt, you can share just as much with family/friends over email.

But it was eye-opening in a really horrific way, for me to see this use of it!

What the hell is wrong with Facebook to allow this?!

These groups might as well be called, "Insecure little girls, meet sexual predators!"

Shame on Facebook for profiting off these pedophiles!

I have a Daughter, who will be 11 in April. My heart is just hemorrhaging, over this child's death. And NO I do not blame her parents. We don't know that she was not, "loved enough, or, monitored, enough.

There needs to be SOME responsibility placed on Web administrators that provide safe haven, for criminal activity targeting minors!

Her FB profile seemed far older than a 13-year old to me. Especially the shots of some guy showing off his chest.

I realize not all kids fit into one box.

I personally feel it's a sad shame she had to get involved in FB in the first place. Too many kids see their parents hovered over a phone instead enjoying the present.

I don't understand it when people say that Nicole looks like she was growing up too fast. Her Internet prescence is clearly one of a 13-year-old. Asking people if they thought she was pretty? Posting pictures of her texts arguing with her dad? Just because she tried to do a "come hither" look in pictures or posted texts with cursing doesn't mean she was a "wild child" or ~mature for her age. It's almost amusing---I see these profiles of middle-schoolers where they try to act older but their profiles scream that they are immature. Also, people aren't black and white. People make it sound like you either have the goody-goods who are socially inept and awkward and never do anything to appear "grown" and then you have the wild children who are having sex, drinking, drugs, posting sexy selfies, partying, etc and teenagers don't always completely fit into one box. Nicole wanted validation on her appearance, she wanted boys to think she was pretty, she wanted to appear ~cool on social media, but she still liked Disney movies. Sounds like a normal 13-year-old to me.

And that all the kids re on Tinder , so it is away quickly meet his peers.

Thank you!

FYI: the article that originally said NK had been charged with first-degree murder now says the following:

Editor's note: A previous version of this story stated that Natalie Keepers was charged with first-degree murder. She was charged with being an accessory before the fact to first-degree murder

http://abcnews.go.com/US/13-year-allegedly-killed-va-tech-student-stabbed/story?id=36665148

Originally, 19-year-old Natalie M. Keepers was charged only with one felony count of improper disposal of a dead body. She will be charged Wednesday as an accessory before the fact to first-degree murder, meaning prosecutors believe she may have played some roll in planning or encouraging the crime.

Keepers will be charged Wednesday as an accessory before the fact to first-degree murder, meaning prosecutors believe she may have played some roll in planning or encouraging the crime.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/feb/2/nicole-lovell-va-girl-stabbed-death-authorities/

bbm

I've always wondered- how does person A bring up to person B, 'hey, I'm wanting to kidnap/lure a young girl out and kill her. You want in on it?'
If B doesn't, then surely you have to kill that person to keep them from telling on you.
But just what gives you that vibe, that, yeah, I've always wanted to kill someone and I bet you do too.
Weird, but, seems to happen a lot.
All my own wonderings.

This times 1000. I have asked this before! I have a hard time finding other mommy friends to walk the mall with during the day, but somehow these sadistic evil people meet up and commit murder together?!?

I'd never even heard of KIK until this thread. I get scared thinking about what types of things will be out there when my son is older (he's still a toddler.)

This times 1000. I have asked this before! I have a hard time finding other mommy friends to walk the mall with during the day, but somehow these sadistic evil people meet up and commit murder together?!?

I know! It's crazy. I feel alone most days because I can't find anyone with a child with developmental delays similar to my son. And yet...these murderers find each other! So sick.

It's also possible that Natalie was the driving force behind this heinous scheme and lured DE into it.

This is what I am thinking too - maybe Natalie felt threatened by Nicole and David's relationship - whatever it was?!

OT, I wish I could believe kids learned from these tragedies...but I think they quickly go right back to "business", bullying the "losers" etc...
I really do not remember kids being as cruel "back then" as they are now. Maybe we were more naive and childish, I don't know. But even in high school, I don't recall the kinds of cruelty so easily available as with social media. It takes guts to be cruel to someone's face, whereas any coward can be mean on a computer.

I'd never even heard of KIK until this thread. I get scared thinking about what types of things will be out there when my son is older (he's still a toddler.)

Check out SnapChat if you want to be scared.

Just a note for families who are dealing with bullying in school: Go to the administration and make an absolute PEST of yourself. Do not be afraid to use the word "lawyer." School leaders want as little trouble as possible, so they will appease the families who make the most noise. Don't let families of the bullies throw their weight around--because they will.

My son came home crying a couple times during the first few weeks of middle school, and eventually he very reluctantly told us that another kid was throwing him against the wall and hitting him in the face whenever the gym teacher wasn't looking. We had a meeting with the vice-principal, who got the name of the kid and told us, Don't worry. We'll talk to the kid and tell him we are watching him and he will stop. And the kid did.

Why was my kid's school so on the ball? Not out of the goodness of their heart, but because a family had sued them for a million dollars five years before. In that case, a girl was being racially harassed on the bus. It was caught on cameras--and NO ONE wanted to do a thing about it because the bullying families were prominent in the community. After that, well, you bet your booty the school squashed the bullying before it got out of hand.

Schools have more power than they will admit.

Anyway, I'm just dropping into this devastating thread because whether or not the school bullying contributed to what happened to this poor baby, it didn't help. It's so awful to think about how much pain and unhappiness this child dealt with in her short life.

Rest in peace, dear girl.

You've got that right! I don't even have kids yet and worry about it. Yesterday, I asked my parents if my 13-year-old niece had a FB account (my brother is a Baptist minister & fairly strict about that kind of stuff---and she doesn't have her own phone). They said she had been asking my brother to let her create one and he agreed one day... but said she could only use it when he was around and warned her that it would be monitored.

Well, no more than 5 minutes after she set up the account, a 19 year old dude messaged her & my brother shut it down immediately. Like seriously? How do these sickos even find these young girls???

Thank you for reporting. Ya know... I never *Loved* facebook the way a lot of people do. I have always felt, you can share just as much with family/friends over email.

But it was eye-opening in a really horrific way, for me to see this use of it!

What the hell is wrong with Facebook to allow this?!

These groups might as well be called, "Insecure little girls, meet sexual predators!"

Shame on Facebook for profiting off these pedophiles!

I have a Daughter, who will be 11 in April. My heart is just hemorrhaging, over this child's death. And NO I do not blame her parents. We don't know that she was not, "loved enough, or, monitored, enough.

There needs to be SOME responsibility placed on Web administrators that provide safe haven, for criminal activity targeting minors!
I 100% agree with you. This needs to stop. We need revolution/reform for these
repulsive websites for CHILDREN. I'm horrified for these children seeking attention from strangers behind a screen. WHAT GOING ON?

Because it has been said by LE that Keepers was engaging with Nicole online as early as Jan. 4, I am inclined to believe that Keepers was David A. That was on Kik, correct? The twins said that the communication with David was via Kik on the 27th. Logically, it leads one to believe that Keepers was either asked, told or pressured into the luring process by David E. But why? Either David had some doozy of a secret on her, or she was a very willing participant in whatever the plan was for Nicole. Now whether that initial plan included murder I suppose no one will never know.

David A may have been on Instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members